Deleted
    As far as performance goes, the game doesn't really like anything other than nvidia video cards and 64 bit OS.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Hmmm I have a fairly old system and have no trouble, what are you running?

I have a Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4
    8 gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX460

Very old system by todays standards and I have not had a single issue with graphics or lag outside of occasional network lag.
    I wouldn't classify this as very old

I have Lenovo y550, windows 7 32 bit, 4 (or rather 3) GB of RAM, core 2 DUO T6600 2.2 Ghz and Geforce GT 240M
    But the point was that it runs slightly worse now than it did in beta
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I am stuck. I spent hours running around in the swearer in that zombie infeasted town looking for that one guy. He's never there and I leave out of that place and came back to same spot I was in in.

It's number 5/10 on mission log

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I am stuck. I spent hours running around in the swearer in that zombie infeasted town looking for that one guy. He's never there and I leave out of that place and came back to same spot I was in in.

What's the name of the mission?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

http://unfair.co/gaming/the-secret-w...er-5-solution/

Is this what you're looking for? Not sure, but it matches the description you gave us(yeah the spelling of the quest in the link is wrong on purpose, for some reason the creator spelled it wrong and it hasn't been fixed yet). Dawning of an endless night is a rough first chain, but it is interesting and fun. Also if you're ever stuck that website is very good for nearly every quest, and I have found lots of use for it on things I get stuck on(especially the quests where you have to do online research; I hate doing online research :/ It's like another uni class).

Edit: Dang it Sarahjane I didn't notice that was you. Changing your profile pic and stuff.
    Last edited by Haizer; 2013-01-17 at 10:41 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    http://unfair.co/gaming/the-secret-w...er-5-solution/

Is this what you're looking for? Not sure, but it matches the description you gave us(yeah the spelling of the quest in the link is wrong on purpose, for some reason the creator spelled it wrong and it hasn't been fixed yet). Dawning of an endless night is a rough first chain, but it is interesting and fun. Also if you're ever stuck that website is very good for nearly every quest, and I have found lots of use for it on things I get stuck on(especially the quests where you have to do online research; I hate doing online research :/ It's like another uni class).

Edit: Dang it Sarahjane I didn't notice that was you. Changing your profile pic and stuff.
    It can't be if its 5/10 since Endless night is 18 tiers. =/ then again when did TSW become so popular on mmo-c? :C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    It can't be if its 5/10 since Endless night is 18 tiers. =/ then again when did TSW become so popular on mmo-c? :C
    I don't think there are any main mission with more than 6-7 tiers to them(as far as I have seen). So going by the sewers and tier 5 I assume it was a mistake or mistype and linked that. TSW is an amazing game, but I think most people got more interested in it when they dropped the subscription requirement.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    I don't think there are any main mission with more than 6-7 tiers to them(as far as I have seen). So going by the sewers and tier 5 I assume it was a mistake or mistype and linked that. TSW is an amazing game, but I think most people got more interested in it when they dropped the subscription requirement.
    I've been a grandmaster since launch so the sub thing didnt really bother me :P but you're correct with main missions not having more then 6-7 tiers, even the investigation and sabotage missions is barely 4-5 tiers. I'm not all that into the end game of TSW even tho I've been around since launch (all I really wanted was the ARG) but I'm trying to get my way around in Transylvania. Too squishy to do the story quest atm with pistol blood so waiting for my friend thats a tank to play again.
    Think I did some builds mistakes, but oh well I had fun.

Deleted
    Well, one thing I can tell you right off the bat is that you have a quantum brace active and a rocket launcher passive equipped :P

And a crit focused deck with two passives that rely on afflicted state and penetrating hits. And no healing builder for when you have to run around and keep yourself alive :P And you could really use a hinder and impair in a transylvania questing deck ^^
    Last edited by mmoca2e031eea5; 2013-01-17 at 12:58 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Well, one thing I can tell you right off the bat is that you have a quantum brace active and a rocket launcher passive equipped :P

And a crit focused deck with two passives that rely on afflicted state and penetrating hits. And no healing builder for when you have to run around and keep yourself alive :P And you could really use a hinder and impair in a transylvania questing deck ^^
    I hadn't unlocked the passive to quantum brace yet, should be there now :P as for iron maiden passive, I use it since my friend afflicts them so i dont need it. And to this point most units I have trouble killing is either ranged assult rifle or immune to hindered :/ **I have no idea myself what I was talking about
    Last edited by XepNes; 2013-01-17 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    I've been a grandmaster since launch so the sub thing didnt really bother me :P but you're correct with main missions not having more then 6-7 tiers, even the investigation and sabotage missions is barely 4-5 tiers. I'm not all that into the end game of TSW even tho I've been around since launch (all I really wanted was the ARG) but I'm trying to get my way around in Transylvania. Too squishy to do the story quest atm with pistol blood so waiting for my friend thats a tank to play again.
    Think I did some builds mistakes, but oh well I had fun.
    From what I can see, you don't have any actives at all that use a second weapon! Having that second weapon for finishers will help a shit-ton.

Planning on picking this game up soon. I would like to know if I went tanking in TSW - Will I kill mobs significantly slower than I would if I went dps? I think I will be going hammer, I tried it in the beta and it was really fun back then. Or is there a "dual spec" system so I can dps when i'm doing quests and tank in dungeons etc?

I suggest you start as dps. You will need to get some gear and skills before going to dungeons. And once you are ready it will be easy to pick basic tanking skills, since all skills in inner wheels are very cheap
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Later on, with the right build, tanks can be even faster than dps to clear multiple mobs. With a good balance between survivability(some self-healing as well) and damage, I've seen tanks deal with 3-4 packs of mobs while I can deal with 1, maybe 2 at best. Though as procne said, at first you'd want to go some dps and once you get Q(quality)2-4 from missions you can start picking tank gear.

I see. Is the hammer for DPS or Tank? I think I read somewhere that it's for tanking only, is that true?

I really enjoyed playing with the hammer in the beta, shotgun was pretty fun aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    I see.

Is the hammer for DPS or Tank? I think I read somewhere that it's for tanking only, is that true?
    Every weapon has 2 options in the trinity. One is always dps. Hammer is dps and tank.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:15 PM ----------

Plus no DLC in January.

I swear TSW would be the MMO of all time if they just stuck to their original combat design which would of been the exactly same thing as TERA, but for some reason they couldn't pull it off.

Deleted
    There are 4 "roles", the usual Tank/Healer/Dps and another called "Support". Usually you go one or a few supportive spells(They are usually group wide, such as increased crit, reduced damage taken etc.) and then dps. I believe cleansing is the support's role as well.
    As Zito said all weapons have 2/4 of these. Every weapon have damage as one of four, so you could say that all weapons have 1/3 roles, support-tank-healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Planning on picking this game up soon. I would like to know if I went tanking in TSW - Will I kill mobs significantly slower than I would if I went dps? I think I will be going hammer, I tried it in the beta and it was really fun back then. Or is there a "dual spec" system so I can dps when i'm doing quests and tank in dungeons etc?
    There is no such thing as dualspec. There's not really such a thing as spec either. You can swap your abilities around freely at any time, as long as you're not in combat.

Deleted
    Anyone who would like to play/do some missions in Shadowy Forest/Besiege Farmlands, they are getting rather hard now
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2013-01-19 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Plus no DLC in January.

I swear TSW would be the MMO of all time if they just stuck to their original combat design which would of been the exactly same thing as TERA, but for some reason they couldn't pull it off.
    No DLC in January? Haven't seen anything about that. Source? Just so I know whether or not it's safe to waste my gm points.