Looking for a DVD player that can play videos off a External Hard Drive

Just curious if it is even possible really. I've seen a lot of DVD players recently that have a USB input on them and I have an external HD that I use for Movies/TV shows/etc, was just curious if anyone knows if its even possible to play the videos on the HD through the DVD player.

Don't remember seeing any DVD player supporting too big range of video files, mostly the USB port is just for watching jpg's or listening to mp3's. Some set-top-box style media players can play just about everything from USB stick or disc though, including unprotected .iso images of DVD and BluRay movies.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-05-27 at 08:27 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Not sure about DVD players man with that capability, But you can get USB Media Players, (Pictured Above) which you Plug your External into, and than it Plugs into Tv's using the AV/Auxilary plugs (red,white,yellow plugs)

They Cost a little more than a conventional DVD but give you access to basically anything you want to watch which lives as Files

Come to think of it i think i've seen a media player with a DVD player all joined together.

Have a look around man and you'll find it eventually, or ask someone at a Tech Shop.

EDIT: Looking around abit i actually found a hybrid for you Its called the "Xtreamer DVD Media Player"

Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-05-27 at 08:33 AM.