How do I make a trial account? It says on the "Play the trial now!" page -

Just sign up for the trial on www.thesecretworld.com and fill in your information on the lower right side of the page.

Check it out for FREE now!
    But there's nowhere to make the trial account. T_T

Saw it at the number 5 spot on Steam, seems like there's been some quick interest : )

Buying it when I go home as well, so yay!

Testing out reticule combat right now.

I swear to god if I still have to click with this new cursor I'm going to be peeved.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 01:40 AM ----------

ok good I don't.

I loved TERA healing. I think I'll love healing in tsw now.

Unless something weird is going with assault rifle. I still don't understand how AR healing works with reticule combat. Am I forced to keybind party members party frames? Or do I just scroll over their name with the target then back to the foe?

10+ Year Old Account
    This may now be my favourite game of the year. Although, that solo instance below the mining museum was a pain because dodge-roll is defaulted to either shift or double tap a direction, and them trip wires... them trip wires...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Showing us that you don't have to have ridiculous restrictions in a F2P MMO. Maybe someone should go tell SWTOR. It's definitely better to have subscribers have extra stuff, instead of taking away stuff from and restricting free 2 play players.

Deleted
    I really like their b2p model, impressive really. Im currently rather playing other games and got limited gametime but if I ever get a little extra I will get this one... or if it's extremely cheap on some steam sale :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I played it for a while at release, and now that it's b2p, i'll most definitely play it again, one of the better MMO's I've played. I feel sorry for the people who bought a lifetime sub though, do they get a refund?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Hm hm hm. Between GW2 and TSW ... b2p ftw.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sayin', what appears after you follow the crates of squid was hilarious and horrific at the same time.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I played it for a while at release, and now that it's b2p, i'll most definitely play it again, one of the better MMO's I've played. I feel sorry for the people who bought a lifetime sub though, do they get a refund?
    Actually, lifers get a pretty good deal. If I could afford it, I'd go lifer.

Deleted
    I've a quick question, in GW2, you could go back and help people lower level that you (say friends who started later) and you'd be levelled down to match the content. Is there anything like this in TSW? I'm thinking of me and some friends giving this a go, but I play more than them and am likely to go ahead in the story. If I go back to help them, will I be OP?

I know there's no levels, but will I unlock more powerful skills and just be able to destroy all the mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I think they got a pretty good deal also; they effectively get all future DLC content free through points, a 20% store discount over the normal 10% for a member, a reusable 1 hour 100% xp pot (16hrs CD) and a few other fluff items. If you’re in it for a while then as long as they keep producing content at a good rate then it’s still good value and will eventually pay for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I've a quick question, in GW2, you could go back and help people lower level that you (say friends who started later) and you'd be levelled down to match the content. Is there anything like this in TSW? I'm thinking of me and some friends giving this a go, but I play more than them and am likely to go ahead in the story. If I go back to help them, will I be OP?

I know there's no levels, but will I unlock more powerful skills and just be able to destroy all the mobs?
    Your gear level is basically your levels. And no there isn't really anything like mentoring in TSW. But you can always equip lower quality of gear if you really want to be challenged so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post

There’s no system like mentoring but its largely irrelevant in TSW because you won’t be penalized for doing lower content, good gear will make you pretty op in lower zones though. TSW doesn’t play the same as other mmo's it actively encourages you to go back to the lower zones to get AP which fills you're skill wheel out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Your gear level is basically your levels. And no there isn't really anything like mentoring in TSW. But you can always equip lower quality of gear if you really want to be challenged so to speak.
    I do this pretty often. I like going back to QL2 gear and tanking Polaris with newbies to help show them the ropes, so to speak. The community in the game is really fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to pick this up before the end of the month. I want to see if Steam does a sale on it before I buy. It would be just my like that I buy the game and they do a 50% or even a 25% off sale for the holiday.

Bought this yesterday due to the VERY solid looking B2P model (one that won't ruin a game at all). So far enjoying it immensely. Damn, it's nice to play an innovative MMO for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    hmm, appears I should do my research before posting it does look pretty interesting, indeed. Might even consider it if I can keep myself from spending tons of money on magi: the gathering and beer
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

The game won't let me zoom out more because I run a 32 bit windows?

You can't be fucking serious

I can't play reticule combat when my own toon takes up half my screen.

Yea moving on.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The game won't let me zoom out more because I run a 32 bit windows?

You can't be fucking serious

I can't play reticule combat when my own toon takes up half my screen.

Yea moving on.
    It's 2012 and you're still running a 32bit machine? You should've known better.