10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Illuminati is fun; Kirsten Geary is just the best.
    Have you ever seen a jaguar tripping? You should look it up...

Here's some official info about their "Twitterverse Experiment." I kept up with it by following quite a few of the NPC accounts and quite a few of the player character accounts. It was really interesting watching the line blur between game world and the real world. I hope they do more of this as it was really really fun to watch.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/b...rse_experiment

Illuminati is fun; Kirsten Geary is just the best.
    "... does this look like my care face to you?" :P

I love how well she fits the role within the illuminati. But the "Pyramidion" makes me laugh so much some times.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    "... does this look like my care face to you?" :P

I love how well she fits the role within the illuminati. But the "Pyramidion" makes me laugh so much some times.
    That deadpan voice of his is the best. "Drug testing will commence in approximately 15 minutes. Please administer your drugs now."

That deadpan voice of his is the best. "Drug testing will commence in approximately 15 minutes. Please administer your drugs now."
    Or how he signs off sometimes with "... unless I change my mind." Just to mess with people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like making a Lummie might be fun then =P "I know what you're thinking. Is it safe?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Seems like making a Lummie might be fun then =P "I know what you're thinking. Is it safe?"
    Definitely Although I encourage a play through of all 3 factions just for the stories and the perspectives you get. But at the end of the day I am Illuminati to the core :P

Definitely Although I encourage a play through of all 3 factions just for the stories and the perspectives you get. But at the end of the day I am Illuminati to the core :P
    I've played all three factions and I must say that while I am a Templar by nature, Illuminati was the most fun. I didn't really feel Dragon; it was interesting, but it didn't really interest me.

I've played all three factions and I must say that while I am a Templar by nature, Illuminati was the most fun. I didn't really feel Dragon; it was interesting, but it didn't really interest me.
    Yeah I felt the same about the Dragon. And the ending * Possible Spoilers* where their own models get used against them makes me wonder why the other two factions didn't do it beforehand?

Yeah I felt the same about the Dragon. And the ending * Possible Spoilers* where their own models get used against them makes me wonder why the other two factions didn't do it beforehand?
    I wondered about that too. Seems like something Illuminati would've thought of.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I knew you'd like it =p
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely an enjoyable game. The freedom it gives you is awesome. The only reason to roll an alt would be to see the main storylines from the other 2 factions. Other than that, why bother when you can do everything and anything with just one toon if you invest enough time?
    Yes. It's very strange. While graphics don't matter too much in games, they were certainly jarring at first. The more I play the less I notice and I start to appreciate the ambience they have going on. The first time that wheel popped up, I thought 'uh oh', but it's a pretty cool way to level a character. I don't really RP at all, but I this game seems like it lends itself really well to that sort of thing.

It really is confusing, but also adds to the level of freedom and lack of direct leveling that you can repeat most of the quests. It's difficult for me to make any progress in the story because I'm someone who does anything and everything I see. Since every quest has layers, I've played for about 12 hours now and I'm still running around the first zombie town and haven't made a single bit of progress on the main story lol. Very, very fun...did not expect this at all.
    I thought I would be a Templar as well, but tried Dragon to be different. I barely made it to the starting town and decided to roll Illum. Already the writing and VA is miles above and actually had me interested. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Illuminati now.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It really is confusing, but also adds to the level of freedom and lack of direct leveling that you can repeat most of the quests. It's difficult for me to make any progress in the story because I'm someone who does anything and everything I see. Since every quest has layers, I've played for about 12 hours now and I'm still running around the first zombie town and haven't made a single bit of progress on the main story lol. Very, very fun...did not expect this at all.
    Doing everything you see is a good way to prep yourself for the end stuff as it gets quite hard. It also gives you the ability to load up on points to get several builds going depending on what you need for that area.

Not to mention the more open style of play to me helps make it more realistic. You're representing factor X (and yourself of course) you have a task but the rest is up to you to figure out.

Since every quest has layers, I've played for about 12 hours now and I'm still running around the first zombie town and haven't made a single bit of progress on the main story lol. Very, very fun...did not expect this at all.
    Take your time and wander. After playing other MMOs, it's easy to want to rush to the end. Make sure to try and get into the dungeons. There's not much trash in them and the boss fights are a blast. You'd be ready to DPS Polaris in QL2 gear, but if you're tanking or healing wait til you have a bit of QL3.

I thought I would be a Templar as well, but tried Dragon to be different. I barely made it to the starting town and decided to roll Illum. Already the writing and VA is miles above and actually had me interested. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Illuminati now.
    That's how I felt with Dragon. The writing seemed uninspired (as did the whole faction) but that's just my taste. I know people who are die-hard Dragon. I rolled my main the faction that I felt I would pick if the game were real-life for immersion purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take your time and wander. After playing other MMOs, it's easy to want to rush to the end. Make sure to try and get into the dungeons. There's not much trash in them and the boss fights are a blast. You'd be ready to DPS Polaris in QL2 gear, but if you're tanking or healing wait til you have a bit of QL3.
    Oh I'm taking my time, that's why I haven't even touched the main story yet. I figure just like GW2, my game isn't going anywhere. I'd rather not play my B2P/F2P games like they will disappear tomorrow. I still play the same character I started in LotRO like 6 years ago and I haven't even hit max level yet.

There is something really liberating about knowing you don't owe a company any more money until you choose, but yet their amazing product is there for you when you want it. I definitely can't play this game too many hours in a row though, because it's depressing on my eyes. I need to swap out for some bright colors and happy noise as a palate cleanser haha.

So glad that someone took a risk to make something different though. I hope their transition away from sub only really brings them a good return.
    BAD WOLF

Oh I'm taking my time, that's why I haven't even touched the main story yet. I figure just like GW2, my game isn't going anywhere. I'd rather not play my B2P/F2P games like they will disappear tomorrow. I still play the same character I started in LotRO like 6 years ago and I haven't even hit max level yet.

There is something really liberating about knowing you don't owe a company any more money until you choose, but yet their amazing product is there for you when you want it. I definitely can't play this game too many hours in a row though, because it's depressing on my eyes. I need to swap out for some bright colors and happy noise as a palate cleanser haha.

So glad that someone took a risk to make something different though. I hope their transition away from sub only really brings them a good return.
    You'll see some of that in Egypt for a little while! Just wait til you meet Saïd and Nassir.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll see some of that in Egypt for a little while! Just wait til you meet Saïd and Nassir.
    Speaking of which, do the story quests dictate the zone that I stay in? If I complete the entire chain for the story quest, does it then send me to a new zone? Just trying to gauge when I need to focus on those when I'm ready to move on to a new area.

Want to make sure I don't have to do a 20 quest chain only to get another 20 quest chain in the same place, otherwise I need to start doing them now so I don't get burned on the zone and forced to slog through to move on.
    BAD WOLF

Speaking of which, do the story quests dictate the zone that I stay in? If I complete the entire chain for the story quest, does it then send me to a new zone? Just trying to gauge when I need to focus on those when I'm ready to move on to a new area.

Want to make sure I don't have to do a 20 quest chain only to get another 20 quest chain in the same place, otherwise I need to start doing them now so I don't get burned on the zone and forced to slog through to move on.
    The story quests are regional. Dawning of an Endless Night spans Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, and Blue Mountain. It's best to stay up on your story missions and the best way to do so is to just do them when they're nearby.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story quests are regional. Dawning of an Endless Night spans Kingsmouth, Savage Coast, and Blue Mountain. It's best to stay up on your story missions and the best way to do so is to just do them when they're nearby.
    Ok, thanks for the tip. Loving dual pistol/sword combo atm. It doesn't have the healing capability early on like I've noticed with some weapons like fists, where you actually can heal yourself, but it definitely feels like I'm a bamf. Going Kill Bill on some zombies is pretty awesome.
    BAD WOLF

http://massively.joystiq.com/livestream

Joel is playing on the livestream with Massively, they're doing the new issue missions so spoilers are go.

Yes. It's very strange. While graphics don't matter too much in games, they were certainly jarring at first. The more I play the less I notice and I start to appreciate the ambience they have going on. The first time that wheel popped up, I thought 'uh oh', but it's a pretty cool way to level a character. I don't really RP at all, but I this game seems like it lends itself really well to that sort of thing.

I'm the exact same way. I got an Investigation quest in the Savage Coast and now I'm back in New York even though I'm still right in the middle of my main quest.