Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    so what is 10.4...? So I'm assuming Q10 gear is not normilized after nightmare meaning rift it is for me.
    The epics are 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, then 10.4. There really isn't much difference between each tier, but the effects on some of the talismans get better with each partial QL. I'm not really sure how it compares to Rift, I didn't play long since it bored me to tears. Just not a fan of fantasy.

Edit: Half price on Amazon now.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-17 at 11:10 PM.

The epics are 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, then 10.4. There really isn't much difference between each tier, but the effects on some of the talismans get better with each partial QL. I'm not really sure how it compares to Rift, I didn't play long since it bored me to tears. Just not a fan of fantasy.
    If its small its pointless to even have an increase in the first place imo. I'm very picky on vertical progressions.

There is more to do in rift now than there was at launch. It's perfect for me since im casual because of work.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If its small its pointless to even have an increase in the first place imo. I'm very picky on vertical progressions.

There is more to do in rift now than there was at launch. It's perfect for me since im casual because of work.
    Yeah but if the QL was the same people would complain. Players like to feel like they're getting stronger after completing harder content.

Deleted
    Amazon - only for US
    god dammit >:c

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Amazon - only for US
    god dammit >:c
    Aw that's lame. I hate when they do that.

Deleted
    Have a few problems.
    Playing the trial with a friend atm(made a trial account just to play with friends)
    and i have encountered two "problems".
    Both is about graphics:
    1. When he is healing me(or heal myself) i see the "particle effects" as orange hexagons, is this the correct animation? It feels kind of overwhelming and "placeholder".

2. Before the latest patch(yesterday) i crashed sometimes. Now after the patch i don't crash but sometime the graphics bug. For example the fog around Kingsmouth turned into a black square, myself on the map/minimap to a white square etc. Is there any solution to these things and you anyone know why they are happening?

The second thing only happened once but the first one is what i have seen during my entire playing.

1. When he is healing me(or heal myself) i see the "particle effects" as orange hexagons, is this the correct animation? It feels kind of overwhelming and "placeholder".

2. Before the latest patch(yesterday) i crashed sometimes. Now after the patch i don't crash but sometime the graphics bug. For example the fog around Kingsmouth turned into a black square, myself on the map/minimap to a white square etc. Is there any solution to these things and you anyone know why they are happening?

The second thing only happened once but the first one is what i have seen during my entire playing.

1) The hexagons are correct. The hexagons are actually a consistent theme throughout the game. They represent the hexagons in beehives. Yes, bees are a big deal to the gameworld.

2) Never seen or heard of that kind of graphical bug, sorry.

Deleted
    Thanks! Never thought of it that way, know the bees are a big part :3 The buzzing and all that, thought i don't know what they actually do yet, other than that i got one in my head in the beginning(from where i got the powers)

Edit: Another problem i just noticed, the first time i should log in on my characters that day, i don't see them. It just say the name, location, faction and in the background all is just dark purple :c
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2012-08-18 at 05:45 PM.

Edit: Another problem i just noticed, the first time i should log in on my characters that day, i don't see them. It just say the name, location, faction and in the background all is just dark purple :c
    I have a slow harddrive and sometimes my character loading screen is very slow the first time I start up my computer. Sometimes it even takes 30 seconds even. Usually if I wait, it eventually comes onto the screen. Doesn't bother me much, because I always play the same character and it doesn't prevent me from starting playing.

Deleted
    Just finished Hell and Bach. Excuse me whilst I come down off the urge to lob my monitor out of the window. Doing the first ritual was fine, but the second and third just made me "Grrrr". I spent about an hour on it because looking up a guide (even though figuring it out per say wasn't difficult, just time consuming) felt like defeatism.

The note to look up the YouTube video was a nice touch though.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Just finished Hell and Bach. Excuse me whilst I come down off the urge to lob my monitor out of the window. Doing the first ritual was fine, but the second and third just made me "Grrrr". I spent about an hour on it because looking up a guide (even though figuring it out per say wasn't difficult, just time consuming) felt like defeatism.
    I thought the second and third rituals is what made the mission good. The first one was pretty rote, but the added difficulty of the next two made the mission fun. Like you said, probably more time consuming than difficult, but I'm not happy with an investigation if it takes less than an hour.

Now that bit? That was pure awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post

Oh please, I LOVED that Mission! I did it sans Guide, too, and it was ~2.5 hours of fun.

Maybe I'm sadistic, but I love figuring that sort of stuff out!
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-08-20 at 09:04 AM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    Note to look up youtube D: ?
    I never saw that

Hell and Bach is awesome <3 Had really fun doing it except that the first rune thing bugged out so i had to enter the same rune combination 7 times for it to work, heard it's a quite common bug tho.

I can't find any way to block out spoilers, so...

If you check out cheat guids (like the Unfair guide) you'll find out how youtube figures into it. Just skip to the end of the guide and look at the picture.

Deleted
    Ah! Never remember reading that, must have missed it. Thanks

This is a reason i love this game, it have this feeling that it is "much more" than other mmorpg games, it's amazing how "realistic" they made it.
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2012-08-20 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Oh please, I LOVED that Mission! I did it sans Guide, too, and it was ~2.5 hours of fun.

Maybe I'm sadistic, but I love figuring that sort of stuff out!
    It was fun the first time, then I grit my teeth when it came to having to randomly guess which symbol not given in the book was the correct one. It was nifty having to write down and draw your own little dictionary of runes, but it did take some serious patience that I lacked.

Just had an utterly dreadful Hell PuG. We got to the Foundry boss and the warning signs should have been going off the first time we wiped because people refused to move out of the (literal) fire. We hit the final boss, the DPS wiped - again - on the fire due to their inability to follow basic instructions. It meant me and the tank had to try and down him from 20k with me only being able to fire Anima Shots and him... well, slashy-tanky it. Wiped due to the sake of time, repeated it, all the DPS bar one died again. Oh and the most useless one DC'ed half way through.

Ugh.

Would really love to try this game. Any word on a free weekend or if anyone has a spare friend key, that would also be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Entreric View Post
    Would really love to try this game. Any word on a free weekend or if anyone has a spare friend key, that would also be appreciated.
    they have a free trial now. check their website!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

the secret world help

Hello i've been trying to find which server is right to start playing but i theres 2 problems

Where do i find my latency/ping ??
    and where do i find my FPS framerates ????

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Hello i've been trying to find which server is right to start playing but i theres 2 problems

Where do i find my latency/ping ??
    and where do i find my FPS framerates ????
    I'm not 100% sure of server physical locations, but if that won't affect your latency, you can play on any server and it won't affect who you can play with.

As for showing latency and framerates:
    Code:
    /option latency_window true

The GC presentation videos:
    1. part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aTtT...9&feature=plcp

2. part:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJXd...8&feature=plcp
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-21 at 10:02 PM.