Fishing and making money

Hey guys,

I'm contemplating actually leveling my fishing skill. How is making money off of it? It seems like the fish for makings feasts etc go for a pretty good amount.

it is quite good to make money on.. not theee best maybe, but not bad..
    dont forget that you can fish from fishing 1 in schools and will allllllways get fish. also check prices before, however while leveling uldum coast is probably best for fathom eel, twilight highlands river/lake was good before, but nowadays its hard to find schools.
    lavascale is also alright but not while leveling since u cant get it in school.
    My estimate is that you atleast can earn 1k / hour of fishing atleast with my server prices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or if volatile life is selling decent, just go to twilight highlands or hyjal and fish that in the lava pools (you get 1-2 per cast and there are a lot of pools). Also like imoom said, as long as you fish from pools, your fishing skill doesn't matter.

Id say aim for 80-250g stack/fish for feast fished, anything less never worth it. Volatile waters sells ok aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    probably best for fathom eel, twilight highlands river/lake was good before, but nowadays its hard to find schools.
    Most folks only hit the river and that big lake at its source but dont realize that there are a couple of pools northwards of kirkhaven that can spawn pools. I could be wrong but I recall hearing that nodes such as fish pools have set potential spawn points but new ones wont pop till a current one is harvested in that zone. Basically if you only farm one area of a zone that area will eventually have very sparse spawns and they will be thick elsewhere. I've noticed a few times that when the main lake and the river are barren of pools if I swing up past kirkhaven there will be 4-5 schools cramed into the tiny pools up there. clearing them out starts the river and lake spawning agian.

Deleted
    Twilight Highlands in the soutwest.
    Lot of pools of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I could be wrong but I recall hearing that nodes such as fish pools have set potential spawn points but new ones wont pop till a current one is harvested in that zone.
    I've found this to be accurate, it seems there are max pools / zone. But maybe I'm crazy.