10+ Year Old Account
    So according to one of the top guys at Funcom and lead manager for TSWs (via Twitter), issue 11 is coming May 6th. My body is ready.

I preordered TSW a long time before it launched. The premise was good, the execution wasn't bad, but the grind killed it for me. It killed it for me before I even hit the Savage Coast. I kept rerolling chars (which I'm fond of doing in MOST MMO's), but rerolling chars in TSW is literally the most cringe-worthy experience of your life. There is no skipping the 'tutorial/faction selection mission'(which is identical for every faction, /le sigh) and it lasts longer every time you do it. No not literally, but my mind is telling me that it took longer every time I did it.

Balance was all-over the place. By the time you started farming at and around the sea, you had to let go two full rotations before killing your single target. A few weapon choices could do it faster, but it was still slow. And you got hit like a truck.

So all in all, the combination of burn-out from WoW, the horrible unskippable introduction section (which is still there for fucks sake) and the long grind, just burned me out before making up my mind about the game. Obviously the story was perfect. It really nails voice-overs, storytelling, atmosphere. Nice moody areas with similar storytelling and characters that border on the ridiculous. I love it.

And this renewed player experience really made alllllll...but not the faction selection mission ><....lllllll my objections to this game disappear. At least until Blue Mountain. I would advice anyone to pick it up in its current form. They smoothed out the starter area, they really do make it easier to pick weapons at the start (still had to reroll a few times, because fists and blades just look.. wrong).

It's a great game essentially. With a lot of online resources. In-game store not the cheapest though, but probably in-line with most MMO's.

Handsome little religious fanatic me <3 Looks like me too..from way far

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    And this renewed player experience really made alllllll...but not the faction selection mission ><....lllllll my objections to this game disappear. At least until Blue Mountain.
    I finished Blue Mountain shortly before they did the huge revamp to the world but I've heard it's infinitely less bad in terms of grind. I know porting to graveyards makes a huge difference as it cuts down on a ton of travel time and pointless combat if you want to avoid it. Honestly, the gripes I had before (which were mainly centered around the time to kill/downtime for combat if you weren't using an optimal leveling build and the time it took to travel [though I discovered you can upgrade sprint, which blew my mind and made me happy]) were all but addressed in the patch.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop telling me how awesome this new leveling experience is. I don't have time to enjoy this right now, but I want to. Maybe I'll install tonight....what game to uninstall though...hrmm...I need a new SSD.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Stop telling me how awesome this new leveling experience is. I don't have time to enjoy this right now, but I want to. Maybe I'll install tonight....what game to uninstall though...hrmm...I need a new SSD.
    Everything is awesoooomeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Everything is awesoooomeeee
    This is a serious, serious problem. I have far to many MMO's to play, and that's totally ignoring my massive Steam backlog, my console games I've had sitting around (in some cases for well over a decade), and the anime/foreign flicks I have to watch (because I can watch movies/shows in English while I play MMO's : P).

Honestly, I'm kinda glad there aren't many MMO's coming out this year in the West I'm terribly excited for. I can barely find time for the 3-4 MMO's I'm actively playing right now alone, and they're continuing to come out with fantastic updates/expansions for them -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah at this point I would be perfectly ok if they ceased making MMOs completely for about a decade. I really just don't need anymore and I enjoy the updates for the ones we have now well enough. Plus I also need to catch up on my 200+ steam games and all the anime on hulu.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a serious, serious problem. I have far to many MMO's to play, and that's totally ignoring my massive Steam backlog, my console games I've had sitting around (in some cases for well over a decade), and the anime/foreign flicks I have to watch (because I can watch movies/shows in English while I play MMO's : P).

Honestly, I'm kinda glad there aren't many MMO's coming out this year in the West I'm terribly excited for. I can barely find time for the 3-4 MMO's I'm actively playing right now alone, and they're continuing to come out with fantastic updates/expansions for them -_-
    These days, barely got time to level a character in one MMO, let alone more than one. Granted, I mostly watch series in my spare time, if I find the time to sit down and relax. I'm working on an IT-project and the technical project lead had his contract expired and the program manager decided I was a better fit. Which is good for my resume and ego, not so good for my spare time. Then again, I start feeling how age affects the enthusiasm you play games with.

That said, TSW is really a good escape. Taking it slow with a very good solo experience is exactly what I'm currently looking for.

I wish I had the free time to play but I have a lot going on. If I were going to choose an MMO to get into it would be a toss-up between TSW and FFXIV, with TSW really grabbing my attention back with this latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a serious, serious problem. I have far to many MMO's to play
    hehe i'm the same way...

Sucks that my SSD is only 250gb, after all programs that leaves me like 100-150 gb for games and stuff. I actually had TSW installed a week or so ago, but holy crap it takes up a lot of HD space...like 40-45gb i think. Maybe i need to do a thorough cleaning of my SSD and get rid of programs i'll never use. I want to have STO, SWTOR, TSW, Rift, DDO, and Marvel Heroes all installed at the same time...maaaaybe LOTRO and Diablo 3 too. I tried playing some games from an external HD connected via USB but i didnt like how slow it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    *snip*.
    Dude...you're telling my life story here. I currently have LotRO, Rift, D3, Hearthstone, GW2, Warframe, a couple MMOs I can't think of, and a plethora of Steam games including several high data RPGs. I also have a 250GB SSD and I thought it would be *enough*. I was an idiot. I should have gone with 1TB, but the prices were way too high for that range when I purchased.
    BAD WOLF

I find Tokyo to be a bit of a grind. I want to play through it (I mean I payed for it after all) but it is so tedious with the combat that it has.

How do you kill which has no life ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Dude...you're telling my life story here. I currently have LotRO, Rift, D3, Hearthstone, GW2, Warframe, a couple MMOs I can't think of, and a plethora of Steam games including several high data RPGs. I also have a 250GB SSD and I thought it would be *enough*. I was an idiot. I should have gone with 1TB, but the prices were way too high for that range when I purchased.
    I wonder if its possible to just hook up another internal SSD drive. I've messed around and installed/formatted a lot of standard drives in the past in that manner. But this is the first time i've ever used an SSD and even external hard drives. And thanks for reminding me, i need to add GW2 to that list too lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I find Tokyo to be a bit of a grind. I want to play through it (I mean I payed for it after all) but it is so tedious with the combat that it has.
    I found it fine after the first 3 , 4 hours. Its tedious because of the AEGIS shields , and at first you can only have one set of Controllers. Once you get the 2nd set rewarded from the missions of the guy inside the Tank, its becomes infinitely better because now both weapons tear through the shields.
    The mobs past the quarantine wall (DLC 10) are even harder/tougher.

Personally i'd stick with it , its worth it just for the story. I don't really see the point of AEGIS system though. If they just wanted you to take longer to kill mobs they should have just added more HP. Don't really see the point of playing Simon everytime you get to a new area, or a mob that has 2 types of shields. Especially not when theres addons automating the controller switch.

Can't wait to see the Orochi Tower , and the end of DLC 11. That will be epic.
    Apparently there will be a new dungeon and raid boss with DLC 11, and the Orochi Tower (which will be where most of DLC11 missions will take place) will have multiple floors, randomly generated each time you run those missions. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-04-28 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So just got through DLC 11s story. Good as always, lots of answered questions, an ultimate ability that varies depending on your choices through the game, and tough final bosses to do alone.

The tower is amazing in design. Theres elevators for all of the 8 companies that Orochi englobes.
    You can reach all "Alpha" floors of said companies. So thats like 8 mini zones (sort of like Fractals in GW2), and at the end of each you'll get a "Beta" card to go up one floor. This beta card can be random, so its not necessarely the same company that you went up in Alpha floor. At the end of "Beta" floor you'll loot a "Omega" card which is the last floor (for story purposes you can go up more floors , but in linear fashion). So in total there are 24 mini areas to explore, which can range from simple combat areas, to puzzle zones or stealth sections. Heck i played Pacman in one of the floors. You can enter do the floor segments every 18 hours, so theres ton of replayability in this DLC.
    There is also apparently in game a way to switch cards so you don't repeat same floors and want to try something new, but personally unaware yet how to do it.

Disclaimer: No new scenario that i'm aware off, or new dungeon and raid. Apparently these will be implemented sometime soon i guess. They talked about it but it seems it hasn't materialized yet.

Trailer:

I'm loving the new epsiode.

Given how deep the story is, how flexible the characters are and how generally fun the game is to play, why isn't TSW a bigger name?

WoW is pretty much crap compared to TSW but it has 100 times as many players. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    I'm loving the new epsiode.

Given how deep the story is, how flexible the characters are and how generally fun the game is to play, why isn't TSW a bigger name?

WoW is pretty much crap compared to TSW but it has 100 times as many players. I just don't get it.
    Because WoW is a 10 year old game and TSW hasn't been around that long and takes twice as long to get updates out.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    Isn't developed by one of the biggest, most respected names in the industry, but instead one who has a spotty track record.
    Is a brand new IP instead of being based on an existing, very popular IP.
    Much lower production value.
    More niche "modern fantasy" setting that doesn't have as large of a proven audience.
    Takes risks with things like classless/levelless systems.
    Less theme-park "low barrier for entry" focus (especially until the recent "new player experience" update) that appeals to a broader market.
    Doesn't have 8+ years of steady player growth across all major regions (Asia, NA, SA, Europe).

Plus tons and tons more if I wanted to spend more time.

That doesn't make it a bad game, though. I know I love the hell out of it (even if I take frequent breaks) and think it's reasonably well designed and very unique game with IMO the best storytelling in the MMO genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so a few clarifications on my previous post:

Apparently there are not 24 floors like i said earlier, its 21, 3 of the companies only have 2 floors instead of 3.

The new Raid, Dungeons and Scenario will all come on Issue 12. This comes from a Massivelyop interview with game director , who confirmed they were all moved into a group content only DLC, which they feel they have been neglecting.

The interview in question: http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/06/ch...rlds-issue-11/ (Beware of Spoilers)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Because WoW is a 10 year old game and TSW hasn't been around that long and takes twice as long to get updates out.
    I generally agree with what you said, just not this part. Are you sure about that xD?