15+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably gonna go blood/chaos or elementalism/blood then. Any opinions on either of them? Which is better for solo play, better for group play etc? As I said I'm leaning towards blood/chaos (because I think it has better survivability and still decent damage, though I could be wrong), but to be honest I don't know too much about the game so, hence why I've come here to ask for other peoples opinions.

I'd figured both of them are really 'dps' builds, as I'm not too interested in being mainly a tank or healer.

bought this today just to give it a shot see what it's like
    Casual.

Quote Originally Posted by ashybawls View Post
    bought this today just to give it a shot see what it's like
    I did the same, but its terrible imo :>

I've been playing this now for about a week, since early access started pretty much, lost the first day to downloading pretty much, bought it when i realized it was "out" and felt bored.

after the first 2 days, i was pretty much convinced i had wasted my money, i was quite frustrated with it, and the combat seemed lacking at best and stuff just felt ick.

then i realized... wait.. no this isnt ick, its just actually mildly challenging and i need to play like how i used to play games before WoW. Rerolled, made a ranged build, thousand times more fun, quite addicting now. Honestly it may not be amazing best thing ever. but it is fun, and i can see it holding onto me longer than SWToR did... which was about a month.

I gave up on the one investigative mission where you follow the man hole covers and goggled it.

Spoiler:

How the french toast am I suppose to know what 10:10 is? I'm not a bible thumper.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-07-08 at 10:26 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I gave up on the one investigative mission where you follow the man hole covers and goggled it.
    That's the beauty of it. And they've built in browser to not get you super upset.

They approach every investigation mission in different ways and use different stuff for that: logic, math, electronics etc. Very brave of them seeing as we're living in the age of 'nurf that now'.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2012-07-08 at 10:24 PM.

Spoiler:

How the french toast am I suppose to know what 10:10 is? I'm not a bible thumper.

It talked about word of god and kings and the clock said 10:10. It's not very obvious if you're not familiar with bible verse notation, but it makes you think outside the box for sure.

I love how when I finally figure some of these clues out, I feel like a damn genius.

Spoiler:

Black bars incoming:

Pretty much the same way you might not be familiar with classical literature or data formats like Base64 and Hexadecimal - certain clues point you in the right direction on what to at least search. In that particular case, the phrase "words of God" should point to looking for religious texts, even for those who aren't at all religious. Then, what's a good place to look for information regarding a book? The table of contents...and fairly early on you'd see the two books named 1 Kings and 2 Kings, and the pieces should start falling into place.

Given that the clue then states the "hands of time" are pointing to the information, and if you've made it this far following the clue trail, you'll probably notice the numbers scheme in the chapters and verses, and have that eureka moment. All without ever having had to set foot in a church in real life before.

There's always contextual clues that point you in the right direction on what to search for - every time.

---------- Post added 2012-07-08 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I love how when I finally figure some of these clues out, I feel like a damn genius.
    Though when the answer has been in front of me the entire time, and I just didn't notice it by making things too complicated, I feel like a damn fool. Had that happen a couple nights ago...an hour spent searching and I had everything I needed already.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

The Secret World friend invite/trial?

Is there trial or friend invite for this game so I can try it out, can't decide to buy it or not.
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

10:10 was hard? LOL! Wait until you have to decode morse code!

Oh nice there are addons
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    10:10 was hard? LOL! Wait until you have to decode morse code!
    I already did that.

Also when do you start getting clothing pieces are rewards from zones? I'm on the savage coast and wondering if its ever gonna happen :/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aint getting money till September which sucks, really wanna try this game out. Looks amazingly fun
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Any chance of a buddy code from anyone =]?
    would really be appreciated, pm me if you can!

I already did that.

Also when do you start getting clothing pieces are rewards from zones? I'm on the savage coast and wondering if its ever gonna happen :/
    You get a clothing reward every time you complete a weapon's inner wheel (14 APs). Fists gave me a jacket, Chaos gave me a... I think T-Shirt, etc etc. You also get clothing rewards for some achievements. I did all the "main" (ie red box) quests in Kingsmouth, and I got a hat for it). I also got clothing from ranking up with my faction (they're like uniforms). And of course there's deck outfits too.

But yeah, some achievements do give clothing. I'm sure there'll be a list posted soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I'm probably gonna go blood/chaos or elementalism/blood then. Any opinions on either of them? Which is better for solo play, better for group play etc? As I said I'm leaning towards blood/chaos (because I think it has better survivability and still decent damage, though I could be wrong), but to be honest I don't know too much about the game so, hence why I've come here to ask for other peoples opinions.

I'd figured both of them are really 'dps' builds, as I'm not too interested in being mainly a tank or healer.
    Short answer: it depends on your playstyle. And the synergy of the actives with the passives and with each other.

The preacher is actually a ranged DPS more than a healer. The healing is just "support"; not "main spec" or "main purpose" (running around as healer with support damage is like healer priest with archangel and such; takes longer, low risk). Some call it off-healing, but not everyone understands what that means (not much). A shadow priest, moonkin, elemental shaman can be an off healer just like an enhancement shaman and feral cat can be tank: its nothing like a real one but it can be sufficient depending on factors (good DPS, good healer, gear, how much incoming damage, CDs ready?, build, ...) better than having no tank/healer at all.

The power of self heal, as you may know from PvP and solo play in other games, is immense but it comes with the price of less versatility in other abilities (see my own experience as example below).

So it isn't at all silly to have healing capacity in your build (e.g. from blood, but not necessarily). However having more damage abilities and having ranged to pull with after which one switches to melee can also work.

Another problem I have is when people say "blood". What blood abilities? Blood can be healing spells, ranged DPS, or both. For example: I am blade/blood but I use 4 damage from blade, 1 ranged DPS from blood, and 2 heal from blood for self-heal. I could use the latter as support in a 5man, but nothing too serious.

What I wish I did when I started to play this game was just going for a "deck" and then experiment with deviating from it. With the deck you have a stable build which works guaranteed. It may not be your preferred build in the end, heck you may not like it at all! But it works. If I play a new spec in WoW I copy EJ 1:1 and then I start to learn how the spec and talent tree works and then I start to experiment. This is because I know the EJ spec is proven by a community of theorycrafters to function well in 25m HC raiding (which may very well not what I am doing and therefore I may have to quickly ditch it, but nevertheless it is proven and a good starting point).

Spoiler:

"Written by kings in the word of god" is kind of a huge hint. That was one of the easier investigation tiers imo, and I'm an atheist without any bible knowledge whatsoever.

When you complete all the missions for an area from the main quest-givers, you get clothing rewards. Do all the quests in the academy, you get an Innsmouth hoodie. Check your clothing, you may have already gotten some.

Love this game, very fun, so many quests and most are repeatable so incase you missed something you get another chance another day. I enjoyed the dungeons I've encountered so far, like polaris and inferno, the last 2 bosses in inferno are pretty hard for 5man dungeon bosses to be.
    I recommend anyone who hasn't tried it yet to play it and do dungeons, it's a huge step up from swtor and wow.

That one + the dead hanging were a bit harder ... but it's true that when you do figure it out you feel like a genius (But I had to google these two ^^, no genius here.).

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.