Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I like all I've seen about the game so far except for the combat, the whole no class thing is probably one of the better Ideas this game has though.
    No question. Look at the crafting in that video a few post back. That may be even more innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    From what I've read, the endgame game gear stops growing vertically and becomes more specialized to fit builds. Could be mistaken though.
    Endgame starts at level... OH WAIT.

Though you could be right, but from recent articles about PvP matching idk myself.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usaully don't do crafting in games unless I have to lol. One thing I've been wondering though, I know you get to choose your abilities but I'm not seeing any abilities that involves the equipped weapons so far, makes me think they should just scrap weapons and make combat be based purely on abilities like in phantom dust.

I usaully don't do crafting in games unless I have to lol. One thing I've been wondering though, I know you get to choose your abilities but I'm not seeing any abilities that involves the equipped weapons so far, makes me think they should just scrap weapons and make combat be based purely on abilities like in phantom dust.
    Um, I think you are looking at magic maybe which is also split into 3 category which is its "weapon". There are definitely moves that only work with pistols equipped or a hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um, I think you are looking at magic maybe which is also split into 3 category which is its "weapon". There are definitely moves that only work with pistols equipped or a hammer.
    That's good then though still think it would be cooler if the entire combat was you just throwing magic everywhere instead of needing a weapon, which also makes me wonder if its possible to built such a character and not need a weapon if that's the case I am sold.

That's good then though still think it would be cooler if the entire combat was you just throwing magic everywhere instead of needing a weapon, which also makes me wonder if its possible to built such a character and not need a weapon if that's the case I am sold.
    With magic you can do that, its split into 3 sub category's and you can never ever use a physical weapon if you want.

The reason for weapons is to give options for different combat styles like ranged, melee, etc.

Deleted
    If it doesn't turn out as a MMO FPS I should like this game !

I'm confused, once you get enough AP in one skill slot you get upgraded equipment of that slot making you stronger once you max out that skill slot though it stops becoming verticle progression.

However thats the same with leveling and getting gear. So in the end yea you can still out gear zone 1 and zone 2. Leaving nothing but the story like most mmo's. If this ends up being the case, I will not play this game.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-20 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, once you get enough AP in one skill slot you get upgraded equipment of that slot making you stronger once you max out that skill slot though it stops becoming verticle progression.

However thats the same with leveling and getting gear. So in the end yea you can still out gear zone 1 and zone 2. Leaving nothing but the story like most mmo's.
    Oh that's fucking great may definitely give this a shot then, added to the list.lol quoted wrong post but w/e you understand.

However thats the same with leveling and getting gear. So in the end yea you can still out gear zone 1 and zone 2. Leaving nothing but the story like most mmo's. If this ends up being the case, I will not play this game.
    Well we aren't sure about this. We don't know how the mob drop table works.

Since all but investigation quest are repeatable it seems like there will or should be some type of system in place that drops you usable stuff. But what would determine if it is usable /pullsouthair.

Maybe if you only skill up 2 weapons you wont need or want to go back to earlier zones.. but if you are looking to try out a new weapon type, the earlier zones may be needed or atleast usual?
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-20 at 11:07 PM.

Maybe if you only skill up 2 weapons you wont need or want to go back to earlier zones.. but if you are looking to try out a new weapon type, the earlier zones may be needed or atleast usual?
    My issue is that at a certain point something becomes deserted, since you will get a steady stream of chakras or improved crafted weapons zones will end up like WoW or rift or some asian grind MMO.

You starting with a new weapon is the same as starting a new character in other MMO's, you start from the bottom of the barrel and work your way up blowing away content that becomes easy at a certain level. So instead of level we have skill points, so at a certain amount of skill points X zone becomes loleasy and only thing to go there for is storywise or some interesting fight that shows up once in a blue moon.

So really, TSW is the same as any other leveling MMO but with a different theme and the word levels is replaced with the word skill points.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-20 at 11:13 PM.

My issue is that at a certain point something becomes deserted, since you will get a steady stream of chakras or improved crafted weapons zones will end up like WoW or rift or some asian grind MMO.

You starting with a new weapon is the same as starting a new character in other MMO's, you start from the bottom of the barrel and work your way up blowing away content that becomes easy at a certain level. So instead of level we have skill points, so at a certain amount of skill points X zone becomes loleasy and only thing to go there for is storywise or some interesting fight that shows up once in a blue moon.

So really, TSW is the same as any other leveling MMO but with a different theme and the word levels is replaced with the word skill points.
    Well except that skill points were tacked on for the soul purpose of preventing gifting of the best stuff once you first step foot into the game. That being said, I don't think skill points by themselves = more power like levels do. Aswell there is no new guy can't kill old guy stuff like a level 5 can't touch a level 85.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-20 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Well except that skill points were tacked on for the soul purpose of preventing gifting of the best stuff once you first step foot into the game. That being said, I don't think skill points by themselves = more power.
    I didn't mean SP gives you more power, it allows you to gain more power. More skill points = allowing better weapons equipped = being more powerful then zones intended for lower SP.

Now replace SP with levels:

More levels = allowing better weapons equipped = being more powerful then zones intended for lower levels.

Thats the flaw with TSW, verticle gear progression.

If stats really did just flat out right from the start, this would be a better game. You would customizing your toon according to what stats you need which makes you more powerful but the problem is stat increasing doesn't stop.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-20 at 11:25 PM.

I didn't mean SP gives you more power, it allows you to gain more power. More skill points = allowing better weapons equipped = being more powerful then zones intended for lower SP.

Now replace SP with levels:

More levels = allowing better weapons equipped = being more powerful then zones intended for lower levels.

Thats the flaw with TSW, verticle gear progression.
    More levels = base change in stats. Skill points do not. They allow for better gear to be used which will increase stats. Again not to the extent levels do though. You can look at levels like hard content caps. Skill points as soft caps.

So both are gating methods one is hard, the other is soft. So I can't say skill points = levels.

Plus the difference in raw power between someone new and someone a year old is not like it is in other mmos, since you can go to the last zone and win technically, right after the starting area.

Plus lol, once you max skill points in 2 weapons you do not technically gain more raw power after that point. So in your terms a level 10 is = to level 85 raw power wise.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-20 at 11:31 PM.

More levels = base change in stats. Skill points do not allow for better gear to be used which will increase stats. Again not to the extent levels do though. You can look at levels like hard content caps. Skill points as soft caps.

So both are gating methods on is hard, the other is soft. So I can't say skill points = levels.
    Weapons do change your stats, and as you spend more SP for that specific weapon type you can get stronger weapons of the same type = higher stats, and it doesn't stop till you max out the weapon skills. That is the problem you are going to continuously get stronger you "outgear" a lot of things. It has similarity's to traditional levels.

You out gearing something is the same to me as out leveling something.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-20 at 11:34 PM.

Weapons do change your stats, and as you spend more SP for that specific weapon type you can get stronger weapons of the same type = higher stats, and it doesn't stop till you max out the weapon skills, and that's the problem you are going to continuously get stronger you "outgear" a lot of things. It has similarity's to traditional levels.

You out gearing something is the same to me as out leveling something.
    amazing what a period does for a sentence sorry bout that.

But yes they similarities. Like both are means of transportation, but one is a car the other is a boast
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-20 at 11:35 PM.

amazing what a period does for a sentence sorry bout that.
    Added a period

It's just my issue, I don't want to outgear something so amazing when I go back to it, it still has that amazing factor. It wont be faceroll :/

Added a period
    I was talking about my quote that read "Skill points do not add" lol I had to add a period and the word they. scroll up.

I was talking about my quote that read "Skill points do not add" lol I had to add a period and the word they. scroll up.
    Ahh I see, though my point still stands about vertical stats.

Eventually I will run out of things to do because I outgear content, just like WoW,rift, everything else. I will be waiting for content patches for months for something new to do and I'd rather not go down that road again.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-20 at 11:40 PM.

Ahh I see, though my point still stands about vertical stats.
    Sorta I like the fact that we can even discuss something like this in a age of same old same, no questions asked.