10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Blashpemy! I have a cat irl and I need more virtual pets with egyptian masks on!
    I seriously don't see the alure of virtual pets. I played WoW for like 4 years and i had like 60 at most , from quests, random drops etc. When i stopped playing wow there was achievs for 100+. I play GW2 since launch and i have yet to acquire a single pet. In this game i honestly even deleted the Ak'ab mini pet i got with the end of the world event back in December. Bag space is worth more to me than some pet. xD just me tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I run an elementalism and shotgun build that focuses on afflicted status. Later in the game though, you'll need to keep an eye on buffs on the mobs like "deals 25% more damage while in afflicted state" and "100% chance to critically strike while in afflicted state." Think of anything after Scorched Desert as "endgame" questing, because of a lot of it is tough; it'll give you good practice for moving into elite and nightmare dungeons.
    Good thing I just touched down in The Savage Coast. Things are still relatively "easy". =)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Good thing I just touched down in The Savage Coast. Things are still relatively "easy". =)
    Don't get me wrong, you'll probably love Egypt. As long as you stay up to date with gear and have a fairly solid build, you should be just fine. I remember my friend running the Templars' paladin deck starting in Blue Mountain and he destroyed pretty much everything he came across.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I found out last night that bummed me out was that I couldn't purchase a dress shirt & tie in London. Apparently that is only offered in the cash shop. =(

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    One thing I found out last night that bummed me out was that I couldn't purchase a dress shirt & tie in London. Apparently that is only offered in the cash shop. =(
    Do you really want your character to have a cheap suit?

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    thought the sword/fist build would increase that, but it seemed to be just as slow except now I have large downtime between fights and pulling more than one thing is almost guaranteed death now.
    My build? You've probably found your own build by now, but now I'm mostly curious just in general :P

Did you use it with +crit and +heal? I tried I myself, and I wasn't very impressed, sadly to say. I modified it by adding Immortal Spirit and some other abilities to make it actually proc: http://www.tsw-builder.com/#13v11130...10366310130353

It's more complicated, as you need to maintain 5 stacks of penetration chance with Blade Torrent as well as keeping up Healing Sparks with Prey on the Weak, but it's also more flexible with both an aoe and a single target builder. Downtime is eliminated by Surgical Steel all by itself - melee consumers stack up to max resources almost immediatly out of combat, you can spam Surgical Steel and get back to max in around 5 seconds.

Gave it a whirl in the Carpatian Fangs (last zone), downed two sets of two werewolves at a time without problems. Took it down into the roman baths with the nightmare zombies, and it can't quite handle two mobs or use the fist damage consumer at all, but otherwise it was fine. (My gear is green QL10 fwiw, no blues.)

Is this game worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    Is this game worth it?
    No one can make that decision except you.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this game worth it?
    To piggy back on what SJ said, I can tell you that it's unlimited access to an MMO for one low cost. It doesn't penalize you for not subscribing. So in the literal sense of your word, whether you enjoy it our not you get your money's worth.

It's up to you to like what you get.
    BAD WOLF

Could someone give me a quick run down of this game?

PVP, Raids? Dungeons? anything like that. "Sell" the game to me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Could someone give me a quick run down of this game?

PVP, Raids? Dungeons? anything like that. "Sell" the game to me. :P
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...-secret-world/

There is a dungeon in each zone (8 zones), with 3 levels of difficulty, nightmare being the hardest. There's the NYC raid, and a raid boss coming in the next patch, a well as 8 Lairs, open world boss areas. There are 3 PvP battlegrounds, Fusang being the largest. If you are playing games solely for/rushing to endgame though, I'd say don't bother -- this game is about story and immersion and the journey, and is best experienced as you (slowly) progress. The PvE missions are the best around, but I'm not going to "sell" you anything.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 06:39 AM ----------

Is this game worth it?
    Take responsibility for your own likes/dislikes!
    Last edited by Ortwig; 2013-04-06 at 06:37 AM.

Just finished Last Train to Cairo. Have to say that the mission pack delivered

I'm considering giving TSW a shot, but since it is published by EA I would like to know if it requires Origin or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhreia View Post
    I'm considering giving TSW a shot, but since it is published by EA I would like to know if it requires Origin or not.
    It does not require origin. You can purchase from the main TSW site or steam.

I thought EA was just a distributer and not the publisher?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I thought EA was just a distributer and not the publisher?
    EA Distribution was co-publisher; basically, they just made sure boxes were on shelves. They had nothing to do with the development of the game.

Just bought the game and currently have it downloading! Any tips for a new player??

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Just bought the game and currently have it downloading! Any tips for a new player??
    Talk to NPC's when they have extra dialogue options. They have interesting things to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well just came back to this game after paying a lifetime membership because I bought the grandmaster pack. What's in it for the lifetimer's? I see I have 4800 bonus points on my dashboad, do I get free DLC updates or free coins?

Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    You might find this thread useful:
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66643

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by savethetuna View Post
    Well just came back to this game after paying a lifetime membership because I bought the grandmaster pack. What's in it for the lifetimer's? I see I have 4800 bonus points on my dashboad, do I get free DLC updates or free coins?

Lifetimers receive 1200 Funcom points per month, as well as monthly veteran points that can be spent on exclusive items in the shop, a 20% discount on all store items (including the DLCs), the item of the month, and the XP booster. Only limit is that the Funcom points expire in 6 months if you don't spend them (one month at a time).

Lifers can also set their account to autobuy the DLC and go into negative points if there isn't enough to cover the cost of the DLC.
    Last edited by Ortwig; 2013-04-08 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortwig View Post
    You might find this thread useful:
    http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=66643

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 02:29 AM ----------

Lifetimers receive 1200 Funcom points per month, as well as monthly veteran points that can be spent on exclusive items in the shop, a 20% discount on all store items (including the DLCs), the item of the month, and the XP booster. Only limit is that the Funcom points expire in 6 months if you don't spend them (one month at a time).

Lifers can also set their account to autobuy the DLC and go into negative points if there isn't enough to cover the cost of the DLC.
    Awesome thank you!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H