Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    GIMP is what pops to my mind as well. It's messy. That pretty much describes it. For an old Photoshop veteran, having to resort to GIMP at the lack of Photoshop is just torture. Sure, it's free, but they could really come up with something a lot more user-friendly. I'll never touch the thing again.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

My new computer, Mic was not working, ok, resintalled drivers, do the usual shit, check everything, after a driver reinstall, I lost sound, so nothing was working with no drivers, GOD DAMN IT. Spend all the afternoon trying to fix it with no success. Out of boredom, I plugged into the frontal microphone line a BROKEN earpiece (please notice, a EARPIECE, into a MICROPHONE line), automagically, got audio again. Unplugged, lost audio. Plugged it in the frontal speaker line, MICROPHONE AND SPEAKERS WORKING. Seriously, WTF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djtoxic View Post
    My new computer, Mic was not working, ok, resintalled drivers, do the usual shit, check everything, after a driver reinstall, I lost sound, so nothing was working with no drivers, GOD DAMN IT. Spend all the afternoon trying to fix it with no success. Out of boredom, I plugged into the frontal microphone line a BROKEN earpiece (please notice, a EARPIECE, into a MICROPHONE line), automagically, got audio again. Unplugged, lost audio. Plugged it in the frontal speaker line, MICROPHONE AND SPEAKERS WORKING. Seriously, WTF?
    Your computer isn't software, it's hardware...

iTunes is buggy as hell, I liked it just fine a few years ago but now they made it all fucked up in attempt to modernized it or something and it's not fun to use...and sometimes songs get moved or deleted entirely from my library after I play them once. What the fuckover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    iTunes is buggy as hell, I liked it just fine a few years ago but now they made it all fucked up in attempt to modernized it or something and it's not fun to use...and sometimes songs get moved or deleted entirely from my library after I play them once. What the fuckover.
    I've used iTunes for awhile now and that's never happened to me... O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    It happens to me at what I can only assume is random times.

I keep my music on another HD (my main is really old and really small... the external is actually bigger than it ><), so I think that might be the problem. Sometimes it just deletes every bit of music and refuses to pal it until I re-move EVERYTHING into it. That includes remaking all playlists as well ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by mcslave View Post
    any thing that begins with Microsoft
    /agree, but with an addition of anything adobe touches, turns to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    quicktime is one i hate

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Yah if you are trying to run more then one ipod/phone on the same itunes without specifying something er rather blahblah you are gonna have a bad time. Something about also blahblah letting things sync or it erases and warns you to blahblah that guy needs to learn to follow basic instructions and blah...whatever.
    Itunes is not buggy, and works fine, i've never had it happen to me either.

Nvidia Gefore 540m drivers. i don't even know how to start on where the problems lie, but I can't have my laptop plugged in on high performance mode and use firefox or the driver stops working. Can't tell you how many downloads in the 90% range I've lost because of this issue.

Norton anything, Itunes, Heroes of Newerth, and Internet Explorer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It happens to me at what I can only assume is random times.

I keep my music on another HD (my main is really old and really small... the external is actually bigger than it ><), so I think that might be the problem. Sometimes it just deletes every bit of music and refuses to pal it until I re-move EVERYTHING into it. That includes remaking all playlists as well ;-;

There was a version of iTunes (I believe it was one of the early releases of 10?) that some people were complaining would attempt to clear out 'pirated' files with little care as to whether the file in question was actually pirated. Might be part of your issue?

Granted I have no idea if the claim is actually true, and no real reason to believe it one way or another. I'm avoiding upgrading to 10 because I dislike some of the new features (not the least of which is the icon, yes /picky).

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I just tend to avoid iTunes completely. The year or so I used an iPhone 3GS, I just used something that played multiple formats and iPhone Browser to transfer them over. With my 64GB CF iPod Classic, I just use Floola until rockbox is stable and running.

Moral of the story, I don't let ANY software "manage" my music. Especially due to varied formats.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    acer empowering suit sold with my first laptop. Took me 3 years to figure how to uninstall it. and still it keeps sending mail to me

Norton Antivirus.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    GIMP is what pops to my mind as well. It's messy. That pretty much describes it. For an old Photoshop veteran, having to resort to GIMP at the lack of Photoshop is just torture. Sure, it's free, but they could really come up with something a lot more user-friendly. I'll never touch the thing again.
    Yeah, changing from Photop to GIMP hurts a lot, so lacking. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    One old version of Logitech SetPoint... It would never save my configs no matter what I did. Also Norton anything.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Games For Windows Live. I hate it.

Norton pre-2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Speaking of which though, I have some horrific customer support stories I can provide on request.
    Quickbooks or worse?