Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Legend of Zelda MMO?

Fellow Game Nerds,

Quote Originally Posted by Massively.com
    The land of Hyrule may be invading your computer very soon -- or maybe you will be invading it. Nintendo, creator of the console hit the Legend of Zelda, has just registered for an ESRB rating for a game called Zelda Universe. According to the ESRB website, this mysterious game has received an "E" rating with "violence" as the only descriptive text, but the game is listed as "online." Although all other Nintendo games have a console listed along with the rating, this particular title does not. This could very well mean that everyone's favorite adventurer will appear in an MMORPG.

The official website for the Legend of Zelda games is called Zelda Universe, but the Entertainment Software Rating Board is not in the habit of handing out ratings to online content unless that content is also a game. Perhaps this is one of the big announcements Nintendo will reveal in its presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in less than 12 days.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/05...the-mmo-space/

I would enjoy this very much ... as long as group dungeons don't require me to make dinosaurs eat bombs.

Deleted
    Dont ruin Zelda games!

Deleted
    I really can't see how that would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    I really can't see how that would work.
    lack of vision, tsk tsk.

Anyway let's all hope it will be a success.

id only love this if we all get a tiny fairy to follow us around and yell "hey, over here" <3
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    id only love this if we all get a tiny fairy to follow us around and yell "hey, over here" <3
    don't forget an extremely annoying owl

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    don't forget an extremely annoying owl
    wont lie im actually kinda excited. i loved Ocarina of time and majora's mask, and besides the graphics i really liked wind waker too >.> sooooooo this is gonna be epic
    Last edited by Senbo; 2011-05-27 at 12:16 PM. Reason: edit
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

I love Zelda games so much...but I really don't see how they could make it into an mmo. I seriously hope they do a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I love Zelda games so much...but I really don't see how they could make it into an mmo. I seriously hope they do a good job.
    would need more active combat than regular wow-style mmo's, I could hardly imagine a zelda where ganon just stands still, hitting a plated link, with 15 other links standing behind him poking him with their master swords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I love Zelda games so much...but I really don't see how they could make it into a MMO.
    This is my feelings about it too. I just can't imagine it happening, If it does though... goodbye life.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2011-05-27 at 05:00 PM.

Please don't ruin my favorite series of all time... =(

It could be more of an instant action kind of game ala DotA/LoL/LOCO..

if it's an mmo as in you are am hyrulian and got to kill dekus standing in place and getting out fo the fire spamming 1 2 and 3... It is gonna be the most awful zelda game ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    More material can never be worse than none at all, however what exactly would be the foundation of the game? Would we just be spoonfed with the "legends" of previous games? Would we all be hylians? What evil would there be? What role would the triforce play?

It's frankly quite hard to imagine a Zelda MMO that has enough substance to work as a competitive/raiding MMO, instead of a story-driven singleplayer game.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senbo View Post
    hey! Lissen!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You wont be able to jump.

And the Zelda universe(s) can't support a MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

i think the main problem ppl have is that a mmo most of the time has two diff playable factions, so how will they work this out? else, ignoring that point, i could see it work, if you not try to expect to be playing as Link himself

If they happen to do this online it should be a hack and slash with a huge world map with a leveling system.

I can picture an online link to the past or OoT and it would be awesome but I honestly feel it wouldn't be the same.
    Link isn't a healer nor Zelda so you would be silly tarded "humans" and the other races out there so it wouldn't be the same.

Thinking about it though, wouldn't it be awesome having zelda style dungeons and boss fights DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmgon...eature=related

It's too dangerous to MMO alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no leveling system.
    Just make it one giant online adventure game, without any grinds, runs, levels, gold, trades, etc.
    Just a FUN game.
    Last edited by HazardYo; 2011-05-27 at 12:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

It has already been confirmed that its not for an MMO its just for there website that might end up having some mini flash games on it. An article is on kotaku about it.

If this really turns out to be a Zelda MMO, I will be very excited. However, I am also very hopeful they don't decide on Wind Waker graphics here, and something closer to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword (to a lesser extent). Also, I hope there's a good variety of races. I'd definitely play Zora.