Page 10 of 257 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This game feels SO far away... can't wait.
    I'm still thinking about it...

According to their Q4 report, open beta should start sometime in May, with the next press embargo from GDC lifting on 3/15 which is this Thursday.

Is... is that Cthulhu in that picture...?

NEED THIS GAME NOW

There's a ton of Lovecraft-inspired elements in the game.

I just read how the secret world was released to the public. I wish I was good at those kinds of detailed puzzles.

"We shall meet again A Friend."
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Oh yes, me too.

How in the world is a new MMO that does not have its own subforum not supposed to be in the Video Game forum?

This is the thinking mans mmo. 18 and up not for kids. Most of you will not like it. Missions will be too long, and abilities too complicated. This game is nothing like WoW SWToR or RIFT. Yet many of you will still play and scream for things those games have. If you are looking for your traditional theme park mmo, this is not the game for you. If all you want to play is 3-4 hours a week, you will not reap the rewards of someone who plays 15 hours a week. Dungeons are hard, not dungeons over lunch.

I hope this will save some people some time.

This is about a video game. In a video game forum.

Why are you asking for a thread closure?

And yes, this game is not going to be for everyone. I'm going to preorder to try it out at least. It sounds awesome, although funcom scares me off at times. Are you in the beta or something? How/why are you claiming that 'dungeons are hard' and that if you want to play for a couple hours a week you aren't going to reap the rewards of someone who plays for 15? (15? Is that your 'hardcore' number? Try 30+, son :P)

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    This is about a video game. In a video game forum.

Why are you asking for a thread closure?

And yes, this game is not going to be for everyone. I'm going to preorder to try it out at least. It sounds awesome, although funcom scares me off at times. Are you in the beta or something? How/why are you claiming that 'dungeons are hard' and that if you want to play for a couple hours a week you aren't going to reap the rewards of someone who plays for 15? (15? Is that your 'hardcore' number? Try 30+, son :P)
    Yeah I'm a bit over 15 for the moment too 50 maybe But yeah honestly man I don't want half these idiots around this game. Looking at this thread is hilarious. All the wrong information and ass backwards assumption. Most these people are happily stuck in a rut with the rest of the genre. Gary Gygax wouldn't believe that this is what role playing games have become.

This game should be a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit over 15 for the moment too 50 maybe But yeah honestly man I don't want half these idiots around this game. Looking at this thread is hilarious. All the wrong information and ass backwards assumption. Most these people are happily stuck in a rut with the rest of the genre. Gary Gygax wouldn't believe that this is what role playing games have become.

This game should be a secret.
    Meh. Let the people who suck at it whine and complain. As long as Funcom understands that this will not challenge WoW or TOR or Rift for numbers, and they are willing to keep it going, I'm ok with there being a lot less people. Especially if they consolidate servers if they need to.

This Is How Our End Begins
    Now
    Powerful forces are on the move
    And dark conspiracies converge
    As a hidden world is finally revealed
    We are in the Fourth Age
    Powerful Cabals Rule the World
    They Have Kept Us in the Dark
    Signals Disrupt our Thoughts
    The Host were Here Before Us
    They are still here
    There is a City on the Moon
    Eleven days are missing
    The Earth is hollow
    The Wagtail has arrived
    There are Portals in Time and Space
    The Bees are Returning
    The Eight watch over us
    Solomon's Key unleashes Hell
    The Tower of Babel never fell
    The Old Gods are awakening
    Atlantis rises
    The Ark of the Covenant is an Engine
    Stonehenge is a Beacon
    The Fountain of Youth is Poisoned
    Immortal Beings walk the Earth
    The planets are aligning
    The End of Days are here
    Everyone must choose a side
    The Dark Places are Crawling
    The Filth will Corrupt us all
    The Morning Light burns
    Demons march against us
    The Dreamers whisper
    A Blight befalls the Garden of Eden
    We have dug too deep
    Lillith's Children are unchained
    Pandora's Box is opening up
    There is a secret world
    Everything Is True

Dark Days Are Coming

You see the code they worked into that, right?

If you don't this may not be the game for you...

What code?

And I don't think Funcom doesn't expect big numbers from this game. It was too long in development and many other games (dreamfall continuation) were scrapped because of this. It just cost them too much
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Some puzzles are not required, and if your completely stuck funcom is expecting you to reach out to the community for help and receive private messages instead of in general chat.

If they focused on a game for just one general audience that isn't a very successful game.

And I don't think Funcom doesn't expect big numbers from this game.
    I think funcom expects this game to be successful which includes big numbers most of the time.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I somewhat find the asian girl in the trailer cute....

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    What code?

And I don't think Funcom doesn't expect big numbers from this game. It was too long in development and many other games (dreamfall continuation) were scrapped because of this. It just cost them too much
    Dreamfall's sequel wasn't scrapped. It was never started. Plus Ragnar has said that he will complete the Dreamfall story in numerous tweets.

And it's ridiculous to say this game needs to stay a secret. -removed-
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-03-14 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Dreamfall's sequel wasn't scrapped. It was never started. Plus Ragnar has said that he will complete the Dreamfall story in numerous tweets.

And it's ridiculous to say this game needs to stay a secret. -removed-
    It was said somewhere that with Ragnar and Funcom involved in Secret World they have decided to postpone Dreamfall's sequel indefinitely.
    In other words they believed TSC to be more lucrative than Dreamfall 2.
    Bah, it had made me really angry - Dreamfall opened more plots and questions than it ended, and then they decided to not continue it :/
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    This game nor this thread is not for this forum. Can I get a lock please.
    It's a video game.

In a video game discussion forum.

Yes, I agree. Lock it. Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post

And it's ridiculous to say this game needs to stay a secret. From the lurking I've done on TSW's forums, I've seen bcbully do this same trolling nonsense there too.
    Now you are lying. Lying through your teeth. Please link anything I have posted that is close to trolling on that forum. The forums there are very different. They, even have a sense of immersion, that I hope new comers will respect.

No I do not want the masses flocking over there screaming quest are too hard. Screaming for all, that they wont take the time to earn. I want the game to be a secret. The casual newbie generation has WoW, SW:TOR, and soon GW2.

The secret world does not need 10 million of the new generation of rpgrs that don't now what a D-3 is let alone character generation. Yes I wish the game would remain a secret letting those who followed the intro ARG for to years help the game develop.

Yes, I'm waiting for what you call a troll post to be linked or quoted. Matter a fact on first impression this game doesn't need people like you calling people trolls.
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-03-14 at 03:50 PM.