Page 9 of 257 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My concern is that the isolated zones will be a turn off to many. But the skill deck system looks fantastic. Also, yea- F--- leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    My concern is that the isolated zones will be a turn off to many. But the skill deck system looks fantastic. Also, yea- F--- leveling.
    The zones are huuuuuuge. Plus the city hubs are ginormous. If people are willing to deal with the zones in WoW and its steady stream of clones that are supposed to kill it, I don't think TSW will be that big of a change when it comes to how zones work.

Release date officially announced as June 19

it seems they arent sure for the realease date, some say april other say june..

well around april-june i guess would be awesome if it was realeased on my birthday at june

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    They're pretty sure this time I believe http://www.funcom.com/news/the_secre...h_june_19_2012
    Yep, no doubting FC's word. This is THEIR released date, not rumor. sad it's pushed back, because that means even more polish for launch! well done FC!!

Today was the end of the press embargo. A bunch of sites had writers get to play the game for a bit, to mostly positive opinions. There are some links on www.thesecretworld.com

I just briefly skimmed over the pages but I haven't seen this so sorry if it was already posted.

There is a beta sign up, don't know how long it's been up or if they have already started but you can see it on the link Sarahjane posted.

Here is another link http://www.funcom.com/ just for, I dunno, whatever.
    Last edited by Ogretron; 2012-02-27 at 04:18 AM.

The latest gameplay videos look amazing. Immersion Day with the press went well and the overall vibe was very positive. June 19 can't come fast enough!

The latest gameplay videos look amazing. Immersion Day with the press went well and the overall vibe was very positive. June 19 can't come fast enough!
    Link to some vids? All the articles I've seen have had stock images but no gameplay vids.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a LOT less than i had hoped for, but beggars can't be choosers, i look forward to seeing more. BTW crafting sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    It's Funcom, that means it's going to be the most creative and original concept in MMO history, which will get released as the most half-finished and unplayable piece of shit you can possibly imagine. One data point is an outlier. Two is a trend. Failcom has followed this pattern with AoC and AO. This will just be their next half-finished MMO bomb.
    highly doubt Secret World will be "Half-finished" as you put it, with an extremely long beta phase, prolonging release with another couple months to get the finishing touches ready, don't judge an entire company from 1 mistake, i've seen worse then AoC.

go back to your cartoon 1 button WoW char.

Having seen the beta footage I must say I'm dissapointed. It looks worse and more clunky than most of the games recently. In game cinematics look poor. Characters seem poorly animated and UI is... weird. And to think that's the reason they postponed the continuation of dreamfall...

I can't see this game being succesful
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Well it has no classes and no levels, and great story-telling if you're into any sorta mythology, conspiracy theories, Lovecraft, etc...

Gameplay looks okay. The animations are a bit bad though... but hopefully they'll be able to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Link to some vids? All the articles I've seen have had stock images but no gameplay vids.
    There are some vids on foreign gaming sites. Unfortunately I don't have the sites right off hand. Nothing huge, but interesting enough. The game looks great and is leaps and bounds better than what has been available before the 24th. Zoomed-in shots of PCs and NPCs leaves a bit to be desired, but they did say they delayed the game to have time to polish.

edit- This has a few links with vids: http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/sho...64&postcount=1

10+ Year Old Account
    The press embargo is still in effect, it ends in like 3 days

It seem more and more companys have the balls to add more gay moments in games.

I approve!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It seem more and more companys have the balls to add more gay moments in games.

I approve!
    I imagine it's a template scene where the player character male or female is in that scene. Either way, it's awesome to see them not be afraid.

I think the only concern with the game for me so far is character movement. I just think the talking, walking, and animation movement could be more.... responsive
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.