They've been tweaking animations (one of the pros of mo-cap) and performance on a regular basis. Game still runs rough on AMD cards. My Nvidia ran the game at max settings at 60fps. My AMD is technically better but chugs along at 20 on medium.

Yeah, I need to get a Nvidia card. Too many games just hate AMD : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap it went B2P? I might just be buying this now. The sub was the only thing really holding me back.

Very good news. I really wish the buy to play model would catch on in the mmo world. I really applaud this move by Funcom.

If anybody starts playing/playing again, my character's nickname is Melisande. Grouping/chatting isn't limited by dimension or faction, btw.

B2P you say? I enjoyed the atmosphere of the game during the beta. Might have to pick this up now.

What's the state of the game right now?

Never played the beta or anything, just remember that it was interesting. Torn between this and GW2 right now.
    Also I have a Radeon 6950 which makes me a bit skeptical from what peeps said above.

can still get the game new from ebay for about 20$. comes with a month sub that should work into points for the CS. enjoy.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

TSW should've been B2P in the first place. I mean they put in a cash shop AT LAUNCH. YOU DONT DO THAT FOR A SUB BASED GAME.
    In fact it doesn't even make any difference if a cash shop is added several years after launch(WoW). If you pay a sub you should get every single bit of content there is and shouldn't have to shell out any more cash.

The only exception are expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    TSW should've been B2P in the first place. I mean they put in a cash shop AT LAUNCH. YOU DONT DO THAT FOR A SUB BASED GAME.
    In fact it doesn't even make any difference if a cash shop is added several years after launch(WoW). If you pay a sub you should get every single bit of content there is and shouldn't have to shell out any more cash.

The only exception are expansions.
    The cash shop didn't have content. It had clothes. Nobody was missing out on anything by not using the cash shop, unless you count recolored clothing as content. I do agree that it (and all other MMOs, for that matter) should be B2P from the get-go.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good on Funcom for making the game B2P. Definitely my favorite MMO when it comes to leveling, environment, and story.

I actually plan on playing the game again, whereas I probably never would have returned had the sub remained intact.

Just started playing again now that it is b2p

Awesome that it's B2P, I'll have to come back and check out some of the new content.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redownloading now. I'm very, very excited to jump back into the game without a subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, time to reinstall! I remember trying it out just before MoP hit, and I really enjoyed pretty much everything! Combat, questing(oh, GOD, the questing <3), progression system... hell, you know research will be important when the damn game has a built-in web browser xD
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    you know research will be important when the damn game has a built-in web browser xD
    I feel like one of Buffy's or Angel's crew, researching the big bad that needs an ass-whuppin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    They finally did it!

They should have launched the game with the model they are using now. Now all they need to do is remarket the game and it will sell.

A few months ago Funcom sent me a questionnaire about TSW. One of the questions was "what would make you play The Secret World" and I answered "no sub fee". So there we go, I just ordered a physical copy as it was a bit cheaper than digital download. Although I really should have bought it when it was on sale on Origin (14,95 €).

I really, really enjoyed what I experienced of the game. I liked the dark atmosphere, I liked the weapon / skill trees, I enjoyed the story quite a bit.

2 reasons I was unwilling to pay a sub for it:

Win7 32 bit, the game crashed. A lot. And my settings had to remain relatively low to keep the game at a playable frame rate for me.
    I don't know anyone else playing the game.

I'm also subbed to another game, but the above stability issues meant TSW wasn't an option as a sub game for me.

I honestly expected them to go this route eventually, I simply didn't expect it to happen this quickly. The change was exciting news for me, when I got up.