1. #2181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Yeah that one's a bitch. I've been questing in groups here lately so it wasn't undoable, but most of Transylvania is easier to do in groups than solo anyways.
    I had to go full retar... erm full mitigation for this quest. Finally managed to kill the first 16k melee brother vampire and died right away. Others were easier and I could've soloed it which isn't a huge deal being a full mitigation sword tank with 3 selfheals and two shield-walls but yeah, went faster with a fellow templar dude. I blame the retarded energy debuff that ticks for 200 and seems to drop my 7k ass (just sayin, 7k is nothing I get it) in seconds.


  2. #2182
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    and when you say you want dialog options and then say you want to play not listen that does not match up. I want to play as well more than picking through 27 dialog options just to pick up a quest and here TSW I think is good middle ground where you can listen or you can exit the conversation and have the quest picked up.

    Animations mentioned before some ppl have issues with them and they can be better to be frank.

    Combat you need to get more abilities to get more interesting rotation.
    First of all I figured out the magic thing. Now playing an Elemental type of chick on Illu side. I never said I wanna have TOR VOs or dialogue option and still wont listen to story. I just said it feels like TOR without the options to pick an answer which is a good thing. However, due to TOR and cutscene skipping I'm tired of VO for every single quest in a game. To put it in a neutral way: It is great for people who actually want to embrace the story. It is just not my type of feature I wanna see in a game right now.

    So I played a little bit longer, still in Kingsmouth, still figuring things out, although yet frustrated by the state of pvp as it is right now. What I complain about is Funcoms way of "buffing" people to get them on par with everyone else. Problem is it doesnt work. TOR did this in a better way (one of the rare highlights of the game). It is just weird when you enter stonehenge and get 1 shotted by someone.

    About the combat: I know where Funcom is going with the current system as it feels like a GW/GW2 copy. That isnt a bad thing because 7 abilities should be enough to work and have fun with it. However, the game, at least for me, is too slow for that limitation. I would have loved a more fast paced type of combat

    Oh and what drives me nuts is the ability queuing system. You know, when you button mash 1 to build up and then hit 2 and not ability 2 but 1 goes off because of your button mashing ability 1 is somehow queued? That sucks. Especially when you build up stacks till 7 which results in guaranteed crit and you want this crit to happen when you use your big spender.

    Anyway, there are still points to complain about, at least for me. However questing is somewhat new and refreshing and it is utterly weird when you get a quest and there are no clues whatsoever because you have to investigate Funny and new thing.

    Oh, and I love the ingame browser. Watching porn while chatting with your friends ingame? Epic.

    And I was kidding ...about the chatting. I have no friends.

    Again, just kidding. Or am I?

  3. #2183
    Well it is also the fact that those named people you have to kill have 4 different non-purgeable buffs on them. They are like the Nightmare mobs that you encounter later on even though they aren't named as such.

  4. #2184
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    So I played a little bit longer, still in Kingsmouth, still figuring things out, although yet frustrated by the state of pvp as it is right now. What I complain about is Funcoms way of "buffing" people to get them on par with everyone else. Problem is it doesnt work. TOR did this in a better way (one of the rare highlights of the game). It is just weird when you enter stonehenge and get 1 shotted by someone.

    About the combat: I know where Funcom is going with the current system as it feels like a GW/GW2 copy. That isnt a bad thing because 7 abilities should be enough to work and have fun with it. However, the game, at least for me, is too slow for that limitation. I would have loved a more fast paced type of combat

    Oh and what drives me nuts is the ability queuing system. You know, when you button mash 1 to build up and then hit 2 and not ability 2 but 1 goes off because of your button mashing ability 1 is somehow queued? That sucks. Especially when you build up stacks till 7 which results in guaranteed crit and you want this crit to happen when you use your big spender.
    I agree that the pvp may be a bit weakish in TSW and the ability queue is weird to say at least. Once rated wz solo queue gets to TOR I may look at that game again. The pvp there is not half bad.

    What's the worst that can happen to you ...

  5. #2185
    PvP is probably one of the worst PvP ever, right next to rift.

    It has clearly been neglected.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  6. #2186
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Oh and what drives me nuts is the ability queuing system. You know, when you button mash 1 to build up and then hit 2 and not ability 2 but 1 goes off because of your button mashing ability 1 is somehow queued? That sucks. Especially when you build up stacks till 7 which results in guaranteed crit and you want this crit to happen when you use your big spender.
    You can turn off the ability queue in the options, luckily, did that before leaving kingsmouth even.
    Don't remember exactly where though.

  7. #2187
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post

    In other news, Virgula Divina can kiss my ass.
    I did that last night. Was tough, but one of the most enjoyable missions they've put in. The doll playing hangman with you was just creepy as all hell. (I resisted the temptation to resort to a walkthrough as well, which rocked. It took me about 90 minutes to figure it all out though.)

  8. #2188
    Brewmaster Kiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,254
    I was completely surprised by this game. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have. Theory crafting! Puzzles! Game Immersion! Fantastic. I'm the same as a previous poster, I hope they keep the monthly updates going. The story has been really enjoyable.

    Started out as a blade/ele with Dragon. Switched to AR/Blood with Illuminati (my friends went all Illum), haven't regreted it a bit. Very enjoyable.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic
    Diablo: RoS
    ESO

  9. #2189
    I'm more and more frustrated with dodge being triggered left and right. I can't really force myself to not tap the buttons the way I do and I freaking roll into mobs and mines on a constant basis.


  10. #2190
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    I'm more and more frustrated with dodge being triggered left and right. I can't really force myself to not tap the buttons the way I do and I freaking roll into mobs and mines on a constant basis.
    You can put it off and dodge with I think 'v' (or I am confused with GW2)
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  11. #2191
    I was doing the investigation mission in blue mountain, the one where the computer gives you it to hack information. It was a math puzzle.

    I literally screamed inside my house.

    I was able to figure out the first 2 then I got to the binary one.

    Opened google.

    /fin
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  12. #2192
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Latvia & England
    Posts
    530
    I'm thinking of trying game out, is there trials or such?

    Also about these http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/ packs, if I buy master pack, does it includes game + whats in pack or I'm supposed to buy game first, then only pack?
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

  13. #2193
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newport Mesa, Ca
    Posts
    2,288
    Anyone running around with a shotgun-type spec? Love the shotgun...just not sure what to pair with it to make it work better than shotgun/hammer (which doesn't get significant self heals till many APs later.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

  14. #2194
    Quote Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    I'm thinking of trying game out, is there trials or such?

    Also about these http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/ packs, if I buy master pack, does it includes game + whats in pack or I'm supposed to buy game first, then only pack?
    There are no trials at the moment, although you might be able to find a 24-hour buddy key (or is that over now?). The master pack is an upgrade so you still need to buy the game itself.

  15. #2195
    Quote Originally Posted by Genev View Post
    You can turn off the ability queue in the options, luckily, did that before leaving kingsmouth even.
    Don't remember exactly where though.
    Even with the queing option disabled there seems to be some queing going on. You have to sorta get used to when to stop mashing.

    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Anyone running around with a shotgun-type spec? Love the shotgun...just not sure what to pair with it to make it work better than shotgun/hammer (which doesn't get significant self heals till many APs later.
    I quested with Shotgun + Pistols and I'm still using it now in late game dungeons. THeir similar range is convenient. Kneecapper is good with hothead or whatever the 10% crit buff on hinders is called. Get one more hinder to get solid uptime on it, and then play off the crits with other passives : )
    Last edited by Shekowaffle; 2012-07-19 at 06:49 AM.

  16. #2196
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Oh and what drives me nuts is the ability queuing system. You know, when you button mash 1 to build up and then ...
    I never understood why people do this.

    You only need to press a button once to activate the ability. Pressing it 100 times won't make that ability hit any harder.

  17. #2197
    Brewmaster Grantji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was doing the investigation mission in blue mountain, the one where the computer gives you it to hack information. It was a math puzzle.

    I literally screamed inside my house.

    I was able to figure out the first 2 then I got to the cheesecake one.

    Opened google.

    /fin
    oh yes ... this was hell. The mission didn't work properly for me, I had to do the mathy-stuff again in the van

    I reached egypt yesterday ... I like the first zone much more than blue mountain !

  18. #2198
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    oh yes ... this was hell. The mission didn't work properly for me, I had to do the mathy-stuff again in the van

    I reached egypt yesterday ... I like the first zone much more than blue mountain !
    Egypt is fantastic. Anybody else have a notebook and pen sitting by their computer filled with mission crap like I do?

  19. #2199
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Egypt is fantastic. Anybody else have a notebook and pen sitting by their computer filled with mission crap like I do?
    Angels and Demons.... and the Signal Quest oh my god.... they took me like 1 hour each.....

    Got myself into the PvP side of things last week and had a lot of fun but have to say its not really balanced sure with Assault Rifle it is fun to Red Mist anyone with less than 4k health instantly but fair is something else. Also if you have the Points to spare get a Hammer Blade spec so you can kill your enemy without giving him at least a chance to do something...

    PvP needs some serious rework its balanced sure cause everyone can get every spell but there only one high end bracket so people with full ql10.2 gear will fight against ql10 greens with half of the total xp if you are on top its fun as hell cause they simply cant do anything to you but for them it is probably really frustrating.

  20. #2200
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Egypt is fantastic. Anybody else have a notebook and pen sitting by their computer filled with mission crap like I do?
    At least 5 pages of notes, sketches, etc.

    I finished up the main quest line the other night on my Templar. So awesome. Now I'm mopping up a few missed quests in Transylvania, then I'll start my run through the dungeons (only done Polaris). Nearly perfect timing too. I can play GW2 over the weekend, then jump into dungeons next week, then transition right into Issue 1. I've also got an Illuminati character in the works with map markers and minimap disabled, that should keep me busy until Darksiders 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •