10+ Year Old Account
    I am still on the fence about this game. I want to like it, but there are a few things that are keeping me from going all in. I did play the original TSW but quit due to feeling like I was insanely weak if I didn't go for the ideal build. Because of that, I do like the new weapon and leveling systems but at the same time only having 6 ability slots with one of those always being taken up by a basic ability feels really limiting. I am also really worried about the double AP/SP for patrons. That's not just giving patrons a little bit of an advantage in leveling, that is potentially making patrons twice as strong as not subscribers. Then there are little annoyances like not having any way to send items/currency between alts and putting a 10 AH sales a day limit in place for whatever reason. I am still enjoying playing through the story, it is by far the games strongest aspect and leaps and bounds better than most mmos, but I really don't see myself sticking around after I finish that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am still on the fence about this game. I want to like it, but there are a few things that are keeping me from going all in. I did play the original TSW but quit due to feeling like I was insanely weak if I didn't go for the ideal build. Because of that, I do like the new weapon and leveling systems but at the same time only having 6 ability slots with one of those always being taken up by a basic ability feels really limiting. I am also really worried about the double AP/SP for patrons. That's not just giving patrons a little bit of an advantage in leveling, that is potentially making patrons twice as strong as not subscribers. Then there are little annoyances like not having any way to send items/currency between alts and putting a 10 AH sales a day limit in place for whatever reason. I am still enjoying playing through the story, it is by far the games strongest aspect and leaps and bounds better than most mmos, but I really don't see myself sticking around after I finish that.
    In TSW, the benefits of progressing faster were much more over the top. The stipend allowed subs to buy AP boosts(a lot). They had a perma item that boosted XP gain to get AP/SP faster, which was eventually turned into a permanent 30% boost. On top of that, the main end game gear currency, Black Bullions, you gained them 50% more. You could progress much faster.

These double AP/SP rewards are fine by me. It increases incentive to go be a Patron, but it doesn't make subs infinitely stronger unless they're gunning for capstones. In the end, the progression has a stopping point. And players will catch up quickly with their desired weapons at 50.

There will be a power difference, but I don't think it will be nearly as bad as it was in TSW. Where you had the Aegis system and Augment system -after- you thought you finally finished completing your Wheels and getting Panoptic Core. Without them, we currently have a good stopping point.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that, compared to what they have now. The free experience in SWL is far, far, far better than SWTOR so it would definitely hit free players hard. But subs? Hot damn would it make the sub insanely attractive to folks.
    They have a small problem. The lifetime subs that they sold. A fair chunk of the subs will be lifetime subs so they won't get a cent from those people and those are their more regular players so they want to monetize those people.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They reward items the first kills, right? Other that that they shouldn't be of interest anymore.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    They reward items the first kills, right? Other that that they shouldn't be of interest anymore.
    They are all part of meta achievements that lead to cosmetic rewards as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They are all part of meta achievements that lead to cosmetic rewards as well.
    Then they're cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    They have a small problem. The lifetime subs that they sold. A fair chunk of the subs will be lifetime subs so they won't get a cent from those people and those are their more regular players so they want to monetize those people.
    Actually, lifetime subs would drop faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more money that regular ones. Spending habits. And there is a lot of unecessary things to pay for.

An old game, remastered with 2002 Graphics, with a combat system 1% better than what it was before, with an even shittier existence...

Yep, that was about as expected as I thought it would be....

0.2/10. These are the problems of free-games....

They suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    First off - there is nothing wrong with sticking for only the story.
    Second - having more ap/sp =/= being more powerfull. Theorically you can create working build without even completing one weapon and barelly scratching second one. We need to see what give max mastery or whatever is called last skill in each tree. But even then it should not be too difficult to get one for each weapon.
    Subs will get much more options and passive bonuses from skills. BUT - you can still get it. Just 2x times slower. It sucks, but again, working built isnt a built with each weapon on 100% complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    An old game, remastered with 2002 Graphics, with a combat system 1% better than what it was before, with an even shittier existence...

Yep, that was about as expected as I thought it would be....

0.2/10. These are the problems of free-games....

They suck.
    Your taste sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Actually, lifetime subs would drop faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more money that regular ones. Spending habits. And there is a lot of unecessary things to pay for.
    Not if they made the Patron benefits better. That's my point. If the Patron benefits were better then they wouldn't get a cent from the people. That's why the Patron benefits are limited. Because they want to monetize those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    First off - there is nothing wrong with sticking for only the story.
    Second - having more ap/sp =/= being more powerfull. Theorically you can create working build without even completing one weapon and barelly scratching second one. We need to see what give max mastery or whatever is called last skill in each tree. But even then it should not be too difficult to get one for each weapon.
    Subs will get much more options and passive bonuses from skills. BUT - you can still get it. Just 2x times slower. It sucks, but again, working built isnt a built with each weapon on 100% complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Your taste sucks.
    Welp, there's my checklist crossed out.

Trigger a fanboy: Check!

Eat popcorn: CHECK!

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-07-04 at 03:57 AM.

I think my only 2 gripes with combat right now, are that we can't ditch our Basic and we can't have 2 Elites.

I haven't used my basic for a long time. And I'd love to have an elite for each weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I think my only 2 gripes with combat right now, are that we can't ditch our Basic and we can't have 2 Elites.

I haven't used my basic for a long time. And I'd love to have an elite for each weapon.
    not sure what weapons you are using but i've had to rely on the basic skill quite alot when playing elementalism and chaos as main weapon. the longer a fight last the more i have to use the filler.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    not sure what weapons you are using but i've had to rely on the basic skill quite alot when playing elementalism and chaos as main weapon. the longer a fight last the more i have to use the filler.
    Same here. Maining Blood with a single target Chaos skill just to generate Paradoxes a lot (plus the passive - oh god it's awesome). I'll have to revisit a little my passives setup since now i'm all out on Blood, but yes, i'm burning weapon energy very fast. I need to get a better AoE setup via the dots (it should be possible) so i can ditch the first AoE skill.

Probably i'm going to switch secondary weapon - Chaos is melee and Blood is ranged - so i was wondering if it's worth ditching a lvl20 green chaos weapon and start leveling Pistols. It's just annoying to have to move in melee just to use the chaos skill when i can stay ranged with my basic skill.

Same here. Maining Blood with a single target Chaos skill just to generate Paradoxes a lot (plus the passive - oh god it's awesome). I'll have to revisit a little my passives setup since now i'm all out on Blood, but yes, i'm burning weapon energy very fast. I need to get a better AoE setup via the dots (it should be possible) so i can ditch the first AoE skill.

Probably i'm going to switch secondary weapon - Chaos is melee and Blood is ranged - so i was wondering if it's worth ditching a lvl20 green chaos weapon and start leveling Pistols. It's just annoying to have to move in melee just to use the chaos skill when i can stay ranged with my basic skill.
    yeah green isn't worth much.. if you've done ARG we should get a new set of weapons tomorrow so probably better to wait til then

yeah green isn't worth much.. if you've done ARG we should get a new set of weapons tomorrow so probably better to wait til then
    Yeah, i did that. I don't remeber but i think i've chosen chaos. Oh well, no problem i'll just level up a new set of weapons. Though they could make that leveled gear gives back more XP than a simple base increase.

Yeah, i did that. I don't remeber but i think i've chosen chaos. Oh well, no problem i'll just level up a new set of weapons. Though they could make that leveled gear gives back more XP than a simple base increase.
    you'll get all weapons

you'll get all weapons
    Are you sure? Afaik you can get only one weapon - or can i redo the game for each one?

EDIT: tried to redo it, discorvered i had chosen Blood Focus (yeah) i can try to clear the cookies and redo the game.

Are you sure? Afaik you can get only one weapon - or can i redo the game for each one?

EDIT: tried to redo it, discorvered i had chosen Blood Focus (yeah) i can try to clear the cookies and redo the game.
    they mentioned it on the last stream they did so yeah pretty sure.