Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    like someone said earlier, any beneficial changes to warlocks need to be directed to demo and destro. Aff is in a good place right now and doesn't need anything major that would make them ridiculous. Fel flame is a stupid and worthless spell (as far as pvp goes), but it could be made useful for demo and destro if it were buffed through talents. I say increase its damage and make it put a short dot that stacks up to three times on the target. This would help keep immolate from being easily dispelled and help demo and destro to get off some meaningful dps on the move. Having to stop and cast to do any meaningfull damage in meleecraft is a nono.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyseas View Post
    I see ppl here saying that warlocks are gladiator viable so we should stfu. The problem here is not that warlocks aren't gladiator viable, but the fact that as a class we have the highest skill cap in PvP atm and we give a lot more to achieve what other classes can get by giving a lot less. Ppl will say that RLS and WMD and maybe with a good shadowcleave you can faceroll 3v3. That is correct but the problem here is that when you are playing one of those combos you feel like you are being carried by your partners, and I dont mean that your partners are actually playing better than you but they are actually doing more dmg and putting more pressure than you. Warlocks are currently major fear-bots in 3v3 with a main purpose to apply pressure on the enemy team by fearing and spell locking. Warlocks can get gladiator if they are played correct, but to me they feel boring and broken. As a player I am no where near gladiator but I ve played at high ratings (2.2-2.3k)before and warlock has been my class for 5.5 years now and they definitely need some changes.
    No they don't. Or they do - nerfs.

Affliction's skillcap's not even that high, the only thing that distinguished a REALLY good warlock from a shit warlock BEFORE Cataclysm was pet control. Now you don't even need to fucking manage your pet, for God's sake. Derp derp pet went in to CS and die, np 50 feldom's per minute. Really? Now warlock is down to hitting spell locks, fearing and soulswaping.

You can't be serious. I played TSG at 2500 MMR on ATR yesterday and we faced this RLS, yeah? What did we train, or at least try to? Warlock. Match ends, who topped damage? LO AND BEHOLD - Warlock. He casted 1 UA the whole game then just swapped and kept them up with felflame dealing unhealable damage and randomly dotting everything with instants. He didn't land 1 fear on me, I didn't get 1 CS, but we eventually died because a) he had a resto shaman healing him, b) portal is a ridiculous spell and c) he doesn't fucking need to cast to do enough damage to overtake a warrior AND a FROST DK. We didn't even play defensive, we were full on unleashing on him for like 5 minutes and not only did we not kill him, we go outdamaged. Hardly seems fair considering we switched off like once to the shaman simply because we couldn't handle the lock free. Warlocks are NEVER carried, no matter what setup they play, they always pull their weight damage and control-wise, even when playing with a frost DK. They're actually stronger than mages, believe it or not (considering how much I write about mages, that is), due to not only their ridiculous damage and survivability, but also their insane synergy with resto shamans and... Well, basicly any other class and spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamygandof View Post
    Fel flame is a stupid and worthless spell (as far as pvp goes) (...)
    Excuse me, but... Eh? I haven't played warlock in months but 6 additional seconds on UA just by pressing some shitty little spell that even does damage sounds pretty fucking good in arena to me. At least when you're getting trained and can't free cast like a retard. Melee cleave on you? DW m8s, get 1 UA up after portal/after faking interrupts and then just refresh it for an hour with felflame while throwing instant dots around and soulswapping.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2011-05-29 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Excuse me, but... Eh? I haven't played warlock in months but 6 additional seconds on UA just by pressing some shitty little spell that even does damage sounds pretty fucking good in arena to me. At least when you're getting trained and can't free cast like a retard. Melee cleave on you? DW m8s, get 1 UA up after portal/after faking interrupts and then just refresh it for an hour with felflame while throwing instant dots around and soulswapping.
    good luck keeping it up for 1h when arena only lasts 45 min and healers instantly dispell it. Even with the ua buff it gets instantly dispelled bcs the dmg is still way to low ( after the "fix" that is).

Deleted
    Oh, I'm sorry friend, I didn't mean to break your brain with my 1 hour exaggeration. Anyway, good luck dispelling UA as anything but a resto shaman. Dispelling it situationally, yeah, sure, but every time? Yeah, sure, try to do that as a paladin versus ANY comp with a warlock, by the time you're done not being silenced either a) you're gona lose healing uptime on your partner that they're focusing and he'll eventually die because of it or b) you're going to lose even MORE healing uptime on your partner they're focusing because you took ate 30k damage and have to heal yourself to prevent a switch. Not everyone is a resto shaman.

Locks are just fearbots for high level arena teams. How does this make the class fun and exciting ? It doesn't. Actually warlocks are quite boring to play and we need some spicing up even if it means changing fear somehow, since that's all we seem to be good for and what blizzard balances us around. I'll say it myself, "locks are boring as fuck right now". Been playing for 3-4 years on my lock.

Op I like your ideas.

Deleted
    I honestly don't understand why you and other people say warlocks are just fear bots in high end arena. Because they aren't. But I guess it's a whole 'nother experience depending what you mean by "high level" arena.

Good ideas OP. But locks have been crying a lot for being the worst class in pvp since Cata. Blizz answered by nerfing more..

Deleted
    Sorry but this just screams for "im bad, buff me more because i wanna steam roll and thinking is too hard for my class to actually succed right."