10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Do you really want your character to have a cheap suit?
    I want my guy to look like he belongs in the Iluminati...or at the very least a secret organization. I did actually cough up some of my bonus coins to get the Shirt & Tie, as well as the Business-Style trench coat. Its silly, but now I do feel more official than I did wandering around in jeans and a hoodie.

I also just made it to Blue Mountains and have started doing missions there. Right now my build is holding up (Elementalism + Shotgun). I'm mainly using Shock with the Passive to give the enemy an Affliction, then using Blaze with the Passive to give it +40% Crit vs. Afflicted targets. Shotgun is my go-to for AoE, and I just purchased the Shotgun Turret, so that should help in that arena too.

After running Polaris, I was thinking of investing some points into a healing or tanking weapon in order to give a little more diversity. How are Assault Rifles for healing? (which, btw, is a weird ass question when I say it in my head)

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I want my guy to look like he belongs in the Iluminati...or at the very least a secret organization. I did actually cough up some of my bonus coins to get the Shirt & Tie, as well as the Business-Style trench coat. Its silly, but now I do feel more official than I did wandering around in jeans and a hoodie.

I also just made it to Blue Mountains and have started doing missions there. Right now my build is holding up (Elementalism + Shotgun). I'm mainly using Shock with the Passive to give the enemy an Affliction, then using Blaze with the Passive to give it +40% Crit vs. Afflicted targets. Shotgun is my go-to for AoE, and I just purchased the Shotgun Turret, so that should help in that arena too.

After running Polaris, I was thinking of investing some points into a healing or tanking weapon in order to give a little more diversity. How are Assault Rifles for healing? (which, btw, is a weird ass question when I say it in my head)
    They aren't bad at all. You just have to remember to keep yourself targeted so you get the leeches (you should always have yourself targeted when solo anyways, for the support healing effects you put SP into). Give Arc Flash a try as your ele builder.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get an Illuminati outfit after reaching a higher rank with them from questing. You should've waited
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    They aren't bad at all. You just have to remember to keep yourself targeted so you get the leeches (you should always have yourself targeted when solo anyways, for the support healing effects you put SP into). Give Arc Flash a try as your ele builder.
    Is there something else I should try using as a Consumer other than Blaze (if using Arc Flash)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You get an Illuminati outfit after reaching a higher rank with them from questing. You should've waited
    Oh I've got an Iluminati outfit...I just don't like the way it looks. I prefer looking like a business man, because that's what I take care of. ~_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the first two 5 mans in this game, they were great fun, especially the last boss in Hell Raised. It actually feels like a challenge.

Went for the Commando starter pack with assault rifle and shotgun, will probably aim for the warrior pack next since that uses the same weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Did the first two 5 mans in this game, they were great fun, especially the last boss in Hell Raised. It actually feels like a challenge.

Went for the Commando starter pack with assault rifle and shotgun, will probably aim for the warrior pack next since that uses the same weapons.
    I can't remember if Cleanup is in either of those decks, but you should pick it up if you're going down that tree anyway. It's invaluable in end-game dungeons, and it'll make it easier for you to start out when you begin doing them ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about finished with Blue Mountain (I had to set TSW aside to play through Bioshock Infinite a few times), and its not nearly as hard as it was made out to be. There definitely seem to be a lot more combat opportunities, and the enemies are tougher on the whole, but its been manageable. I'm still rocking the Elemental/Shotgun combo and just go enough Ability Points to buy Livewire. That passive has definitely ramped up my DPS and helped to zap down enemies a lot quicker.

After I upgrade my talismans some more, I'm thinking about trying out a new weapon. Shotgun is fun, but I'm wondering what else might compliment Elemental well. What about Hammer?

I played a bit in beta, and was disappointed in a lot of things. What has improved since release?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I played a bit in beta, and was disappointed in a lot of things. What has improved since release?
    Besides auxiliary weapons (you can equip a specific 3rd weapon and get 1 extra passive and active skill from it) I don't think anything fundamentally changed besides the payment model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    besides the payment model.
    Which for a lot of people is where the disappointment stems from. As such, it's a very fun game to pick up for cheap that you can play at no further cost unless you want to continue the story beyond the original game (DLC/xpac)
    BAD WOLF

Hi all -- here are two 72-hour trial keys if you'd like to test out the game. The timer starts from registration, so be sure to be ready login as soon as you can after the download. Let me know if you snag them!

XX3KVLMU8CDL6BADLLNS
    RC98X3QG7EL27347NA58

Here's the place to register:
    https://register.thesecretworld.com/account
    Last edited by Ortwig; 2013-04-19 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Which for a lot of people is where the disappointment stems from. As such, it's a very fun game to pick up for cheap that you can play at no further cost unless you want to continue the story beyond the original game (DLC/xpac)
    This is the big thing. I would NEVER pay a subscription for this game. But buying it and playing as a single player game that has multiplayer options...that's pretty fun. And for a $30 price tag this has been one of the few game purchases I have been super happy with. I've already put in $5 worth of money for the cash shop, and I might put in more in the future. Plus I am super impressed/frustrated at the lack of hand-holding in the game. Most of the time I am left to my own devices to figure the mission out, and thank god for that built in web browser...I've used that a lot after fumbling around without a clue on things.

Plus I am super impressed/frustrated at the lack of hand-holding in the game. Most of the time I am left to my own devices to figure the mission out, and thank god for that built in web browser...I've used that a lot after fumbling around without a clue on things.
    That's the great thing about the web browser - it's built in because it's supposed to be part of the game, not just a convenience feature. It's basically used as your character's mobile browser, and you have to use it (unless you tab out of course) for all the investigation mission clues because that's exactly what your character would have to be doing.

After I upgrade my talismans some more, I'm thinking about trying out a new weapon. Shotgun is fun, but I'm wondering what else might compliment Elemental well. What about Hammer?
    The Gunslinger deck on the website. The other weapon would be Pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    That's the great thing about the web browser - it's built in because it's supposed to be part of the game, not just a convenience feature. It's basically used as your character's mobile browser, and you have to use it (unless you tab out of course) for all the investigation mission clues because that's exactly what your character would have to be doing.
    Best thing about the web browser is not having to tab out or go AFK to order pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Best thing about the web browser is not having to tab out or go AFK to order pizza.
    Sometimes I still tab out out of pure instinct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Sometimes I still tab out out of pure instinct.
    To be fair the browser's functionality is very poor, so I have to alt tab a lot anyways. Not to say that isn't welcome or cool, because it is, but yeah. It works better than Steam's in game browser for me though, so that's a plus.
    BAD WOLF

I had a lot of fun with pistol/elemental. They have some nice synergy (crit and chain attacks mostly). Hammer is also a nice pairing, with crit and strike synergies

And all three together gives you plenty of options, as hammer and pistol both apply and trigger off Weaken (and all three like crit). I do like pistols though. They've got lots of nice utility - the crit group boost is nice for starting critical chains, and it has a nice Cleanse attack in Collaboration.

If you like abilities that trigger off penetrates or afflicted you'll have to look elsewhere.

I do like pistols though. They've got lots of nice utility - the crit group boost is nice for starting critical chains, and it has a nice Cleanse attack in Collaboration.
    Yeah pistol based builds are becoming a favourite of mine at the moment particularly for the NYC raid.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 08:45 PM ----------

I do like pistols though. They've got lots of nice utility - the crit group boost is nice for starting critical chains, and it has a nice Cleanse attack in Collaboration.
    Yeah pistol based builds are becoming a favourite of mine at the moment particularly for the NYC raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there another weapon that synergizes well with Afflicted states? I say that because my Shock (adding DoT to target Passive) + Blaze combo (with the +40% crit to Afflicted Target Passive) is pretty much my bread and butter. Plus I just really like lobbing lightning and fire. Aesthetically I still like pulling a shotgun over the shoulder for a single one-handed shot (Out for a Kill) since its such an action movie cliche.

Also, I got into Eqypt over the weekend and really like the new setting. Its a completely new environment, but it retains the sense of ominous mystery that Solomon Island had. I'm also curious whether the storyline from Solomon Island will continue because it "seems" that Egypt is completely different. But I'm wondering if its one of those things that seems unrelated, but by the end you see how they are related.