Picked this up on impulse because I've been looking for an MMO that can hold me for more than "loldungeongetgear" kind of dealy.

I'm only a little bit into Kingsport thingy place. But holy jesus, this game feels amazing so far. I'm getting some slowdown which I can't work out if it's lag or FPS issues (I'm not running on high graphics). But combat isn't terrible (actually using a Katana speccing the defensive things is pretty fun), the story elements and the atmosphere are amazing.

How long can it hold me? I dunno. But there's no sub, so who cares. It's a pretty fantastic experience at the moment.

Deleted
    Just picked this up in the amazon sale, it's $12.99 atm if you have the editors choice discount. Downloading it and looking forward to playing today although I have no clue what I'm doing as I've done zero research.

Hmm I can get it from Origin at about 15$. The question is - if I buy there will I be forced to download and install Origin? I can't really check it now since apparently Origin shop is blocked at my office. So does anyone know?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    The options are: Fullscreen, Windowed, Windowed (borderless). While Windowed (borderless) may appear to act as Windowed Fullscreen, on a multi monitor setup, trust me its not.
    It works perfectly for two monitors, is it funky or something on more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Hmm I can get it from Origin at about 15$. The question is - if I buy there will I be forced to download and install Origin? I can't really check it now since apparently Origin shop is blocked at my office. So does anyone know?
    Is your question "To buy on Origin do I need to have Origin?" ? Because if so, the answer is probably yes. Don't get it on Origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    Is your question "To buy on Origin do I need to have Origin?" ? Because if so, the answer is probably yes. Don't get it on Origin.
    Hmm, more like - do I need Origin installed to play TSW after buying it there? I assume you don't need to install it just to buy, although probably I would need an account there.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I think it's like SWTOR, you don't need to have Origin to play it even if you buy it from there. The client can be downloaded from the Secret World website.

great, thank you. If Steam doesn't offer something better than -60% today then I will probably buy it at Origin

Amazon offer is still bit more expensive than what Origin offers. And with Origin I can pay with my national currency and don't have to pretend I'm from US

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon offer is still bit more expensive than what Origin offers. And with Origin I can pay with my national currency and don't have to pretend I'm from US
    Ive never ordered a game on Amazon, but when buying digitally there is something to be said about the confidence that Steam (Origin, even though its EA) give knowing that the game will always be available for download as long as there are servers to play it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    To be fair... I play sims 3 and a couple of other EA games, and find Origin less of a pain than Steam... of course thats just my personal experience. They have some decent offers for downloads at times. Just thought I would add my personal experience as a origin user thats had no issues personally

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Ive never ordered a game on Amazon, but when buying digitally there is something to be said about the confidence that Steam (Origin, even though its EA) give knowing that the game will always be available for download as long as there are servers to play it on.
    Amazon stores the game keys and download links on your account. It's very reliable and I've had to re-download a handful of games from Amazon. I had no trouble with them at all.

EDIT: If you enjoy Ragnar's writing in TSW, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall are bundled together and on sale on Steam for the next couple of hours. They're older adventure games (which means the gameplay is basically nonexistent) but the story is great and the third installment is in development.
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-01-02 at 11:58 PM.

Just "bought" TSW digital on Origin. After entering my cc information I was told that my order is "being processed" and that I don't "have to" make second order. That they will inform me about results within 48 hours and in the meantime I can check my order history. I check order history and it's empty, with info that new orders may take up to 30 minutes to appear there. I didn't get any confirmation mail or any other message with game key, nowhere on Origin page I can check my games.

And this was a digital version of a game...

Just "bought" TSW digital on Origin. After entering my cc information I was told that my order is "being processed" and that I don't "have to" make second order. That they will inform me about results within 48 hours and in the meantime I can check my order history. I check order history and it's empty, with info that new orders may take up to 30 minutes to appear there. I didn't get any confirmation mail or any other message with game key, nowhere on Origin page I can check my games.

And this was a digital version of a game...
    Origin has...issues : /

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Origin has...issues : /
    Origin had its wallet abused a couple times by Steam when it was a young adult.... never quite recovered.

Deleted
    I always wear a tinfoil hat when using origin and so far no problems.

Remember tinfoil hat

Ticket sent to customer support. Will see what they say. Game is probably waiting for me in Origin client, but terms of sale, nor game description, never said that Origin client will be required.

Ticket sent to customer support. Will see what they say. Game is probably waiting for me in Origin client, but terms of sale, nor game description, never said that Origin client will be required.
    It might be like the Gamefly client. I purchased GW2 from Gamefly, and had to install the client to get the key. Use the key, promptly uninstalled the client. I'd install Origin and check.

Deleted
    I didn't expect you to pull through that one.
    Who's awesome? You're awesome.
    Who is not awesome is whoever leaked the details of this deal to the Templars. He will never have a girlfriend.
    Q&A will initiate a clean sweep of the Labyrinth to root out the snake.
    Steer clear for a bit, you've recieved a get out of jail free card.
    Also, a promotion. Like a boss. Go about your business.
    Seriously, my one favourite "character" in the game is just a voice... I think that is a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Seriously, my one favourite "character" in the game is just a voice... I think that is a first.
    I love the Pyramidian. Have you talked to the girl in the server room yet? She's got some funny gossip lines too.