Man, I forgot about the daily/weekly stuff (even though I looked at it the day the update launched). Need to remember to log in to at least knock 1-2 things out a day as I finish working through Transylvania.

The sound design for this game is just amazing. From the voice acting to the music and sound effects. I wish I had more time to game because this is really the one I want to play the most.

So with my current abundance of free time I decided to get back into TSW. Still love it.

One question though: Is there any way to hide missions I have already completed? I know they all have check marks on them when they're right in front of me, but they still show up on my map looking like any other mission.

Also is there a site somewhere that shows pictures of all the costume unlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    One question though: Is there any way to hide missions I have already completed? I know they all have check marks on them when they're right in front of me, but they still show up on my map looking like any other mission.
    That specifically...no. You can only toggle on/off the map markets for mission givers. I just mark them all with a custom marker (and then marking if they're nightmare or group dungeons so I will know why I haven't) until I've completed them and the removing the market. That way I know what I have/haven't done. Used to have to do it as I came across them but now that they all show up on the map it's super easy to do when entering a new zone : )

Also is there a site somewhere that shows pictures of all the costume unlocks?
    Something like this? https://sephorassecretcloset.wordpress.com/
    Currently playing: GW, TORTANIC.
    Still visit: TSW, W*, GW2, Rift, LOTRO, ESO.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by catcommando View Post
    Exactly like that. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Them outfits. I hate/love games where you can customize your look so extensively. I'll bust my ass off acquiring the pieces/clothing to use, only to have myself looking at another set/look a couple days later o.O

Was playing a little bit last weekend with a friend. We had so much fun it was great. I wish I had more time to get back into it.

Get to the Savage Coast. Giant moths.

Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????

But at least now I'm rocking the Illuminati look.

I'm in the second zone of Egypt and I hate it. I'll have to push myself hard to finish it. I really want to see Transylvania.

I really liked Savage Coast, it's a great zone. The theme park and school are both rad as shit. And the guy in blue gloves (hue) is voiced by this amazing dude: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001062/

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    I'm in the second zone of Egypt and I hate it. I'll have to push myself hard to finish it. I really want to see Transylvania.
    It's worth it. That second zone kinda drags on for too long with the storyline. I liked the kid statue things for a while, and they have some really great interactions, but overall that zone was pretty "bleh".

It's worth it though, I'm in the third Transylvania zone right now and the first two were great.

Those things used to be instant death.

Also, that part is great with a set of head phones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I really liked Savage Coast, it's a great zone. The theme park and school are both rad as shit. And the guy in blue gloves (hue) is voiced by this amazing dude: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001062/

It's worth it. That second zone kinda drags on for too long with the storyline. I liked the kid statue things for a while, and they have some really great interactions, but overall that zone was pretty "bleh".
    Agreed on this. The school is probably my favorite area in the game pre Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Agreed on this. The school is probably my favorite area in the game pre Tokyo.
    So many awesome lines from the characters there.

I really wish Funcom would find a way to add new, relevant content with their issues to older areas like the school. Seriously, I'd love to revisit some of those characters and areas again with new stuff, build out their storylines a bit more.

It's what I had hoped would be the type of thing that would happen pre-launch, then they pig-headedly put in linear progression with QL gear and essentially killed the games level-less design : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh I am enjoying the hell out of it. I just hate moths. And yes. Doing the quests with him is why my wife and I will be watching Re-animator later tonight (she still hasn't seen it).

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite area was Kingsmouth oddly enough. I don't know theres just something brilliant about coming out of Agartha and get enveloped in the mist and the sound of zombies tearing flesh for the first time. The conspiracies the characters propose when you hear them, and the deep roots of the island to the illuminati. Never thought i could achieve such a level of immersion in an MMO before.

Nowadays i think i love Tokyo even more. Its a similiar situation with Kingsmouth. After years of anticipation of when we would head there, i think the zone surpassed my expectations. Brilliant story, amazing characters, hard ass enemies, good mix of gameplay element trinity of TSW (action/stealth/investigation) Make overall the most fun i've had with mmos in quite some time.

Yeah, Kingsmouth was insanely awesome. I think largely my fond memories were due to, "Whoa, so much atmosphere! This is nuts!" but it just had a ton of great characters. The old lady with a shotgun is still the baddest motherfucker in the game.

Guess I'll fight the patcher tonight and update. I've still soo much to do. I think I was waiting on the cd of the quests for my shield items when I was playing last, and then got distracted.

I was thinking about my comment earlier and as awesome as Tokyo is, I think the whole Tyler Freeman thing was probably one of the few times a game had me completely engrossed over the last few years.

I don't get why so many people don't like the second Egypt zone, it's one of my favourites actually along with the Black Pharaoh storyline :-). And yes, the first two zones (Kingsmouth and Savage Coast) are insane and the most impressive zones I experienced in an MMO personally. Blue Mountain on the other hand, especially pre-nerf of the moths...

Having said that, I need to buy Tokyo and get cracking with it

edit: as per the above, the Tyler Freeborn questline is the most epic anything I have played in an MMO. Nobody should play TSW without doing that questline :-)

definitely agree about the Tyler Freeborn mission pack

I actually much preferred Egypt to Transylvania. And I haven't liked Tokyo at all, mostly because of the tedious drawn out combat there

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyler Freeborn DLC was an amazing piece of content indeed. For those that liked the final mission on that, theres one in Tokyo, in the love hotel with narration by "John" thats very similiar and just as awesome. So many feels. Without spoiling much, i actually felt sorry for the dude responsible for blowing the bomb in the subway.