10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Well we can cross fingers that they will surprise us again, but we will see.
    I'm one of them. I really like the game, I like how theorycrafting heavy it is, I like the stories, I like the creepy atmosphere. I do not mind the voice acting or lip syncing because the story is just too entertaining. I like how immersive the game is. I like that it's open to mods.

What I dont like is the fact because it is theory crafting heavy, it encourages elitism. There are lots of people that have not run dungeons (plenty of dps!) or dont quite understand stuff, have some patience people!

The rest is manageable.

Raiding, since there is little information, I'm going to have to take a shot at guessing it'll be pretty involved like the Nightmare modes. Normal > Elite > Nightmare. You have to have purges, dispells, in these modes. So it'll take coordination to run them.

I do hope they continue with this concept of adding missions and stories to the game, like a comic book. Just a bit at time like that will keep me entertained.

edit: Btw - Raiding in Rift is not that casual friendly. You have to run previous teirs to be geared to run current teirs, or run a heck of a lot of hardmode or master mode dungeons. I decided not to raid after finding out the time to be ID current after leveling up about a month ago. Pass. This isn't a bad thing, just not a way I choose to use my time. That said, I think Rift has done a great job allowing people to find different modes/ways to play the game.
    Last edited by Kiry; 2012-07-24 at 09:44 PM.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I do not mind the voice acting
    What do you mean?

http://imgur.com/Mxwwy

Love this game still after 200 hours gameplay and im not even close to completed all missions. I did clear some nightmare dungeons, and i just keep waiting for the lockout timer to go away!

Deleted
    Who cares for raids anyway? Have you seen pvp? It is utterly broken. It's not even fun to pvp. The big thing doesnt work out because the faction with the most people there always keeps most if not even all objects. Now here's some causality for you guys. Pvp object bring buffs (dmg, xp, that stuff). The more objects the highter the numbers. Now consider faction balance in a 3 faction based game where 1 faction always rules em all. Think about rerollers and which faction they might pick ...yeah.

Oh and the second and most crazy and depressing thing about pvp (which made me quit pvp and declare pvp as non existend in TSW) is balance, or better: the idea of putting QL1 and QL10 in the same warzone. Are you kidding me? There are no lvls ...there is no such thing as brackets. There's me, the newbie who got hit by a 5k Thors hammer crit which resulted in instant death. Every time I read the hint that says "PvP is tons of fun ..." I wanna shove something up someone's ass i.e. someone who works at FC. Ragnar, your PvP sucks.

The PvP was better when they flattened everyone out to the same level and stats, but then synergies and shit didn't work at all. Yeah, it's kind of lame that everyone shares the same warzones, but any other game that you go into PvP undergeared will turn out the same way. The PvP in TSW isn't as bad as it's made out to be, you just have to have gear and have a good build.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope TSW's raids are awesome and can draw more people into the fold. I'm not much of a raider, it bores the crap out of me tbh, but I can see why other people enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    ...money spewing moster (with fake pink bunny ears)
    If I spewed money I'd totally share.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I hope TSW's raids are awesome and can draw more people into the fold. I'm not much of a raider, it bores the crap out of me tbh, but I can see why other people enjoy it.

I'm sure they will be well done. Their dungeons are pretty good and look great. Plus AoC has some great raids as well and that is the same company.

Personally I will stay away from them, I've been tired of that type of gameplay for a long while now.

well, i got this game but it really didnt clicked for me, played it for like 2 days and thats about it, back to my LoL /WoT
    I dont even know whats wrong about it, basicaly i guess its not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by hornedmordor View Post
    well, i got this game but it really didnt clicked for me, played it for like 2 days and thats about it, back to my LoL /WoT
    I dont even know whats wrong about it, basicaly i guess its not my cup of tea.
    How many hours did you put in? How far in the content did you get? Just asking out of curiousity. Keeping track of who doesn't like it and how much time they put in and what they got accomplished.

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/...Sarah-Kerrigan

Can I get a bit of help? I'm kind of bad at this whole, "Build your own char!" Can anyone give me a few suggestions in the event I missed anything? Is there any other passives or abilities I should grab for leech support dps? At the moment I'm just dumping points into fist out of... nervousness (and to grab that monk deck). Probably missed out on 30-40 AP before I noticed and my friend confirmed there was a cap. I've got about 30 SP to dump into AR healing, but I wanted to make sure I didn't need to grab another weapon before I committed to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/...Sarah-Kerrigan

Can I get a bit of help? I'm kind of bad at this whole, "Build your own char!" Can anyone give me a few suggestions in the event I missed anything? Is there any other passives or abilities I should grab for leech support dps? At the moment I'm just dumping points into fist out of... nervousness (and to grab that monk deck). Probably missed out on 30-40 AP before I noticed and my friend confirmed there was a cap. I've got about 30 SP to dump into AR healing, but I wanted to make sure I didn't need to grab another weapon before I committed to that.
    You aren't using a second weapon. A big part of TSW's combat is figuring out how to use two weapons together. If you're looking to have a leech support build, you can really using anything as your second weapon. If you're looking to go straight healing, you'll want to go with Fists or Blood Magic as your second weapon. Having two finishers will drastically improve your combat effectiveness. Picking the right passives to complement your actives is just as important. Using the search function in the ability interface will help you a lot too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sadly trying "different" things doesn't pull in as big an audience : (
    who needs a big audience as long as the game is good and the subscriber base is solid. See Eve for reference. Although they already hit the 500K subs mark. It's getting less and less niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    who needs a big audience as long as the game is good and the subscriber base is solid. See Eve for reference. Although they already hit the 500K subs mark. It's getting less and less niche.
    You do when you want to increase profits and bring stock prices up.

Source on the 500k sub mark? They had 500k beta registrations, but I haven't seen any official numbers come out since launch.

I picked this game up a couple days ago and after a few false starts am having a blast. My only complaint is that - like seemingly all MMOs - the graphics are terribly optimized and I(and many others, judging by the crying in general chat in Kingsmouth) get terrible FPS regardless of what my settings are. I literally get the same FPS regardless of what my settings are, and it's terrible(10-15 in Kingsmouth, a slide show in Argatha).
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-07-26 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I picked this game up a couple days ago and after a few false starts am having a blast. My only complaint is that - like seemingly all MMOs - the graphics are terribly optimized and I(and many others, judging by the crying in general chat in Kingsmouth) get terrible FPS regardless of what my settings are. I literally get the same FPS regardless of what my settings are, and it's terrible(10-15 in Kingsmouth, a slide show in Argatha).
    Go into your advanced video settings and turn things like view distance, world detail, and lighting detail down to 0. The game looks and plays fantastic if you've got the right card for it.

I would love a friend invite if anyone has one, Thank you

Deleted
    minor spoiler ahead: oh, my, god!! just played the end tier of the first story arc "dawning of an endless" night... that area was like a strange drugtrip... that was incredible! The writer is a genius. Also the Amundsen voiceovers reading diary entries in Norwegian language totally drew me in. Immersion 100/100
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-07-26 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    minor spoiler ahead: oh, my, god!! just played the end tier of the first story arc "dawning of an endless" night... that area was like a strange drugtrip... that was incredible! The writer is a genius. Also the Amundsen voiceovers reading diary entries in Norwegian language totally drew me in. Immersion 100/100
    Use [spoiler ][ /spoiler] tags to black out spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technical question: Would installing this game to a SSD increase general performance? Obviously it's not going to result in an FPS boost, but there seems to be a lot of texture loading going on as one goes about the world, so it seems like a SSD would improve that.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Technical question: Would installing this game to a SSD increase general performance? Obviously it's not going to result in an FPS boost, but there seems to be a lot of texture loading going on as one goes about the world, so it seems like a SSD would improve that.
    I think it would. I get lots of lag from texture loading. I can reduce the texture quality and the lag disappears... but then it doesn't look as good