Augments are least priority and far down the line. Don't even worry about them unless you got your fingers wrapped around on Heroic quality ones. Those, can actually matter quite a bit.

I had a very good solo crit based build for Kaidan. I used melee weapons, namely Blade/Fist, but you can use any weapons really, just need the right passives:

1. Gear:
    Glyphs: 1 Hit glyph on major, rest 75% crit rating 25% crit power. You can also add Penetration into the mix.
    Talisman: Head = Health, 1x Major = Heal Rating, Rest = Attack Rating

2. Passives:
    Gross Anatomy
    Blood Sport
    Mad Skills
    Sweet Spot (Advantage Me if you have Signet of Thirst)
    Brawler
    (Any, but whichever that ups your damage to your main weapon, such as Knuckle Down or Hard Impact is preferred)
    (Any)

(Optional)
    Wrecking Crew (20% Crit Power if you use Strike)
    Dark Potency (+ Penetration)
    Iron Maiden (If you have decent Penetration go with this instead of Dark Potency)
    Advantage Me (Heals, but not nearly as good as Sweet Spot)
    One in the Chamber (better against multiple mobs)
    Running Circles (works well with Hinder if you're ranged, but mobs quickly gain Hinder immunity so be aware)
    Tough Luck (Root every 30 sec)

3. Actives: 1 AE builder, 1 single target builder, consumers for both weapons. For the rest something that will save you in tough spot or allow burst damage. For hammer I really enjoy Full Momentum and Unstoppable Force (Elite).

4. Aux: Whippersnapper is useful to interrupt an ability and saves an active skill slot, which is more important.

I focused on one 1 color AEGIS controller because AE Capacitors that you can equip depends on the highest AEGIS controller level. So for example if you have 1.6 Psychic AEGIS controller and everything else is 1.0, you can equip AE Capacitors QL 6. Those four QL 6 AE Capacitors will help you exponentially. In fact, just having 4 AE Capacitors of any QL should allow you to most of Kaidan missions solo, so imagine what 4x QL 6 AE Capacitors can do for you! Note that Psychic shields seem the most common out of the three.
    Last edited by Dooli; 2016-04-15 at 04:54 PM.

Pros and cons of this game?

Quote Originally Posted by sonicchill View Post
    Pros and cons of this game?
    Decent story, great quests, bad animations, invisible levels despite claiming no leveling, dull combat system, vertical gear progression and the game is terribly optimized
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Decent story, great quests, bad animations, invisible levels despite claiming no leveling, dull combat system, vertical gear progression and the game is terribly optimized
    Only been playing a couple of weeks but have to say this is pretty spot on from my point of view. I really like the flexibility of the talent system as well though but I would like a few more buttons for skills. For me the game runs pretty smooth mostly but every now and again feels a little laggy (perhaps as it is a US megaserver and I am in EU). I would definitely recommend the game though as something different (modern time) and interesting.

The skill system is pretty dumb imo.there is an extreme lack of synergy. They say you can customize whatever weapons you want but you'll just be having an exempt hard and crappy time mainly because of stats and how weapons have added effects because of said stats.

So if you picked up chaos and sword you'll only really be picking skills from the secondary weapon that's cooldown based. You don't actively use both in a s rotation

I can tank with a shotgun so I'm happy.

Bought the game. So far I'm impressed. What's been said are all true, but all in all, the game is incredibly entertaining.

So, random question. I own the game but none (to my knowledge) of the DLC or xpacs...what happens if I buy the ultimate edition? Can I apply it to my current account or no? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    So, random question. I own the game but none (to my knowledge) of the DLC or xpacs...what happens if I buy the ultimate edition? Can I apply it to my current account or no? Any ideas?
    Yup, it will grant you the DLC through chapter...11 or 12 (forget which it grants) plus all the other perks/bonuses. It's like a CE upgrade, more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yup, it will grant you the DLC through chapter...11 or 12 (forget which it grants) plus all the other perks/bonuses. It's like a CE upgrade, more or less.
    Ok thanks! Definitely leaning towards picking it up. Did you guys like the DLC chapters? The last time I played, I had just made it out of Lovecraftian New England into Egypt, so I wasn't to the point of getting to them.

Ok thanks! Definitely leaning towards picking it up. Did you guys like the DLC chapters? The last time I played, I had just made it out of Lovecraftian New England into Egypt, so I wasn't to the point of getting to them.
    yes, some of the DLCs are really good.

Egypt may be a bit tough to get through, but getting to Transylvania is totally worth it. Then you start on the DLC's, which take you back to all the existing "zones" as well as a few new places (including Tokyo). If you haven't made it to Egypt proper, yet, you've still got a ways to go : )

Awesome, thanks for the input, guys! Yeah I dunno, the feel of Egypt killed my desire to play; it wasn't really all that compelling for me. I'll struggle on and get to Transylvania! =)

Egypt has been tooted as probably the best zone, so if you don't like it I don't Transfylvania is going to be better. Tokyo is also a hit or miss, depends if you can stand the Aegis system. I don't it's worth the money imo for all the DLC, long term the game isn't great. They pretty much went back on making the story about the real life myths and just made their own stuff up.

My favorite part of the game is The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn. If have not done that DLC, do eeet.

And I wouldn't say Egypt is the best zone, just visually compelling. Walking into Valley of the Sun God the first time was awesome.

Tokyo takes some set up time but once you get your aegis stuff filled out it's probably my favorite zone to run around in.

Egypt has been tooted as probably the best zone, so if you don't like it I don't Transfylvania is going to be better. Tokyo is also a hit or miss, depends if you can stand the Aegis system. I don't it's worth the money imo for all the DLC, long term the game isn't great. They pretty much went back on making the story about the real life myths and just made their own stuff up.
    I actually hated Egypt, I thought the storyline in Egypt was garbage, Loved Transylvania.

10+ Year Old Account
    Egypt has been tooted as probably the best zone, so if you don't like it I don't Transfylvania is going to be better.
    Touted by who exactly? I rarely see it refered to above Soloman, Trans or Kaidan and it clearly had the least amount of development.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Egypt has been tooted as probably the best zone, so if you don't like it I don't Transfylvania is going to be better. Tokyo is also a hit or miss, depends if you can stand the Aegis system.
    The part of it I was in just had a bunch of insurgents fighting in a town. Outside of that might've been better, I dunno. It just had a modern middle east feel and after the awesomeness that was Lovecraftian New England it just lost me at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The part of it I was in just had a bunch of insurgents fighting in a town. Outside of that might've been better, I dunno. It just had a modern middle east feel and after the awesomeness that was Lovecraftian New England it just lost me at that point.
    The farther you travel north in Egypt the more mythological things get, the starting area revolves mostly around human issues. I enjoyed Egypt but was definitely glad to see the rain again when entering Transylvania.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Egypt may be a bit tough to get through, but getting to Transylvania is totally worth it. Then you start on the DLC's, which take you back to all the existing "zones" as well as a few new places (including Tokyo). If you haven't made it to Egypt proper, yet, you've still got a ways to go : )
    I think I got to the second egypt zone, I didn't care for Egypt very much, but was also getting really bored with the combat at that point, and slogging through all these random spawns was just too tedious.

I keep meaning to go back, but torn between trying a new character or slogging through with the other, so I just give up and return to GW2 or TOR.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."