Since tier 5 of Halls of Lost Records is apparently bugged, does anyone have a workaround to complete the tier?

I haven't been here in awhile. Glad to see the thread doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    errm... sorry but my buddy key has already been used.

Why not joining the free trial Celebration weekend, starting this friday?

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/c...e_secret_world

I'm sure you'll like it, I'm in since pre-release and loved every minute so far
    Exactlly what I've been waiting for for this games thank you!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared Polaris with QL0.

You can touch me.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Agreed, but the secret world QL system really plays up to this metality, seeing as how QL and gear is the only way to define a characters level its kinda rough. haha
    I can't argue with that. Plus the fact that it's a "hard" game fans those elitist flames too.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Cleared Polaris with QL0.

You can touch me.
    I tanked it at mostly QL1 and it was rough dude. I'm not sure I wanna touch you, I might get awesome all over me.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=50629

So we finally got some word on the PVP front. I don't know how many of you have jumped into PVP much, but it's...pretty rough. As someone whose idea of "endgame" is essentially exclusive to melting other player's faces, this gives me hope. Like the dev team, I think that the foundation is there for TSW to be an amazing PVP game, but it just isn't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=50629

So we finally got some word on the PVP front. I don't know how many of you have jumped into PVP much, but it's...pretty rough. As someone whose idea of "endgame" is essentially exclusive to melting other player's faces, this gives me hope. Like the dev team, I think that the foundation is there for TSW to be an amazing PVP game, but it just isn't there yet.
    Yeah. The combat is very similar to GW1 I would say and PvP in GW1 is great, but there is something in the TSW version that throws it off, maybe the abilities are not pronounced enough or I don't know ... fingers crossed Funcom can make it better. Anyway subscribed today ... thumb up for Funcom.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    No ETA, no details....well I guess the game will tighten its grip around the title as the first PvE only MMO I am cynistic, I know ...but come on. That's not pvp at all right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    No ETA, no details....well I guess the game will tighten its grip around the title as the first PvE only MMO I am cynistic, I know ...but come on. That's not pvp at all right now.
    Except there are tons of MMO's that have come before it that were/are PvE only...

Doesn't the game have PvP though? I mean, I know it's not heavily supported by the developers, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Except there are tons of MMO's that have come before it that were/are PvE only...

Doesn't the game have PvP though? I mean, I know it's not heavily supported by the developers, but it's there.
    It's there, but it's a one-shot fest. They're looking at it closely (Bruusgard loves PvP) and trying to figure out how to make PvP balanced for everyone, regardless of gear. Fusang isn't bad, but the bgs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    It's there, but it's a one-shot fest. They're looking at it closely (Bruusgard loves PvP) and trying to figure out how to make PvP balanced for everyone, regardless of gear. Fusang isn't bad, but the bgs are.
    : /

Hopefully they can turn it around, but I'd be surprised if it became a focus for them. It's like PvP in WoW/SWTOR/Rift ect. It's there, and they support it a bit, but it's definitely not a primary focus for the development team.

Kinda sad too, considering PvP is a great time-sink (which P2P MMOs need) when it's done right. The TSW team is passionate about their game though, so I'm not ready to write it off just yet. Next month, maybe

Deleted

Hopefully they can turn it around, but I'd be surprised if it became a focus for them. It's like PvP in WoW/SWTOR/Rift ect. It's there, and they support it a bit, but it's definitely not a primary focus for the development team.
    I personally don't really see the attraction of PVP in such a game. You go through all this PVE content, in order to PVP. There must be games that are similar in playstyle as these MMO's that are PVP only no? (I might be hugely mistaken on this).

Something like a MOBA, but then in an arena and not topdown view?

Of course this is just my opinion. I personally always hate it when PVE things are changed for the sake of PVP as I don't care for PVP in mmo's at all, but I know my opinion is just an opinion, and would be happy to hear from the people that like PVP why they want to have it in a 'PVE game'. Just as a distraction?

Don't take these comments in a bad way, I'm honestly interested.

Deleted
    Y'ello, will play the celebration free weekend-thingy tommorow and been checking out the webside about locations/monsters etc.
    But there is a few question which answers i cannot find on the webside, so if any kind soul would be able to answer them for me i would be highly thankful!

Question number 1. How do the instances/raids/"Harder content" look in TSW? I am going to play with a friend tommorow and the main thing we want to do is do "detective quests" pretty much alone..

Which leads to question number 2. Are there instanced areas with quests, like dungeons in wow but with more detective thingies than combat? Or are all the dungeon content solely killing mobs and bosses..

question number 3. ... and how well thought out are the bosses? Do you need certain "classes" or can you do with any lineup?

And the last question: How is the combat? I heard it felt very clunky, non-impactful and slow on the beta, is it fixed now? From what i've read, this game seems amazing but a bad combat system might ruin it completely.

Extra question: How much of the game is based on the H.P. Lovecraft universe?

Thanks in advance!
    // Kessos

DAMNIT! Need to start re-downloading this (because apparently my beta client updated to the "test server" client and not the live one) for this weekend! This throws off ALL my plans, was going to try and finish Saints Row 3 : (

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Y'ello, will play the celebration free weekend-thingy tommorow and been checking out the webside about locations/monsters etc.
    But there is a few question which answers i cannot find on the webside, so if any kind soul would be able to answer them for me i would be highly thankful!

Question number 1. How do the instances/raids/"Harder content" look in TSW? I am going to play with a friend tommorow and the main thing we want to do is do "detective quests" pretty much alone..

Which leads to question number 2. Are there instanced areas with quests, like dungeons in wow but with more detective thingies than combat? Or are all the dungeon content solely killing mobs and bosses..

question number 3. ... and how well thought out are the bosses? Do you need certain "classes" or can you do with any lineup?

And the last question: How is the combat? I heard it felt very clunky, non-impactful and slow on the beta, is it fixed now? From what i've read, this game seems amazing but a bad combat system might ruin it completely.

Extra question: How much of the game is based on the H.P. Lovecraft universe?

Thanks in advance!
    // Kessos
    1. The dungeons are very well done. Very little trash, good flow to the action. The investigation quests are pretty engrossing if that's your kind of thing. The dungeons and investigation missions don't really overlap. The dungeons don't suffer from the lack of those missions, though. There will be times when you're doing investigation missions that aren't instanced when other players can and will interfere (not always maliciously), and it's going to be frustrating.

2. There are instanced missions, most of them solo. It sort of breaks the quest flow, especially when they're in the middle of a mission set. Some of them can be quite challenging, especially if your gear and/or deck aren't up to snuff. Like I said, most of the dungeons are just about killing mobs, but that doesn't take away from the experience.

3. The earlier dungeon bosses aren't extremely hard, but they're there to teach you the basics. Some of the later dungeons are painful to learn, but still enjoyable to tackle. You'll be moving a lot and watching your feet. At CryGaia.com, we've got videos from our livestreams of a good bit of the dungeons, but you may want to be surprised when you go in (I prefer it that way).

As far as Lovecraft, that's pretty much limited to Solomon Island. Egypt and Romania have their own settings. Egypt was amazing imo.

Edit: Yessss they fixed the Blaze bug in an internal build. No more one-shots! (at least from Blaze -_-)
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-02 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post

Yes the pvp is tough. Partly because you have to build your toon from the ground up. You can have 1900HP or 15k HP it is completely determined by how you build.

I recommend 6k HP minimum HP as a guideline. No one will one shot you with 6k HP and you will have time to react. Give it a shot (no pun intended) It will solve a lot of you problems.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-08-02 at 09:52 PM.

I run around with 8-9k in my tank setup. I wear a healer uniform just to draw attention lol

PVP is fine once you put on a bare minimum of 4-5k HP... though north of 6 is where you wanna be, IMO.

But PVP does have some issues... mainly: The fact that there are 500+ abilities in the game. Many of which have nearly indiscernible animations/graphics. So you never really know WTF is happening to you. A few key abilities have very obviously and unique animations... but many do not. Assault Rifles, for example.... have bullets whizzing towards you for most of the animations. Sure, some bullets look slightly different, depending on the ability, but still... it's almost impossible to tell what you're being shot with in the middle of combat.

And if you don't know what abilities are being used on you... how can you counteract them? In WOW PVP is a lot like a game of chess.... I move A, he moves to B, so I move to C, but if he moves to D instead, then I move to F, etc.... it's very back-and-forth in that sense. Action -> response -> action -> countermove -> etc. The Secret World doesn't have this, and it makes the PVP game a bit more zergy and confusing -- and ultimately a bit mindless.