Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    I'm kind of 50/50 on getting this game, especially with the impending GW2 release.
    I picked up TSW with full intent to stop once GW2 hits. However, if Funcom can fulfill Ragnar's State of the Game with monthly updates, focusing on the whole game and not just the end game, then I foresee me coming back to TSW once the 'shiny' wears off of GW2 a month or two in. TSW has this certain charm to it, and it really stands out from the rest of the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    I'm kind of 50/50 on getting this game, especially with the impending GW2 release.
    During the wow inactivity end of cata time I joined a vanilla wow group and one of the requirements was to start a class you never played before so I started a warlock and I ended up loving it so much that I left the group so I could progress through BC, wrath and cata to get my demonologist ready for MoP but now that I am max level I decided I needed to pull down the DS tier gear for warlock. That's whats keeping me from picking this up.

I don't think it does yet, but it did just launch last week, give it some time Im sure you will see something of this sort eventually

If I'm still enjoying this game when GW2 comes out, I have no problem playing both. Neither game has a hardcore time investment I think, so it's not really a big deal to spread your time between both games.

It IS possible to invite a "buddy" to try it for 24 hours but I think you can only invite a buddy once (as for now). Correct me if I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If I'm still enjoying this game when GW2 comes out, I have no problem playing both. Neither game has a hardcore time investment I think, so it's not really a big deal to spread your time between both games.
    I agree. I think I'll be able to play both. I don't feel pressured in TSW to get to the highest QL and grind anything out. There's always somebody around that I can group up with and knock some quests out, or I can just hop on and knock out a few missions solo. I like the no-pressure feel to the game, like I'm not missing out by taking my time. I imagine GW2 will feel the same.

god the templars sometimes just act like retards and do not attack the illuminati, makes me rage quit ....

High Overlord
    Good to know there are others who've been running Shotgun/Elemental combos! It's pretty great, especially now that Striker is fixed. Feels good hitting Cthulhu in the balls with Thor's Hammer.

Also, I swear to god, I haven't got to play GW2 yet, but if that game doesn't pay my rent/shine my shoes/get me access to private Steam sales/do my homework/scoop the cat litter, then I am considering it a disappointment. Seriously, I can't remember something being so overhyped since the Wii.

I haven't got to play GW2 yet
    uhh huh

but if that game doesn't pay my rent/shine my shoes/get me access to private Steam sales/do my homework/scoop the cat litter, then I am considering it a disappointment
    Then you might want to play it, because last time I checked.... nothing can do any of those except you or your sugar daddy.

Also:

Originally Posted by StrangeCase View Post
    When you said "adventure zones" did you mean the size of Kingsmouth or the size of Egypt/Transylvania etc.?
    And does auxiliary weapon just mean another weapon, or it is something new like a third weapon?
    ARGH CAN'T REALLY ANSWER WILL GET IN TROUBLE

So the upcoming adventure zones will not be as massive as all of Solomon Island combined, but more like the size of Kingsmouth -- big enough for 20-30 hours of gameplay, plus instances and...surprises. Lots and lots of surprises.

The weapons are not going to be standard weapons. We're calling them auxiliary weapons -- or maybe ancillary weapons is a better term? -- for a reason.

SAID TOO MUCH TROUBLE INCOMING GAH
    Ragnar gonna be in trouble, R.I.P.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-11 at 08:27 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

May I have a buddy invite if it exists?

Have you seen Ragnar's "State of the Game" post, thats a lot of stuff they plan to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Have you seen Ragnar's "State of the Game" post, thats a lot of stuff they plan to live up to.
    I am skeptical but hopeful on that. I've heard it before but maybe Funcom can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    this is the best outlook and state of game I have ever read.
    Monthly events.. free mission packs... seasonal events for Halloween and Christmas.
    Above all, Ragnar Tornquist is the most active game director ever seen on a user forum.. he is responding very frequently.

TSW amazes me every day

aaaaand we are owning fausang. btw can someone tell me what the score is for ? is it a reward at end of the week ? what kind of reward ?

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    aaaaand we are owning fausang. btw can someone tell me what the score is for ? is it a reward at end of the week ? what kind of reward ?
    whenever my faction rules in PvP I notice I get a huge buff during questing. The PvP status has a realtime impact on everyone in the faction. Don't know about the end of the week rewards yet...
    you always see the faction war status in the pvp overview window.

anyway.. this is incredibly rewarding, every time you win in PvP the whole faction profits... brilliant. I love Secret World. The ultimate salvation. So many things done right.. my MMO dream came true
    Last edited by Ketzer; 2012-07-12 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Ciphers! I'm in heaven
    The Big Terrible Picture?

I hate the crystal part of that mission mostly because of other players.

I caved in and have decided to pick up the game on Friday after I get my paycheck. I suppose I'm just an MMO-Addict.

It is hard to get detailed information about the buddy program but if I got it right, the 24 hours is real time and not play time. Also the offer expires on the 15th of July!
    It could be kind of hard to get your hands on one until then as they are very limited (probably to not put too much pressure on servers) but they will most definitely offer more buddy programs with a longer play time in the future.

It might be hard to get your hands on a key before the weekend but you should browse TSW forums on Saturday as people that did not use them will hand them out to anyone as the offer expires anyway.

Official Announcement: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40597

I will give one out so me and the person can level together! I'll probaly give out my buddy code on fri/sat when I can play so we can play all night! If your interested just respond or PM me and 1 person will win the buddy code!
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H