Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lava wont kill me!

Does anybody else find it silly that lava in wow only does like 500 damage when it should instantly melt down your body. They should atleast make lava do a % of damage based on your health , just like falling damage, eccept this will do like 20% every 2 seconds. This would be cool , more realistics... and knockbacks will be a hell of alot more fun.

Or maybe you are just God?

Quote Originally Posted by sawdigger View Post
    Does anybody else find it silly that lava in wow only does like 500 damage when it should instantly melt down your body. They should atleast make lava do a % of damage based on your health , just like falling damage, eccept this will do like 20% every 2 seconds. This would be cool , more realistics... and knockbacks will be a hell of alot more fun.
    Hey guys, does anyone else find it weird that a gnome can tank Gruul and Ragnaros? Or the fact we can conjure fire from our hands and that I can carry 70 horses, 15 dragonheads and still leave room for a bunch of longswords in my backpack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    It may become more realistic, but imo there will be QQ around it.

You cant really QQ about LAVA killing you, its freaking LAVA

Deleted
    *Everything* should kill you more effectively than it actually does. I mean Al'akir is swinging around a sword that an entire 25 man raid could stand on. Not only can you survive a couple hits from it, you can even parry the bloody thing!

And so when I was tanking Supremus way back and a friend behind me asked - Why doesn't that giant just step on you?

well realistically we shouldn't be able to even go close to lava, yet alone touching or swimming in it, without burning up. but realism sometimes has to take a backseat to gameplay. the lava in Blackwing Descent should be more to your liking though, if you're into fatally hot baths

Thats true but thats why we have awesome armor

Back in the classic days when players only had 2000 - 5000 HP, 600 damage per tick was pretty high!

Yup! Blizz forgot to scale the damage with our levels!

We kill enemies by hacking at their feet for five minutes, we have gnomes and goblins tanking bosses the size of mountains, wave your hands in the air and that arm that was just cut off magically sews right back onto your torso, cities supposedly containing thousands of people are the size of your backyard... yet this is what you find odd?

I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis. Realism and adherence to physics does not rank among my concerns with game play. Infact I'm pretty sure the game's complete disobedience of both is why I play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats true but thats why we have awesome armor
    Hey look a pool of lava , wait just let my get my metal swim suit and we can go for a dive

Yes, yes it is... =)

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 10:23 AM ----------

As posted in a previous thread by someone else, lava useto do alot of damage for level 60s in vanilla. Why would they not increase the damage with our levels? I dont see any reason why not. It worked in vanilla it should work now.

15+ Year Old Account
    You cant really QQ about LAVA killing you, its freaking LAVA
    You haven't read the forums much. People can and will QQ about anything and everything. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

they did actually hire somebody to test the effects of bathing in lava in real life so they could adjust the game to match
    but the guy got fired :P

Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone else find it weird that a gnome can tank Gruul and Ragnaros? Or the fact we can conjure fire from our hands and that I can carry 70 horses, 15 dragonheads and still leave room for a bunch of longswords in my backpack?
    I think the point is more that the damage doesn't scale, which makes damage from lava trivial above lvl 60. I remember people falling into the lava in BRM and dying in a few seconds from the damage they took; now I regen health faster than I take it in lava.

Granted, lava damage doesn't exactly play as big a part in the overall game, but staying out of the lava should be a decision to keep yourself alive, not to make sure you keep running at full speed and not have to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You haven't read the forums much. People can and will QQ about anything and everything. :P
    This thread is a perfect example. People complaining that lava doesn't instagib/melt/scale. Really? Of all the things in the game, this is what needs attention?