Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    525 abilities combined ANYway you want. This game is anti cookie cutter.
    My definition of cookie cutter is take some abilities from one part of the abilitie wheel (sword) and mix it with another (chaos magic).

The meh factor here is that it has subscription and cash shop that seems to be quite packed with features that will not be available in game you pay for monthly by default. Funcom should pick one ... either ppl pay subscription or they fund the game through extensive cash shop, dlc packs and similar.
    The cash shop hasn't been released, and its also for cosmetic quality of life things. Things you don't need but if you want you can buy them. Funcom isn't expecting you to use it, its there because its there and since its there with a subscription fee, I predict that the items you can buy will be very cheap.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pax East Day 2 - More excited nerds!!!!

Last edited by bcbully; 2012-04-08 at 06:22 PM.

http://www.jeuxonline.info/video/499...-egypte-donjon

Found the illuminati stater vid.

I must say, I like how many times they say fuck in the illuminati.

also no new info from paxx

what the fuc....
    Last edited by zito; 2012-04-09 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks for posting the vid

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    http://www.jeuxonline.info/video/499...-egypte-donjon

Found the illuminati stater vid.

I must say, I like how many times they say fuck in the illuminati.

also no new info from paxx

what the fuc....

Lumies for life baybeeee!!!

I wish this release date wasn't so far away. I'd really like to not have it compete with GW2 right away, but I feel like GW2 is going to be released at about the same time as this

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I wish this release date wasn't so far away. I'd really like to not have it compete with GW2 right away, but I feel like GW2 is going to be released at about the same time as this
    GW2 is B2P so it doesn't have to compete with anything.

GW2 is B2P so it doesn't have to compete with anything.

Except my time since I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to be playing both.

Deleted
    Tbh that combat looks extremely wonky. Animations and gun sound aren't to impressive either imo.

Nice thing is though, I'm pretty sure that 1 chick has it's voice done by the woman who does the Malkavian in Vampire: Bloodlines.

Deleted
    I got into the closed beta, but somehow the game doesnt convince me... i dunno really.
    Tried out a Dragon with a Shotgun...and it felt a little like Left 4 Dead (that coop FPS) for poor people...
    Basicly you run around as a Group of 4 (?), shooting Zombielike creatures and level up as you go...
    But this whole setting isnt groundbreaking and new, like i said...we had that alrerady in L4D, and they done it so much better

Dont think i'll be buying this...i rather stick around with swtor + diablo3 and waste my life

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Tbh that combat looks extremely wonky. Animations and gun sound aren't to impressive either imo.

Nice thing is though, I'm pretty sure that 1 chick has it's voice done by the woman who does the Malkavian in Vampire: Bloodlines.
    Animations for human NPCs and PCs are not, I believe, completed. Only monsters have been finished (which is why most of their trailers feature beasts).

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    I got into the closed beta, but somehow the game doesnt convince me... i dunno really.
    Tried out a Dragon with a Shotgun...and it felt a little like Left 4 Dead (that coop FPS) for poor people...
    Basicly you run around as a Group of 4 (?), shooting Zombielike creatures and level up as you go...
    But this whole setting isnt groundbreaking and new, like i said...we had that alrerady in L4D, and they done it so much better

Dont think i'll be buying this...i rather stick around with swtor + diablo3 and waste my life
    Thank you for your input! I don't know... the fact that it feels, to you, like L4D is more of an incentive to play it.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post

I wont be choosing shotgun, I'll take dual pistols and Chaos magic... possibly sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    Thank you for your input! I don't know... the fact that it feels, to you, like L4D is more of an incentive to play it.
    There is really no better game to compair it to...
    Its also coop, it got guns..and you have to fight off shitloads of mobs...

But the Game doesnt look good, the whole engine...the animations etc...looks pretty much like last century :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

I was thinking the same thing, while the game does look a lot better than when I first saw it those casting animation really aren't gonna win any praise.

Animations for human NPCs and PCs are not, I believe, completed. Only monsters have been finished (which is why most of their trailers feature beasts).
    Just because they suck doesn't mean its not completed. I agree and I think everyone agrees they suck, however I personally don't believe they are going to replace them any time soon as they have been there awhile.
    There is really no better game to compair it to...
    Its also coop, it got guns..and you have to fight off shitloads of mobs...
    Not to be rude but first of all you are 1) in the first area which is the zombie area and 2) using a shotgun, so the first thing you are going to compare it to is L4D, did I mention it was the first zone?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-04-09 at 08:39 PM.

Just because they suck doesn't mean its not completed. I agree and I think everyone agrees they suck, however I personally don't believe they are going to replace them any time soon as they have been there awhile.
    Yeah, but they do suck ^^. The starting video for illuminaty with the girl talking ... it looks like she is training ventriloquism, but isn't very good at it yet. Fixing that would be on top of my to do list if I was Funcom. Hint hint.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye-IyX656Qk

8 min gameplay video at pax.

Look at how smooth the jump backwards and throws grenade is!
    Yeah, but they do suck ^^. The starting video for illuminaty with the girl talking ... it looks like she is training ventriloquism, but isn't very good at it yet. Fixing that would be on top of my to do list if I was Funcom. Hint hint.
    What funcom neglected and is one of the biggest things in the secret world is the characters. I mean thats a big thing that defines this game. Their movement, animations, and customization is a big deal and they neglected it. I mean this is suppose to be modern day mmo, yet all we see is 5 foot 8" skinny people? I wan't to make a short old man or a fat teenager like there is in real life...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna keep an eye on this game still, even though the game-play makes me cringe a little. There are after all a lot of great ideas going into it, if only for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    This game has the stench of EA all over it, reeking of Failure.
    I thought EA just got on board a couple months ago for north american distribution? Can't mean much since the game has been in development for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Don't underestimate EA's potential of fucking up something.
    I'll agree to that. But EA has been hands-off with this game.
    I'm still thinking about it...