It IS possible to invite a "buddy" to try it for 24 hours but I think you can only invite a buddy once (as for now). Correct me if I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If I'm still enjoying this game when GW2 comes out, I have no problem playing both. Neither game has a hardcore time investment I think, so it's not really a big deal to spread your time between both games.
    I agree. I think I'll be able to play both. I don't feel pressured in TSW to get to the highest QL and grind anything out. There's always somebody around that I can group up with and knock some quests out, or I can just hop on and knock out a few missions solo. I like the no-pressure feel to the game, like I'm not missing out by taking my time. I imagine GW2 will feel the same.

god the templars sometimes just act like retards and do not attack the illuminati, makes me rage quit ....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know there are others who've been running Shotgun/Elemental combos! It's pretty great, especially now that Striker is fixed. Feels good hitting Cthulhu in the balls with Thor's Hammer.

Also, I swear to god, I haven't got to play GW2 yet, but if that game doesn't pay my rent/shine my shoes/get me access to private Steam sales/do my homework/scoop the cat litter, then I am considering it a disappointment. Seriously, I can't remember something being so overhyped since the Wii.

I haven't got to play GW2 yet
    uhh huh

but if that game doesn't pay my rent/shine my shoes/get me access to private Steam sales/do my homework/scoop the cat litter, then I am considering it a disappointment
    Then you might want to play it, because last time I checked.... nothing can do any of those except you or your sugar daddy.

Also:

Originally Posted by StrangeCase View Post
    When you said "adventure zones" did you mean the size of Kingsmouth or the size of Egypt/Transylvania etc.?
    And does auxiliary weapon just mean another weapon, or it is something new like a third weapon?
    ARGH CAN'T REALLY ANSWER WILL GET IN TROUBLE

So the upcoming adventure zones will not be as massive as all of Solomon Island combined, but more like the size of Kingsmouth -- big enough for 20-30 hours of gameplay, plus instances and...surprises. Lots and lots of surprises.

The weapons are not going to be standard weapons. We're calling them auxiliary weapons -- or maybe ancillary weapons is a better term? -- for a reason.

SAID TOO MUCH TROUBLE INCOMING GAH
    Ragnar gonna be in trouble, R.I.P.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-11 at 08:27 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

May I have a buddy invite if it exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen Ragnar's "State of the Game" post, thats a lot of stuff they plan to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Have you seen Ragnar's "State of the Game" post, thats a lot of stuff they plan to live up to.
    I am skeptical but hopeful on that. I've heard it before but maybe Funcom can pull it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    this is the best outlook and state of game I have ever read.
    Monthly events.. free mission packs... seasonal events for Halloween and Christmas.
    Above all, Ragnar Tornquist is the most active game director ever seen on a user forum.. he is responding very frequently.

TSW amazes me every day

Ciphers! I'm in heaven

aaaaand we are owning fausang. btw can someone tell me what the score is for ? is it a reward at end of the week ? what kind of reward ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    aaaaand we are owning fausang. btw can someone tell me what the score is for ? is it a reward at end of the week ? what kind of reward ?
    whenever my faction rules in PvP I notice I get a huge buff during questing. The PvP status has a realtime impact on everyone in the faction. Don't know about the end of the week rewards yet...
    you always see the faction war status in the pvp overview window.

anyway.. this is incredibly rewarding, every time you win in PvP the whole faction profits... brilliant. I love Secret World. The ultimate salvation. So many things done right.. my MMO dream came true
    Last edited by mmocf0ef34080b; 2012-07-12 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Ciphers! I'm in heaven
    The Big Terrible Picture?

I hate the crystal part of that mission mostly because of other players.

I caved in and have decided to pick up the game on Friday after I get my paycheck. I suppose I'm just an MMO-Addict.

It is hard to get detailed information about the buddy program but if I got it right, the 24 hours is real time and not play time. Also the offer expires on the 15th of July!
    It could be kind of hard to get your hands on one until then as they are very limited (probably to not put too much pressure on servers) but they will most definitely offer more buddy programs with a longer play time in the future.

It might be hard to get your hands on a key before the weekend but you should browse TSW forums on Saturday as people that did not use them will hand them out to anyone as the offer expires anyway.

Official Announcement: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40597

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give one out so me and the person can level together! I'll probaly give out my buddy code on fri/sat when I can play so we can play all night! If your interested just respond or PM me and 1 person will win the buddy code!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Even if you don't get a buddy invite I would recommend buying it, the 5 man dungeons are really intense from the start (the first dungeon is 10x harder then the sloppy DS dungeons in wow) , the questing is actually pretty fun and possibilities for specs are insane, if you don't like to test different specs like I do there are pre set decks which cover most roles and are very good. Also if you like investigations there is plenty of that aswell.

Negative sides is probably that it's no LFD there, although there is a ton of people playing atm and it seems to be an ok mix of tanks, healers and dps so it doesn't take that long to get a group.

Give it a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surpriced how easy it is to get into and the quest areas are pretty huge.

My boy picked up TSW last night. We got to do some quest together tonight. This game is so much fun playing with a friend and building synergies together. The game gets better and better even after playing 2 months in CB.

btw if you looking for some challenge and to play the game they way I think it was originally intended try this:

/option screen_waypoints 0" this turns off the waypoints
    /option screen_waypoints 1" this turns off the waypoints

Turn the way points off and dive in! Thanks Melieza!

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    uhh huh

Then you might want to play it, because last time I checked.... nothing can do any of those except you or your sugar daddy.

Also:

Ragnar gonna be in trouble, R.I.P.
    hahah nice find! I was wondering about the weapons, but finding the zones will be Kingsmouth size with instances was the icing on the cake!

15+ Year Old Account
    If anyone got a spare buddy invite - please pm me. Want to try it out before buying.
    Last edited by Taan; 2012-07-12 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    If you give bigger importance to combat over content, I don't think you are the target audience for this game. Combat is not the selling point of the game, it's a mix between GW1 and GW2 mechanics; nothing more, nothing less.
    It's a mix between WoW + GW2, with an emphasis on WoW. GW1 is not a good measure for comparison, since it's an entirely differen perspective. Even GW2 itself cannot be compared with GW1.

It's also not about desperately seeking combat and entirely neglecting any basic storyline(for me personally), it's just that the combat in TSW is really sort of bad. It feels like Richard Garriots Tabula Rasa, where you expect dynamic combat due to the presence of certain aspects (keeping it vague, because no direct comparison is possible), which were the FP-pov and the free aiming in TR, while it's the addition of dodge, the presence of certain attacks that are targetless and the amount of abilities that impair an opponent in TSW. Perhaps I believed it would be different at first and perhaps I'm disappointed due to my own misinterpretation of the system.

Long story short; some people can play detective games that only give you a first person view and a flashlight. I'd die out of boredom. TSW is pretty much the same for me. Combat feels extremely boring. You'll have to find your kick in the quests (and they are really, really well done. Beyond anything currently available) and if that works for you, this game is probably the best thing that's going to happen to you this year. Digitally speaking.

I'm contemplating to roll a tank in TSW instead of a dps, just to see how that works out for me, but there I go again, I want it to be a melee (as in, barehanded), so I'll have to pick up chaos + something and chaos has this utterly lame disc on their backs with which they don't do jack shit. My immersion broken that very second. And that's how I keep quitting classes that I play in favor of others, only to turn away after a while because things just don't add up.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-07-12 at 07:07 AM.