Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    Nope even in 7 windows 64 you still get memory leaks, it even happens if you leave the game running on the log on screen for a length of time.
    Are you sure your RAM is OK? How much RAM do you have? RAM is very cheap. I bought 8 GB for 50 EUR the other day.

My loading screen is near instant, but it is in every game. WoW, MoP, TERA, GW2, SWTOR (OK that one is the slowest). I use SSD, and mechanical SATA2 + RAID0 for games I don't often play. SSDs are afforable nowadays.

On my previous graphics card and before SSD with SWTOR I lowered my settings. That improved performance in WZ and also loading screens. There's nothing like waiting 2 minutes in Corellia before you can do your dailies... (which are boring as hell anyway, but that is a different discussion)

lots of popup and shader/lightmap switching in PVP when I played

has anyone had a good PVP game yet, I was the only person when I played

Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    lots of popup and shader/lightmap switching in PVP when I played

has anyone had a good PVP game yet, I was the only person when I played
    I've had quite a few really good matches. With the stat splat they did, it's a lot more balanced and I wasn't getting 2-shot anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Those templar decks are drool-worthy. Shame the character animations wont do them justice. =(
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Is it just me or does it make sense to play this game in first person view. Feels a bit like playing Skyrim. Also covers up the animations.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, doesn't make sense to play it in 1st person. Unless you've played other non-FPS MMOs in 1st person. And honestly, animations aren't even bad. Don't know what everyone is crying about.

Get up outta your chair and mimic any one of the casting animations from WoW, TOR, or TERA. Now mimic the casting animations from TSW.

Which one felt more natural? TSW's did. They're not flashy because they're not supposed to be; they're supposed to look natural. Granted, they do look a little stiff, but you won't dislocate a shoulder or tweak your back like you would in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Get up outta your chair and mimic any one of the casting animations...
    I think my wife would think I'm crazier than I already am...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Get up outta your chair and mimic any one of the casting animations from WoW, TOR, or TERA. Now mimic the casting animations from TSW.

Which one felt more natural? TSW's did. They're not flashy because they're not supposed to be; they're supposed to look natural. Granted, they do look a little stiff, but you won't dislocate a shoulder or tweak your back like you would in other games.
    Are we playing the same game? O.o The one where the blood magic stance looked like the guy was constantly about to catch a flying chair... or a dual pistol animation where the user fanned them in front of himself, sideways, only to shoot strait ahead with perfect single target accuracy... or sword animations that more resembled drunken baseball night?

I liked the game... but it's pretty widely agreed upon at the moment that the animations were pretty garbage, and apparently used to be even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey!! Don't bring Dual Pistols into this! I happen to like them! Can't vouch much for the magic animations though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Hey!! Don't bring Dual Pistols into this! I happen to like them! Can't vouch much for the magic animations though.
    Actually I liked them too.

If I do end up getting a free copy of the game through work, I'll be a pistols templar for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    No, doesn't make sense to play it in 1st person. Unless you've played other non-FPS MMOs in 1st person. And honestly, animations aren't even bad. Don't know what everyone is crying about.
    I don't know. To fully enjoy the atmosphere I feel like 1st person view works better for me. And I am going to play the game for the atmosphere.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I would buy this game if it didn't have a subscription fee, but sadly, it has one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I would buy this game if it didn't have a subscription fee, but sadly, it has one.
    Pretty much this... unfortunately I can't warrant the price of the game plus $15 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the "Would buy if no sub fee" club, too. Even if it was B2P I would get it. I'm a fan of B2P/F2P now.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm in the "Would buy if no sub fee" club, too. Even if it was B2P I would get it. I'm a fan of B2P/F2P now.
    I'd probably give it a shot as well, but I know I won't commit to the game enough, since it might be something I casually play a few times a month. I really hate sub fees. :\

More games imo need to go F2P, or the very least B2P. Just from the viewpoint of the consumer, it's so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'd probably give it a shot as well, but I know I won't commit to the game enough, since it might be something I casually play a few times a month. I really hate sub fees. :\

More games imo need to go F2P, or the very least B2P. Just from the viewpoint of the consumer, it's so much better.
    F2P? That's a little much, don't you think? B2P is standard for all, F2P is usually web games and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    F2P? That's a little much, don't you think? B2P is standard for all, F2P is usually web games and such.
    Most MMO's are F2P nowadays. It's the norm rather than the exception.

Deleted
    most is a bit of an overstatement isn't it? all the big games are still monthly sub, altho SWTOR is talking about going F2P, but other then that i can't rly think of many F2P games that are moderately big