Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to fix Warlocks PvP-wise !

Hey i started this topic on the official Eu wow forum, but i really would like to read the opinion of larger group of people, so i am re-posting the thread here as well.
    Original post ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1656932?page=1 )

1st - Soul Link -Give soul link another 5 or 10% added throu a glyph.

2nd - Sacrifice - Improve Voidwalker shield from Sacrifice to 20-30k OR keep it 10k but lower its cooldown to aprox 15-20 sec ( down from 1 minute )

3rd - Fel armor - currently heals for 6% of any single target damage we deal ( wich is a joke in PvP environment ). Increase to 15% would really feel much more confortable.

4th - Soulburn - Demo / Destro need to cast to become viable in PvP. There is probably no way that dev's can make us immune to silence/interupts as this would be way too OP. But using soulburn and wasting a shard on giving us the chance of casting while moving for a small duration of 10sec might just make the difference. ( SOulburn + Incenirate/Shadowbolt )

5th - Soulburn+ Fear - Makes fear instant cast.

6th - Demonic Portal - Keep the same CD but make it remove movement imparing effects when used. (Similar to mage's blink)

7th - Immolate - Adding some sort of dispell protection can unlock destruction as a PvP tree again.

8th - Soul Harvest - Allow us to use this spell in combat. It has long channeling duration so it wont help in PvE but will greatly help us survive in PvP (also used as a soulshard regeneration tool )

9th - Demon Armor - Demon Armor armor bonus should be increased to reasonable amount for example providing 4-5k more armor so it actually makes a difference when u switch it. ( Kerber from Anachronos )

10th - Death Coil - Currently that ability is only used as either quick interrupt or as "escape the melee" button. So it is good as it is, however the amount healed does not put it as "Save me im dyeing" button. I suggest the amount healed ( currently around 3-4k gets at least tripled. ( 12 - 15k )

If you can think of more but REASONABLE ways to improve our pvp performance please share.

P.S: Please be sure suggested changes do not affect our PvE dmg making us imbalanced.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by trakker; 2011-05-27 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Edited title

Oddly enough the problem isn't actually with warlocks its with everyone else.

1. There's not enough penalty on the dmg that instant attacks cause most melee classes can keep a warlock locked down with their slows once they gain distance.
    2. Its way easier for melee classes to get in on a caster then it is for casters to get away from melee.
    Rogue - Shadowstep Warrior - Charge, Leap DK - Grip, Immobilize Chains Feral - Bear Charge, Kitty Shadowstep
    As warlocks we have our Portal but most likely they have their distance closer off CD.
    3. Most melee classes have a very very good way to be anti caster and interrupt anything we do or immune if we actually cast.
    Rogues - Kick, Gouge Warrior - Charge, Pummel, Zerker Rage DK - AMS, Lichborn Feral - Skull Bash, Bash

I see a little imbalance as I don't have a reliable way to instantly get and keep melee off me. To me they need to increase the CD of these distance closers a bit because right now honestly its a joke. I play my warrior as my alt and just laugh because all I need to do is get on the warlock and tunnel him because I know he will eventually fall over when I get my string of crits.

I don't understand the problem here. Are you saying warlocks aren't viable for gladiator?

Warlocks have a way higher skillcap then most classes right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 min cd on that combat Soul Harvest
    (New Ability) - invokes one of the abilitys of the warlocks demons even when not summoned: Spell Lock, Sacrifice, Seduction or Phase Shift(invulnerable but unable to act for 6 seconds)
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-05-28 at 05:45 AM.

They need to stop saying well you have a pet that can do this so you can't have that. Its a pretty bad argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a Self-Banish spell, similar to Iceblock (it would ofc remove dots) and be a nice little "ohshithelpme" button

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I'd like a Self-Banish spell, similar to Iceblock (it would ofc remove dots) and be a nice little "ohshithelpme" button
    I'v been saying this since BC, le sigh....

Affliction warlocks look like shadowpriests pre-buff...

2nd - Sacrifice
    Noone runs with voidwalker, it can't interrupt, can't dispel yourself and does pitiful damage. The only situation you'd use it is in an oh shit moment, when you'd soulburn summon it. After that moment's passed, you would switch to a different pet. Therefore it doesn't need a CD reduction.

3rd - Fel armor healing
    Not really gamebreaking. Yeah, the passive self healing was good and what it was nerfed to is nothing in comparison, but it doesn't make a huge difference.

4th - Soulburn
    You can soulburn a soulfire if you want an instant cast. The problem isn't so much having to cast but rather immolate being dispelled for the two specs you are talking about.

5th - Soulburn+ Fear
    Could be useful I guess. But we have death coil that is an instant fear. And the aoe fear as well (if you're affliction)

6th - Demonic Portal
    It already does this.

7th - Immolate dispel protection
    I agree.

8th - Soul Harvest
    They would have to increase the cooldown a lot if that were the case. Personally I think that it is fine if it's only usable out of combat, but it should heal as much as it did before, as a reward for actually being able to drop combat with the million pet classes that are around these days.

9th - Demon Armor
    Agreed. There is no point in using demon armor anymore. They should probably change it like they changed moonkin form and make it a 10% damage reduction instead of armor increase.

10th - Death Coil
    Doesn't really need to heal at all if you ask me, you usually use it for other purposes than its healing, like gaining momentum on the CC or escaping a melee like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by trakker View Post
    Hey i started this topic on the official Eu wow forum, but i really would like to read the opinion of larger group of people, so i am re-posting the thread here as well.
    Original post ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1656932?page=1 )

2nd - Sacrifice - Improve Voidwalker shield from Sacrifice to 20-30k OR keep it 10k but lower its cooldown to aprox 15-20 sec ( down from 1 minute )

3rd - Fel armor - currently heals for 6% of any single target damage we deal ( wich is a joke in PvP environment ). Increase to 15% would really feel much more confortable.

4th - Soulburn - Demo / Destro need to cast to become viable in PvP. There is probably no way that dev's can make us immune to silence/interupts as this would be way too OP. But using soulburn and wasting a shard on giving us the chance of casting while moving for a small duration of 10sec might just make the difference. ( SOulburn + Incenirate/Shadowbolt )

6th - Demonic Portal - Keep the same CD but make it remove movement imparing effects when used. (Similar to mage's blink)

7th - Immolate - Adding some sort of dispell protection can unlock destruction as a PvP tree again.

8th - Soul Harvest - Allow us to use this spell in combat. It has long channeling duration so it wont help in PvE but will greatly help us survive in PvP (also used as a soulshard regeneration tool )

9th - Demon Armor - Demon Armor armor bonus should be increased to reasonable amount for example providing 4-5k more armor so it actually makes a difference when u switch it. ( Kerber from Anachronos )

10th - Death Coil - Currently that ability is only used as either quick interrupt or as "escape the melee" button. So it is good as it is, however the amount healed does not put it as "Save me im dyeing" button. I suggest the amount healed ( currently around 3-4k gets at least tripled. ( 12 - 15k )

If you can think of more but REASONABLE ways to improve our pvp performance please share.

P.S: Please be sure suggested changes do not affect our PvE dmg making us imbalanced.
    Thanks.
    First I'd like to point out that the affliction spec in the game is currently very glad viable in many comps and is borderline too good in some setups. So any changes you want to make should NOT affect affliction in a good way.

1: No, they are allready extremely hard to kill exept for when trained by frost dk + another melee. That however is the case for every other class since Frost dk's are so beyond faceroll they even challange s5 dk's..almost.

2: Kinda agree, since voidwalker is useless as it is now in pvp.

3: This would affect pve too much so no. Also, they nerfed your self healing for a reason. I think what they need to do is continuing to nerf the self healing of all non-hybrids, and buff the hybrid healing slightly.

4: This one I actually like

5: Never going to happen. We don't need more instant cc's.

6: Hell no. Portal coupled with your extremely high dmg migation is allready all to good. Mage only removes roots, not slows.

7: Agree. It needs something.

8: You don't need more survival cd's in pvpv with fear, coil, 20% extra dmg migation, 20% more healing taken and a portal on almost non existant cd:P You're not supposed to be immune to losing

9: hmm...I dunno what to think.

10: I could agree with doubeling it, not trippeling

Only destro and demo suffer in pvp. Affliction however is in a great state. Therefore the class itself need no buffs, but the other "specs" do.

All warlock really need atm is that blizzard fix the interrupt madness and get rid of every "slow casting" debuff
    Playing a game as a spectator is fun yo.

Deleted
    Okay before I actually start replying... This isn't a serious thread, right? It's someone trolling pretending warlocks need more utility/buffs when in fact they are dominating in arena, correct? Either way, I'll reply in a serious manner, taking the chance of looking like the fool if this is, hopefully, the troll I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by trakker View Post

Soul link is fine, the damage warlocks take isn't over the roof and they already have tons of ways to survive/kite/get away. Warlock survivability is fine (read: above average when compared to certain other specs/classes).

Void walker's shield has been next to useless since TBC because warlocks simply do not need it. 90% of the time (at least in an arena situation which is EXCLUSIVELY what I'm talking about in this reply, before I get ganged up by BGers saying lol u mad?) you're just better off keeping your felhunter anyway, can probably cut out more than 10k, or even 30k damage by CSing anything but a warrior anyway - yada yada CS on CD, just feldom another one like you'd do if you were to summon a voidwalker and wow, is CS off CD again?! Use it.

As I said before, warlock self-healing is okay, and your survivability is just fine in high rated arena, or even in low rated arena if you know how to play, so you REALLY don't need that. It's not about being more comfortable, it's about being balanced. I'd also be more comfortable on my ret paladin if my wings and freedom were undispellable and I got a talent that would give me 50% more passive damage, but you know, it wouldn't be right, would it?

What's the cooldown on soulburn? 45 seconds, isn't it? Casting while moving and hitting like a motherfucking truck (because that's what destro already does and would keep on doing if it became viable again) is really not what arena as a whole needs right now, honest to God. For 10 seconds? Make it last for 1 spell and 1 spell alone and I wouldn't care, but 10 seconds? Shaman's spiritwalker's grace lasts 15 seconds and is on a 2 minute cooldown. :|

Fear becoming instant every 45 seconds means that, basically, every FULL (read: the first fear you land prior to DR being applied) fear you land on say, a healer, is instant. Does that sound balanced? It'd be like giving warlocks deep ring rofl, if you follow it with a second casted fear or a deathcoil, except you wouldn't even have to aim to hit the ring ontop of the player, you'd just press 2 buttons whenever you're in range and in LoS.

Portal is a stupid spell to begin with, in my opinion, because it's just dumb in dalaran/BEM arena and a life-saver in any other situation/place. It's like a retard-proof button, oh man I overextended because I'm a fucking shit player and now am going to die because I got caught in the middle of the arena!!, just kidding, I'll just port behind the pillar RIGHT next to my healer buying me 5-15 seconds of taking 0 direct damage. Derp. Making it remove slows etc is pointless, because no one in their right mind puts a portal down and uses it if that means he can get instantly caught again.

I don't really have anything against this one other than the fact destro was a ridiculous spec during WotLK and I'd be glad if I never saw it working in PvP again. But that's biased, so don't take me seriously.

This one probably takes the cake as far as idiocy goes. Did you see how much that shit ticks for? You do realise you can, for example, jump down on Blade's Edge, have melee follow you, then portal back up and get back up to full just by pressing ONE spell that on top of everything, even gives you shards, right? And you do understand that you can just fake a warrior's pummel and then hardcast a soul harvest and heal to full, virtually, before his pummel is back off cooldown even taking into account pushbacks and shit, yes?

I don't... I don't know what else to say, can't really argue with something this... Well, you know.

Warlocks don't need more survivability. Read above.

Read my reply to suggestion number 9.
    I hope I've made myself clear, took me a while to write this so there might be a couple of idiotic statements caused by loss of interest after replying to the first suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    All warlock really need atm is that blizzard fix the interrupt madness and get rid of every "slow casting" debuff
    Playing a game as a spectator is fun yo.
    Yeah man poor warlocks, they have to cast 1 UA the whole game then just refresh it with felflame and then throw around corruption and curse of agony/tongues while soulswapping to every single person in the enemy team. Oh, I'm sorry, you have to cast haunt, I almost forgot. Poor poor warlocks, they get interrupted all the time and can't get casts off because of mindnumbling/curse of tongues (which, funnily enough, is a warlock spell which fucks up every healer in the game).
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-05-28 at 12:21 PM.

Yeah man poor warlocks, they have to cast 1 UA the whole game then just refresh it with felflame and then throw around corruption and curse of agony/tongues while soulswapping to every single person in the enemy team. Oh, I'm sorry, you have to cast haunt, I almost forgot. Poor poor warlocks, they get interrupted all the time and can't get casts off because of mindnumbling/curse of tongues (which, funnily enough, is a warlock spell which fucks up every healer in the game).
    Are you for real ?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Yeah man poor warlocks, they have to cast 1 UA the whole game then just refresh it with felflame
    People actually use that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Warlocks have a way higher skillcap then most classes right now.
    uhm..... Subt Rogues?

What im thinking now is that not Warlocks lack the power to kill someone , but Warriors and Dk's in particular are too OP and it makes all warlocks QQ...

dunno , just my 2 cents.

I see ppl here saying that warlocks are gladiator viable so we should stfu. The problem here is not that warlocks aren't gladiator viable, but the fact that as a class we have the highest skill cap in PvP atm and we give a lot more to achieve what other classes can get by giving a lot less. Ppl will say that RLS and WMD and maybe with a good shadowcleave you can faceroll 3v3. That is correct but the problem here is that when you are playing one of those combos you feel like you are being carried by your partners, and I dont mean that your partners are actually playing better than you but they are actually doing more dmg and putting more pressure than you. Warlocks are currently major fear-bots in 3v3 with a main purpose to apply pressure on the enemy team by fearing and spell locking. Warlocks can get gladiator if they are played correct, but to me they feel boring and broken. As a player I am no where near gladiator but I ve played at high ratings (2.2-2.3k)before and warlock has been my class for 5.5 years now and they definitely need some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    I see ppl here saying that warlocks are gladiator viable so we should stfu. The problem here is not that warlocks aren't gladiator viable, but the fact that as a class we have the highest skill cap in PvP atm and we give a lot more to achieve what other classes can get by giving a lot less. Ppl will say that RLS and WMD and maybe with a good shadowcleave you can faceroll 3v3. That is correct but the problem here is that when you are playing one of those combos you feel like you are being carried by your partners, and I dont mean that your partners are actually playing better than you but they are actually doing more dmg and putting more pressure than you. Warlocks are currently major fear-bots in 3v3 with a main purpose to apply pressure on the enemy team by fearing and spell locking. Warlocks can get gladiator if they are played correct, but to me they feel boring and broken. As a player I am no where near gladiator but I ve played at high ratings (2.2-2.3k)before and warlock has been my class for 5.5 years now and they definitely need some changes.
    HAHAHAHAHA. Do you people really think locks are anywhere near the highest skill cap right now? I mean really? Soulswap took care of a lot of any skill cap affliction ever had. Aff locks are currently the third best class in arena, right behind frost dks and resto shamans. I'm thinking this thread was a troll thread, hoping anyways. If anything, locks should be getting normalized such as increasing dot damage and removing soul swap from the game period. I've played three classes this season and found the lock to be the easiest of the three (2050 in less than 80 games ever played on a lock and I quit due to not liking the playstyle.) Yeah, it sucks to get shit on by a melee train, but no class in the game right now avoids that with mages getting temporary reprieves occasionally through blink.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just merge Demon and Fel armors.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.