15+ Year Old Account

Al'akir Heroic 10 man Vid: Destruction Lock PoV

My guild killed Al'akir Heroic last night on 10 man aftr 150 + wipes (2% wipe, 1% wipe, Dc's, Chromaggus pet bug etc etc). Luckily I recorded the kill; just looking for some advice on how I can improve at all, and for people to check out the movie. Nothing special; Destruction Warlock. Bare with me for the first 2 mins; I play really shitty; dots etc. Ekko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqMcpzz_F2I
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2011-05-27 at 10:58 PM.

Typically these kinds of threads come with a link to said video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Typically these kinds of threads come with a link to said video
    I could be wrong but I think the link is in his sig. Just guessing though...

Made by dubbelbasse

From what I can tell of your UI, it looks like you did an awful job casting Chaos Bolt, and had immolate fall off all the time

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the link is in his sig. Just guessing though...
    I know, it's still typical to include these things

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched it briefly and was curious as to why your portal is farther out instead of in melee range . Also I noticed you took awhile for your 1st shadowflame since you didn't start in range for it. and lastly I didn't see much fel flame on the move or the 2 fel flames you can get while getting knocked back from windburst.

didn't watch the entire thing but thats what stood out from just 1 min of watching it.

And as penguin said uptime on immo and cbolt being on cooldown looked very sketchy.

Made by dubbelbasse

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats on the kill OP but you could of played better :P

In any case good job

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah I didn't do a great job with chaos bolt dots; I was more focused on just not failing and don't have the current level of ease with this class to just play the spec intuitively; Panic/focus on other things. Pain in the arse boss ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you mentioned on the youtube page you had no doomgaurd for hero but im pretty sure its unaffected by lust because its a gaurdian and about the pet thing I'm as baffled as you because no matter what spec I play my pet either dies or repeats falling and teleporting back to me over and over. is there any pet that does actual dps in p3 ?

Made by dubbelbasse

15+ Year Old Account
    Doing a Shadowflame @ the start should of happened you're right, as for the portal I just had it out just in case I got caught between squall lines etc. My concentration was shattered after so many days wiping to be honest and this was the last try of the night. As for the fel Flames I'll check what you mean.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 11:12 PM ----------

yeah, my worst try I think; according to logs at doing damage was just so shattered :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I do however like the quality of the video and the fact you are brave enough to let people critique your play on an open forum.
    Also grats on the kill =D.

Made by dubbelbasse

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure with the pet to be honest; I'll have to do some research. Doom-guard would of just been nice for the extra damage.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    I'm not sure with the pet to be honest; I'll have to do some research. Doom-guard would of just been nice for the extra damage.
    I'm sure you will do better the next kill

Al Akir's P3 is just dumb for pets

15+ Year Old Account
    cheers mate; only way you're gona get better is by people being honest with you

hey. grats on the kill! my guild has been wiping on h al akir for wayyy to long now.
    may i know how you set the dbm bars to specifically show it's wind burst cooldown and also wind burst's cast bar? it'd be great if i could do that too! thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeerk009 View Post
    hey. grats on the kill! my guild has been wiping on h al akir for wayyy to long now.
    may i know how you set the dbm bars to specifically show it's wind burst cooldown and also wind burst's cast bar? it'd be great if i could do that too! thanks
    Thanks man, the addon is Bigwigs and the bars are called: Emphasized Bars I believe. Ek

The Cd timers with the spell icons above the cd bar how do i get that i asked on the video but i looked at big wigs and couldn't figure it out