Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    I made it after like 30 minutes of trying and resetting 3 times >_<
    But Now i'm sad instead, just watched the issue 5 video and the quantum brace is freakin' awesome, and now i'm stuck with a rusty chainsaw :|
    The brace quest starts with Moose right outside the Kingsmouth Sheriff's Dept. It's a pain too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I'm sure it's been asked but I was wondering if there's a trial of this game.
    Someone said it disappeared after it went B2P, kinda weird.

Well, it's still there. You can google for "secret world buddy invite" and you will find plenty of forums where people exchange those. I have also sent mine to RICH1471, but I think he hasn't received it. So maybe it's there but doesn't work?
    I can try sending you one if you PM me your email.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Well, it's still there. You can google for "secret world buddy invite" and you will find plenty of forums where people exchange those. I have also sent mine to RICH1471, but I think he hasn't received it. So maybe it's there but doesn't work?
    I can try sending you one if you PM me your email.
    Sorry, it does not work. It appears they no longer allow buddy keys. I purchased the game regardless, not regretting it so far.

I've been seeing a lot of recruitment spam for multi-faction cabals here recently, but can't find any confirmation on whether or not it's true.

Deleted
    One thing I've noticed is how much I like the different characters in the game, It really feels like they are all different. Some of my favourites so far are Edgar, Saïd(My favourite mummy of all time <3), The Allseeing Eye(The Pyramidion?), Dr. Anton Aldini and probably more which I have forgotten, though it's really hard to favourize as so many of them are good. It's probably the first game that I actually take the time to listen to all the people, and what they have to say as it is usually really funny as well. And the voiceacting, oh the voiceacting is just amazing, throughout the entire game. I wish I could play more but even I need to sleep

Saïd is awesome! He's got a couple of great one-liners, not to mention he's so suave. I hope he's one of the characters that gets built upon more in the future. I really liked all of the sentinels too (Hemitneter is my favorite).

You tend to remember just about all of the characters because they have such great personalities and voice actors.

So the voice acting/cutscenes are done so much better than SWTOR (minus the fact that you never talk ever), I'd put them on par with most of the best single player games honestly. I'm still enjoying the gameplay, though now I've worked out wtf most things do it's slightly less novel. Regardless the questing has nice variety, some point soon I should feel capable of trying Polaris, and the questing is challenging (I'm mostly QL2) when you move from Kingsmouth to Savage Coast. I like challenging, and I like the way I'm not spoonfed everything and molly coddled.

Wish I had friends to play this with, but none of them want to. Would probably be more fun if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    So the voice acting/cutscenes are done so much better than SWTOR (minus the fact that you never talk ever), I'd put them on par with most of the best single player games honestly. I'm still enjoying the gameplay, though now I've worked out wtf most things do it's slightly less novel. Regardless the questing has nice variety, some point soon I should feel capable of trying Polaris, and the questing is challenging (I'm mostly QL2) when you move from Kingsmouth to Savage Coast. I like challenging, and I like the way I'm not spoonfed everything and molly coddled.

Wish I had friends to play this with, but none of them want to. Would probably be more fun if I did.
    You should be fine in Polaris as DPS in all QL2 gear, but if you're tank or healer you'd probably want to be QL3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    You should be fine in Polaris as DPS in all QL2 gear, but if you're tank or healer you'd probably want to be QL3.
    Yeah full tank build atm which is why I'm waiting until I get a bit more gear in Savage Coast

Yeah full tank build atm which is why I'm waiting until I get a bit more gear in Savage Coast
    The way the dungeons are placed, you should be able to complete them when you're about 3/4 of the way down with the zone they're in. As long as you have Agitator as a passive and a few survival CDs, you'll be fine. When learning to tank a dungeon the first time around, it's best to have a single target and AOE builder.

Same here, I prefer to play casually with IRL friends/acquaintances in MMO's. I met 3 other Norwegians (ca same age too) after a little while when I was playing/LFG'ing alone.
    I quickly became on of the regular in their group since I was a healer and they didn't have one until I came along. And the 4 of us made a really good group too.
    Then the game got so much more enjoyable.
    We took 5/5 of the first NM's with Master Planer etc, good times where had on our several attempts. ^^
    But after ca 2 months (around when Hell Eternal NM and Facility NM were released-ish) their interest in the game declined, and they played less and less, and now they haven't played TSW for the longest time since then.
    So now I was back to square one, and decided to take a MMO break since I had "no one" to play TSW with anymore.

I still prefer TSW over WoW, but in both games all my friends etc have stopped playing. :/

I guess I should make/meet new people in TSW soon. ^^

----------------------------

This has probably been posted before in this thread, but here it is again, this fan made trailer really makes me want to play TSW every time!

Deleted
    Just got to the City of the Sun God and it looks really awesome, I've also heard this is the place where the "hard part" of the game begins, where you actually have to use different types of spells on different mobs(because some of them are immune to certain things etc.). Though, For some reason I really long for Transylvania... It just looks... awesome, at least the way I imagine it with spruces- and pineforests.

Edit: I forgot Bach before! He is awesome as well, he even got me talking like him sometimes, god damit >

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Just got to the City of the Sun God and it looks really awesome, I've also heard this is the place where the "hard part" of the game begins, where you actually have to use different types of spells on different mobs(because some of them are immune to certain things etc.). Though, For some reason I really long for Transylvania... It just looks... awesome, at least the way I imagine it with spruces- and pineforests.

Edit: I forgot Bach before! He is awesome as well, he even got me talking like him sometimes, god damit >
    City of the Sun God was amazing imo. The storyline there is awesome (and somewhat historically "accurate" actually) and was part of the game that got me the most emotional. The Sentinels are well-acted and well-written, and the scenery is fantastic.

Transylvania blew my mind. Forget everything you thought you ever knew about Transylvania (unless you live there lol). While City of the Sun God introduces some tough mobs, Transylvania has some downright heinous mobs. The storyline and scenery are great though, and the atmosphere (to me) is the best in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started Egypt, and after not enjoying Blue Mountain(My friends told me about the steep jump from Ql5 > 6 > 6.5ish, but it was harsh as hell). I am enjoying Egypt much more. I hope the instance there is just as good as the previous ones, because I love the instances in this game. It is more involving than WoW's has been for 5-6 years.

Deleted
    Transylvania blew my mind. Forget everything you thought you ever knew about Transylvania (unless you live there lol).
    It's not that badly researched indeed. While the story itself takes insane liberties with some folklore, societal facts and history, the actual areas and people are fairly accurately made, the transylvanian architecture, the hospitality and mood of the type of people who live up there, the kinds of scenery you'd find and the layouts of the towns. The only two things that really bugged me is that they used a lot of Romanian words in speech without actually bothering to pronounce them correctly and the general style of the churches portrayed is way, way off the kinds of churches you'd find in Transylvania. But well, that's being nitpicky :P

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    It's not that badly researched indeed. While the story itself takes insane liberties with some folklore, societal facts and history, the actual areas and people are fairly accurately made, the transylvanian architecture, the hospitality and mood of the type of people who live up there, the kinds of scenery you'd find and the layouts of the towns. The only two things that really bugged me is that they used a lot of Romanian words in speech without actually bothering to pronounce them correctly and the general style of the churches portrayed is way, way off the kinds of churches you'd find in Transylvania. But well, that's being nitpicky :P
    Did you come across any bad grammar or translations? I love the sound of Romanian, but there were a few words that just didn't sound right to me, but I'm not fluent by any means.

They did take a lot of liberties with the folklore, especially with Dracula's storyline. I was surprised when I stumbled across the Iele; I had heard she was a pretty obscure bit of folklore. The post-Cold War feel in the Besieged Farmlands felt pretty good to me, but I've not been to that part of Romania so I can't comment on the accuracy of anything (Bucharest is gorgeous, totally jealous that you live there).

Personally, Kingsmouth had the most atmospheric weight for me. I've always preferred small-scale story telling, so just getting wrapped up in the events of one little town and seeing how much it's been affected by some strange occurrence carried a lot more than the other zones did. I blew through Egypt in an afternoon and really didn't get any sense of scope or impact out of that one, though the City of the Sun God is a different animal altogether and I really don't count them as being the same zone. Transylvania has me stuck though and I've been having a hard time dealing with a particular boss. I've been enjoying the overall setting there and I love the tweaks to the classic lore, especially in regards to the forest spirits. I really like the vampires' design since I always wondered in the past 'why don't vampires just bundle up and walk around in the day whenever they like?'

I've only just started playing (got it for Christmas), but so far I'm loving TSW. There's a steep learning curve to be sure, but I'm enjoying having to actually learn how to play instead of just hopping on and feeling like I'm running through another version of WoW. Plus the horror-themes and atmosphere are fantastic. It's a refreshing change from the generic high fantasy of most MMOs. My only major complaint so far is that the three secret societies don't have much impact on the game, other than for flavor. I was hoping for a lot of organization-specific missions.

Deleted
    Did you come across any bad grammar or translations? I love the sound of Romanian, but there were a few words that just didn't sound right to me, but I'm not fluent by any means.

They did take a lot of liberties with the folklore, especially with Dracula's storyline. I was surprised when I stumbled across the Iele; I had heard she was a pretty obscure bit of folklore. The post-Cold War feel in the Besieged Farmlands felt pretty good to me, but I've not been to that part of Romania so I can't comment on the accuracy of anything (Bucharest is gorgeous, totally jealous that you live there).
    In writing, everything was perfect, but in speech, some of the random Romanian words and names that they used just weren't pronounced anywhere close to reality (Draculesti or varcolac for instance :P). As for the post-cold-war feel, you do get that in many smaller cities or towns over here, less so up in the mountains though (lot less concrete there :P). And the obscure folklore thing, pretty much everything but the strigoi (sort-of-vampires) was obscure as fuck or added in by them :P

Even more off-topic: Bucharest isn't that amazing (though I guess that growing up there wouldn't leave me very impressed), you should see some of the old mountain-area cities like Brasov.