Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Nothing too bad lately, but avast has been a pain in the ass for me, when its installed my computer is locked up when I try to turn it on normally, I had to go in to safe mode, and uninstall the program, no problems since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Silverlight: Doesn't run in Linux, the Linux alternative doesn't run current Silverlight apps (like the UFC Live stream, which is the only one I've ever come across, TBH). I also don't get any reason why someone would use it over Flash. If someone wants to explain it to me, cool.

Windows 7: Because it makes my Hex-Core/8gig ram system run like my old Athalon64 single core system with XP.

So, basically, I hate Microsoft products.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    Silverlight: Doesn't run in Linux, the Linux alternative doesn't run current Silverlight apps (like the UFC Live stream, which is the only one I've ever come across, TBH). I also don't get any reason why someone would use it over Flash. If someone wants to explain it to me, cool.
    If "someone" is end users and not developers, a lot of people have Silverlight thanks to Netflix. I know that's the case for me.

If "someone" is devs then yeah, agree. It has some unique features (and flash has plenty of it's own problems) but overall with the problems and plusses all weighed out Silverlight's performance still makes Flash win-out.

Deleted
    i hate any software that requires the user who wants to work with it to have more rights than they usually have in a corporate environment
    f.ex. i recently had to deal with some software used to program coffee-machines - that pice of junk simply wont run if the user does not have full write permissions directly on the root folder of the harddrive.
    also anything that by default stores the users data in places the "normal" user wont find, like <userprofile>\Application Data\ or <userprofile>\Local Settings\

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windows.

10 chars
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone up to this point gets a pass. From this point on, if you're going to claim a piece of software to be the worst you've ever dealt with, then back it up with some substance. Otherwise, it's no different than the software bashing that's not permitted as per this forum's guidelines.

Well, to add substance:
    Games For Windows Live for being a horrible piece of software. There is literally no commendable feature in it. Its features were severely lacking and apparently based on a poorly coded browser, which showed in its functionality when you could not at any point in time rely on actually being logged in when needing it.

Nevermind that trying to get addons working with its games, ie Fallout 3, was downright horrendous. Despite being supposed to function by its own, you were forced to find the addon itself and copy it over to your Fallout 3 folder. This was not an easy task, because Games For Windows Live tried poorly to conquer piracy of it, I assume it was, by having a metric fuckton of redundant folders all over the place.

And even if you managed to get it working, may god have mercy on your soul if you tried to actually earn the achievements. Getting the software to function with the game was a miserable event.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-05-29 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't seen anything unless you've tried Samsung Kies. Haha, it's goddamn hilarious!
    It's amazingly buggy, my god!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    RSA Secure ID. God that made my computer slow. And the support of that company is just terrible.

Deleted
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M Drivers.
    The newest drivers let programs like wow, photoshop and solidworks crash every few seconds. The old drivers messes with the colors. And the interface is horrible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solid works. (CAD program)

"You cant attatch a solid onto this structure, can't find a plane"
    Making a plane
    I just made one you piece of crap. Trying to fix whatever might be wrong which takes me way back up the library
    "Error. Plane missing, can't fill solid"
    And 4 hours of work is made into a pile of steaming errors due to one minor flaw at the beginning.

Thank god I never have to work with it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    Solid works. (CAD program)

Making a plane
    I just made one you piece of crap. Trying to fix whatever might be wrong which takes me way back up the library
    "Error. Plane missing, can't fill solid"
    And 4 hours of work is made into a pile of steaming errors due to one minor flaw at the beginning.

Thank god I never have to work with it again
    I love solidworks :O Though I understand what you mean