Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.2 - Feral Druid or Rogue?

Hey guys,

I've been playing RShaman / Frost Mage for the majority of this season and I wanna switch it up a bit for the next season with some melee action.
    Which class do you figure comes out ahead once 4.2 hits and who has more option for comps?

Just looking at the PTR patchnotes, Ferals seem to get a shitload of buffs and they already are a pretty tough opponent to face - Still rogue has a shitload of control but might come out behind in the damage compartment?

Let me know what you think

Deleted
    Warrior

I think both rogue and druid will be hit by the nerfbat again.

Deleted
    Rogue

Lower damage but like u said yourself: it has shitload of cc + i think its more fun to play

rogue loses alot of dmg if you

1 can't get behind them

2 got lagg. aka your not behind the enemy while on the screen you are.

Rogue is getting two of its defensive cooldowns nerfed because of a shared cooldown.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Just go resto/feral and faceroll. Easy comp, much stronger than resto/rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    Just go resto/feral and faceroll. Easy comp, much stronger than resto/rogue.
    I care more about 3's than 2's - 2's jus for the lulz and trying new things

Deleted
    I played a feral throughout all of cata, and can honestly say its the coolest class i've pvped with. Great mobility, good burst, cc and peels and okay survivability. And with all that its still not really faceroll because you have to change forms/pool energy etc.

Even though rogue might just be the funnest of all but i've never tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by anazei View Post
    I care more about 3's than 2's - 2's jus for the lulz and trying new things
    QFT

My feral really lost pizazz with the powershifting nerf. It just feels like a clunkier rogue to me at least. Comparing the two directly, its really an issue between control (SubRogue) and damage (Feral).

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Just play whatever class you like to play.
    Not exactly an answer I was looking for
    Blizzard has proven this season, that they're unable to balance this game in any way. FrostDKs have been the shizznatch this whole season and have not recieved a single hotfix to nerf any of their overpowered abilities.
    In order to overcome that, I'm looking for insight from players of both classes (feral druids & rogues) and if they think that the powercurve might shift their way a little.

Ferals aren't getting buffed so that they'll be OP, they are getting buffed so that they don't fall back into TBC LAWLFERAL mode with the way scaling is going.

Rogues have awesome godly cooldowns such as cloak of shadows, vanish. If you play subtlety you get premeditation, preperation. plus more cc. You don't have to waste time getting gear for your offspec. Overall pretty consistant damage. Feral on the other hand, gets better heals, more damage than the rogue. The rogue has more survivability though. You'd get all the awesome perks of a druid. Like flightform gathering, and the ability to play all roles. They go hand. I choose feral for awesome dispellable bleeds and shred, but I think rogues are funner to play.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anazei View Post
    Not exactly an answer I was looking for
    What answer are you looking for ? Whats best ? Most viable ? Because im just going to tell you to stay on your mage in that case.

Otherwise, play whatever class you like to play.

My own biasd opinion tells you to play feral druid.

Don't take my word for it though. Infact dont take any people's opinions in this thread at face value. It's you whos going to be playing this toon, not us. Go look up some rogue & druid guides to see what you're in for. You should be able to develop your own opinion on whats best for you to play.
    Last edited by rated; 2011-05-29 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    any class is good if u learn how to play it...

I would say rogue because I actually find it fun to play with, but with the nerf we're getting... can't really tell ya.

Feral, they are just crazy right now, and getting buffed.

Warrior just because its "skill" to burn all CD's and bladestorm at the start of a fight and collect ur points

Also if u meet a caster SP (for example) as Warrior its not how to run from a SP its PTSSP, how to shatter suppression, confront shatter suppression. You apply it, and its like BOOM!.

4.2 PT Warrior: •Retaliation, Recklessness and Shield Wall no longer have stance requirements. When i read it, you know I just went pfft. This is it this is excatly it. Its rough and tumble and its a blast! its a blast really.... Because damnit, there is nothing better than stepping into arena and suddenly globaling some clothie
    Last edited by Hornyangel; 2011-05-29 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    ^ Rofl. Because now they won't have to come up to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM

Play Rogue

Rogues are getting a pretty huge damage buff for assass and combat, so it's possible assass could be the #1 pvp spec again.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    I would say rogue because I actually find it fun to play with, but with the nerf we're getting... can't really tell ya.
    Rogues are getting a huge damage buff, it's coming with a bit of a survivability nerf, but I think with this much of a damage buff it'll be fine.

Hmmm the buff isn't on the main PTR patch notes page, but Boub posted something about combat and assassination buffs a few days ago.

Oh werd sub is getting a buff too.
    Last edited by iorcedurmother; 2011-05-30 at 01:00 AM.