Deleted
    Guess I will have to google every single thing I find in the game lol

Deleted
    Without a doubt you will need the ingame browser for investigation quests, but i guess that's why it's there and some of them are brutally hard or maybe i am just thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    The part in which you have to find the next place and the clue talks about gods and kings and you have to enter a password which is 120 and the place is the Priests house. I had to google for a guide since I got stuck there for almost an hour.
    Yeah ... that one is crazy. Bible is something I try to avoid

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I didnt realize that was it. It looked to me to be how many spoints Ive spent in that Weapon Tier, not how many points I have available to how many Ive spent in the tier.
    Oh, you can also mouse over your XP bar at the bottom and it'll show you how many unspent AP and SP you have. Forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Guess I will have to google every single thing I find in the game lol
    Keep in mind that many of the investigation missions are designed for google - just not googling the mission solution, googling the contents of the mission .

The Binding is probably one of my favorite investigation missions yet. That whole Sentinels storyline is amazing, and learning about their origins got me a little choked up. I absolutely LOVE Hemitneter, and the rest of her siblings are great too.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yay or nay to buying The Secret World? Only have enough left for one more online purchase
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

I think the last few pages are a pretty resounding yea.

Deleted
    It's an amazing MMO with puzzles and going around finding stuff but still keeping the essence of every MMO with a lot of combat and a truly, great atmosphere. (copy&pasted one of my last posts )

Definitly worth the buy, it's amazing how well designed is the story of every quest-giver, the atmosphere is as I said amazing, and the Investigation missions? Oh boy, those are great if you want to make your head think

Deleted
    I'm looking to pick it up before the end of the sale period but was hoping it would turn up somewere cheaper - not because i dont think its worth its current price (~£18 on steam) but because i dont have much free cash until after the first week of January.

Deleted
    If you get it before December 31 you get a Initiate Pack with some weapons and points to spend in the in-game store for cosmetics. Those points can be spent on future expansions too.

In addition to what Holymorph said, you'll also get Issue 5 included with your purchase.

Deleted
    I'm really starting to think that FunCom should spend some of the money they got from the b2p/steam sales on marketing and publicity, if more people knew about this game i'm sure a HUGE number of people would be playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those who believes "the more people the better the game is", I just believe that this game is truly amazing, I have never been that hooked up to an MMO since 2008 when I started playing WoW.

EDIT: Thinking about this b2p model and how addicted to TSW currently I am, I remembered about GW2 and how bored I got about it after +50 hours of play. If TSW had that publicity, oh man...
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2012-12-30 at 11:15 PM.

I'm looking for a new game after TOR. I find myself with the need to actually play another game that is interactive. I saw this game when it was first released. But I paused on buying it because I did not want to buy a MMO that failed. However since this thread reaching 150 and pretty active. I'm considering playing it.

Is there any advice that you would give new comers?

Also it says the game model is free to try out. When I try to download it it asks for my information such as which payment I would be using..

Deleted
    Get it through Steam, it's at 22€ and if you get it before December 31 you get a nice Initiate Pack with some weapons, points to spend on the in-game store for cosmetics or future expansions, and you also get the Issue 5 (like a DLC) for free.

I recommend you reading the last 2 pages from this thread, I started playing it two days ago and you will find a lot of information on this thread since I have been asking a lot and I give some impressions after playing it by myself.

All I can say to you after reading the word "interactive" on your post is YES, buy it, you are going to love it. It may feel difficult at the beginning because of how skills work but you will get used to it within a few hours.

As for why its asking for information, I believe most MMO's are like that on registering. You can immediately take out your CC details from their website after registration if that worries you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    As for why its asking for information, I believe most MMO's are like that on registering. You can immediately take out your CC details from their website after registration if that worries you.
    Here is what I do not get. It says I can play for free right away. When I try to download it. It clicks me a check out for buying the digital game with DLC for 20 dollars. I thought this game was free to try out? their is a total of 20 dollars at the bottom so I believe It wants me to check out the option. I thought though we could play it without buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Here is what I do not get. It says I can play for free right away. When I try to download it. It clicks me a check out for buying the digital game with DLC for 20 dollars. I thought this game was free to try out? their is a total of 20 dollars at the bottom so I believe It wants me to check out the option. I thought though we could play it without buying it.
    It's B2P, no sub, like GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's B2P, no sub, like GW2.
    That sounds somewhat interesting. When it first arrived. I thought it just another MMO. However reading the last few pages. People seem to take a strong liking to it. I'll try it out and see how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That sounds somewhat interesting. When it first arrived. I thought it just another MMO. However reading the last few pages. People seem to take a strong liking to it. I'll try it out and see how I like it.
    It's definitely not just another mmo. But the question will still remain will you enjoy the style of this mmo. The B2P model surely makes it a lot more approachable though.