10+ Year Old Account

Dead Rising 2, Any good?

Using my $25 best buy gift card, i just bought Read Rising 2 because I read some good reviews and it was 24.99

My question is, have you played it, and did you like it? my copy should be here in a few days

Deleted
    It is an excellent game but there is one very frustrating thing that you need to know in advance that ruined the game for some people since they don't explain it in game or anywhere during the game:

You are not supposed to be able to complete the game in one run, you have to play as far as you can and if it starts getting too hard and you start failing you need to let the timer run out /game end. It is made so that you have to start the game again and again with the same stats and abilities that you lost the game during your last playthrough. Most of the frustration is caused because some bosses are ridiculously hard / impossible without some abilities and the time limits are stupendous and prevent you from enjoying the game if you try to get through it on the first playthrough. The game fails to explain this and you're supposed to know it from some shitty press conference or something (or the manual that nobody reads) and I bet some of the low reviews were because of this.

So yes it's an excellent game but allow yourself to fail the storyline and have some free roam fun and start from the beginning with imported char.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It is an excellent game but there is one very frustrating thing that you need to know in advance that ruined the game for some people since they don't explain it in game or anywhere during the game:

You are not supposed to be able to complete the game in one run, you have to play as far as you can and if it starts getting too hard and you start failing you need to let the timer run out /game end. It is made so that you have to start the game again and again with the same stats and abilities that you lost the game during your last playthrough. Most of the frustration is caused because some bosses are ridiculously hard / impossible without some abilities and the time limits are stupendous and prevent you from enjoying the game if you try to get through it on the first playthrough. The game fails to explain this and you're supposed to know it from some shitty press conference or something (or the manual that nobody reads) and I bet some of the low reviews were because of this.

So yes it's an excellent game but allow yourself to fail the storyline and have some free roam fun and start from the beginning with imported char.
    Exactly what he said. That was the main turn off for me even though i really love zombie games. It still is a good game but I dont recommend it to people.

10+ Year Old Account

that is such a strange mechanic. not supposed to be able to finish a game. but, in terms of free roaming, i heard it was excellent. Finding exotic weapons/outfits as you run through the mall/whatever. cant wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    that is such a strange mechanic. not supposed to be able to finish a game. but, in terms of free roaming, i heard it was excellent. Finding exotic weapons/outfits as you run through the mall/whatever. cant wait
    Ye... but not telling the player about it so they suffer trying to finish it over and over and then they realize when they're about to delete the game folder that they are supposed to start over lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Do the psychopaths stay killed after each subsequent playthrough?

like, if you kill Slappy in playthrough number 2, is he still dead in playthrough 3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    Do the psychopaths stay killed after each subsequent playthrough?

like, if you kill Slappy in playthrough number 2, is he still dead in playthrough 3?
    I don't think so but sometimes you get abilities that make them way easier.

I myself think it's an awesome game, it is a little difficult but that adds to the fun of it, aswell as finding all the option things that take place.
    Your first time playing it will probably involve missing non-story objectives, that factor makes it good to come back to play again.
    The psychopaths do indeed reset after on each play through infact everything other than your stats do. The psychopaths are killable on the first playthrough, but they arent too easy. ^^