Deleted
    Really curious how this game will turn out. Personally im really excited for a mmo which aint fantasy (elves etc:P) and the whole idea behind this game seems amasing. However watching some older videos i wasnt impressed either by graphics or how combat felt :-s
    So yea i guess just need to wait and see. Hoping for an awesome game!

IMO the game has def improved but to me it still feels a little "stiff", combat is a little smoother then previous builds, and they have optimized it alot more then it was (i purposely have a very low end machine to beta test with, IMO if a game can't cater to a wide range of people, including the lower end computers, then it will lose out) and it runs nice now, not great but good enough to play.

Yeah the story is a bit all over the place in Kingsmouth but you just gotta remember where about you was when you got that first quest which leads you to other side of map, and go back to make sure you finish up the "easier" quests before some hulking machine rips you a new ass ^^

Overall very promising game and i'll be keeping an eye on it now as it's improved alot IMO from last time i wrote on here about TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherkkan View Post
    Really curious how this game will turn out. Personally im really excited for a mmo which aint fantasy (elves etc:P) and the whole idea behind this game seems amasing. However watching some older videos i wasnt impressed either by graphics or how combat felt :-s
    So yea i guess just need to wait and see. Hoping for an awesome game!
    The old videos looked terrible because of unfinished textures and animations. The game isn't gorgeous, but I think it looks pretty damn good. The voice acting is very well done and the story starts to come together nicely. I stand by my opinion that the things that will hurt this game the most is the slow start and the sub model. Also of impact will be the differences in UI elements, since people are adverse to change; pressing B to open a browser instead of bags and type "/g" to type to group instead of guild will put some people off (which is kind of a dumb reason to not play a game).

My beta time was time well spent. I think anybody with an open mind that can make an effort to not compare the game to any other MMOs they've played will enjoy this game, at least for a little while.

I think the graphics can only be debated in terms of taste. Technically TSW is the most graphically advanced MMO ever. Funcom and Nvidia have been working together for awhile. The just officially became partners.

Most graphically advanced MMO?

What is this opinion based on? Somehow I couldn't see anything "advanced" when looking at videos.
    Care to link some video backing up your opinion?
    Last edited by procne; 2012-06-07 at 01:54 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I think it has to do with tessellation rendering and lighting effects. Playing on ultra settings, the game definitely looks like it could make those claims. I don't know, though, since I'm not really savvy in that area.

From http://www.geforce.com/games-applica...e-secret-world :

The Secret World
    Featuring DirectX 11 effects, tessellation, server-side PhysX, and a number of other niceties, The Secret World is the world’s most technologically advanced massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
    Also:

Technologically, The Secret World is the most advanced MMORPG to date, boasting DirectX 11 effects, tessellation, ambient occlusion, FXAA anti-aliasing, and a number of other niceties. At launch, or following sometime thereafter, The Secret World will also support 2D Surround, 3D Vision, 3D Vision Surround, and our brand new TXAA anti-aliasing, introduced alongside the GeForce GTX 680. For further details, check out our in-depth tech video interview with Rui Casais, Funcom’s Chief Technology Officer.
    I have no idea what any of that tech stuff is.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-06-07 at 02:13 PM.

That could as well mean TSW will have enabled some brand new GPU hardware functions, which may sky rocket hardware requirements, lower fps, with only slightly visible difference. Actually does the engine have to actively support it or does it simply tell the GPU "use FXAA" here?

But that's just my skepticism and anti-hype protection.

Still, with all those modern goodies, I haven't seen any video which would make me excited about graphics. And I'm the type of guy who is still impressed by Homeworld 1 and Deus Ex HR graphics.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

TBH and IMO all this flashy stuff don't sell a game to me, it has to have...

A good story that grabs you *check*
    Combat that feels smooth and responsive *semi check* (sometimes the combat feels a little "stiff" and not every attack has the *power* feel it should have)
    Game play that encourages you to keep going *check*

Flashy GFX comes a distinct last for me (although i do like a game to look good no matter what) which is why i test on a low end machine for the most part, IMO you have to cater for the people who don't own all the latest tech.

Normally I don't buy into graphics. A game can be gorgeous but play like a polished turd.

TSW however is very reliant on its setting to set the mood (which they do wonderfully) and anything that can help with the visual representation of that mood is a boon. Plus graphics have never been super-important in MMOs since they've either been high fantasy or sci-fi. A real-world setting isn't going to be convincing if the graphics aren't up to snuff, which I think TSW's are. If they try to sell this game on "hey look this shit's awesome," well, I don't really know what to say about that. It's like trying to sell a Porsche with "it's got a really good audio system."

Procne I don't blame you for being anti-hype. Gamers have been burned way too often over the past few years with promises of "the best game ever coming soon."

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I think the graphics can only be debated in terms of taste. Technically TSW is the most graphically advanced MMO ever. Funcom and Nvidia have been working together for awhile. The just officially became partners.
    They may be working together but as far as graphical fidelity, especially when you base it on how WELL it runs with a given graphical setup, it's not.

TERA, Blade and Soul, Archage (and others) all surpass the graphical fidelity in TSW, and TERA runs MUCH smoother than TSW does (granted this is based off of beta weekend testing so improvements are still being made). TSW has great atmosphere and amazing settings, but as far as the fidelity goes it is definitely lacking in areas.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    They may be working together but as far as graphical fidelity, especially when you base it on how WELL it runs with a given graphical setup, it's not.

TERA, Blade and Soul, Archage (and others) all surpass the graphical fidelity in TSW, and TERA runs MUCH smoother than TSW does (granted this is based off of beta weekend testing so improvements are still being made). TSW has great atmosphere and amazing settings, but as far as the fidelity goes it is definitely lacking in areas.
    Plus the general consensus is that it runs like crap on machines with ATI/AMD cards.

Deleted
    when will it release , whats the release date

July 3rd unless it gets delayed again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed up for the next beta weekend but I was sad that I have to buy it. I thought it was F2P but oh well. I doubt I'll buy it but is it P2P or B2P?
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

I think using the word fidelity when talking about graphics just sounds silly, its like trying to shoe horn a buzz word into a place its not needed. I know I am coming across as pedantic but ohh well. Words aside from my experience TSW runs extremely well, I have tested it on a core 2 duo with a GT9800 and it performed very well, I also tested it on AMD phenom and a 260 GTX and again performance was excellent, high 40's to 60 FPS, very little slow down even in populated areas and dungeons, The only issue performance related I had experienced was slight rubber banding but this has been a rare occurrence. I would say in my experience TSW is very smooth upto this point and known issues taking into consideration, things will change come live and I don't see it going down hill in performance.

and

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Signed up for the next beta weekend but I was sad that I have to buy it. I thought it was F2P but oh well. I doubt I'll buy it but is it P2P or B2P?
    yes its a buy the game + pay a subscription, also has an option for a grand master account upgrade for $200 that gives you a lifetime subscription. think it works out around the same if you payed for 14 months. something like that. personally I think $200 + $50 for the game itself is a little pricy.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-06-08 at 01:07 AM.

I stand by my opinion that the features have been sugar coated. After playing closed beta more, its an ok game. Not worth 15$ a month.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I stand by my opinion that the features have been sugar coated. After playing closed beta more, its an ok game. Not worth 15$ a month.
    What features are those? Everything they said would be there is there, and is better than I expected. To those of you who have read interviews and/or browsed through the site, what you saw is what is in the game.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-06-08 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    What features are those? Everything they said would be there is there, and is better than I expected. To those of you who have read interviews and/or browsed through the site, what you saw is what is in the game.
    I've heard some groaning over "classless" and "level-less" because of the weapon/ability limit and how SP work. That's hardly sugar-coating, though. Other than that, I can't begin to think of what features could be sugar-coated. He probably just doesn't like the game, which is fine. Lots of people won't.

People these days don't know how to approach a new MMO properly, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What exactly has been sugar coated ? as others above have stated. funcom have been fairly open about what you are getting and how it works. and they have delivered on that. and dude $15 per month it's not exactly unexpected, you pay the same for wow, or swtor in fact across the board of subscription based games are all around the same. $15 per month and for hours of entertainment is nothing. its not an investment, you aint going to cash it in after 10 years. its entertainment. when it stops being entertaining you stop paying. fairly simple, no ?

If anything Funcom has been pretty conservative about describing what is going to be in the game.