I think the NDA is kinda gimmicky, but I like how it's not super leaked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they just released 1.0 on the beta server and have some patches. They are adjusting the internal coding a lot. Performance, graphics, gameplay and other of the cosmetic tweaks are awesome to see. There is a pretty visible change from .8 to .9 to 1.0. I'm impressed. But, as they change the coding around somethings get all brokededed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Honestly, they just released 1.0 on the beta server and have some patches. They are adjusting the internal coding a lot. Performance, graphics, gameplay and other of the cosmetic tweaks are awesome to see. There is a pretty visible change from .8 to .9 to 1.0. I'm impressed. But, as they change the coding around somethings get all brokededed.
    God, you're not joking. The last few patches iron stuff out, but then new stuff comes up lol The resource deal was particularly annoying.

If your invite was for the next public weekend beta, the character creation got a good size buff. Still not the greatest. Can't make skinny or fat people yet.
    Yeah, was pretty happy with the increase in clothing customization last beta weekend, but it could definitely use a bigger increase considering most of it is just recolors of the same model.

And yeah...WTB freaking actual character body customization beyond a paltry selection of options for the face

What version did TB play then? .9 or .8?

Also, do they have any plans to change some of the combat around or..?

Because it didn't seem like the best, but could be I just can't find anything that shows combat being awesome.

Also, my download speed is slower than dead turtle, is that just me or..?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-06-20 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What version did TB play then? .9 or .8?
    Either the end of .8 or beginning of .9. He played on 23 May. Not sure which patch was out then. Gonna go with .9. The devs commented on how people didn't let him play, which soured his experience. Here are a couple of quotes

He gave us a lot of feedback by watching what he managed to do and did not manage to do. A perfect example is how he ran right past Jack Boone and For a Fistful of Zombies. Now we have added a tip that reminds you to take that mission. It's very easy to identify these things from watching him play.

I just wish it had been done in the press beta version and not the closed beta version - I don't think his play experience was particularly natural when there were a bunch of people basically tailing him around town and telling him what to do (and killing his mobs for him).
    I do appreciate people trying to help him out, I really do.

It's just - his experience was impacted by that. He was led, he did not always figure things out on his own and he ended up running headfirst into the hardest investigation in the area.

People killed his mobs for him, people killed the Revenant boss for him in about 3 secs, people solved the puzzles for him e.t.c

I don't consider that the way in which 90% of people will experience their first playthrough of the game. We actually use things like this as focus testing and we threw out everything after he arrived in Kingsmouth due to him being grouped immediately with more experienced players.
    For every "little thing" he complained about, the onus is on *us* to make sure players understand it. It's really useful usability feedback (and don't worry, I recognize the difference between accessibility and difficulty and am not suggesting dumbing down or anything like that.)
    Also, do they have any plans to change some of the combat around or..? Because it didn't seem like the best, but could be I just can't find anything that shows combat being awesome.
    As far as...? I don't think the combat is bad. It is incredibly lame in the first town. Pretty much just stand there and kill things one at a time. During the later parts you have to move, not stand in fire, not run around or risk getting packs of mobs on you. With the active dodge added in, I think it's fun. Of course I used Assault Rifles and Pistols. Two weapons that make you CC your targets and move. If you pick shot gun or hammers then you can just stand there like most MMOs and 1,2,3 until your fingers bleed. You probably won't find updated combat videos because there haven't been any press releases or official videos that have been made.

Also, my download speed is slower than dead turtle, is that just me or..?
    Probably just you. I don't have any issues on patch day downloading the patch. Even when I did a full re-install the downloads were quick.

I was so excited for this game...until I played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    I was so excited for this game...until I played.
    Care to share why? Also, the best place to leave constructive feed back is the beta forums.

Care to share why? Also, the best place to leave constructive feed back is the beta forums.
    Yeah. "Clever" feedback doesn't do any good for TSW or MMOs in general.

If anyone needs a key for the next (and last) beta weekend: LNQW5NFVXZBNB7NNNUL5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    If anyone needs a key for the next (and last) beta weekend:
    That's actually a better idea, to avoid private messages.

Here's another for whoever: M5PXXX7MHGNBUVZMXPYV

First come first serve. Activate here: http://register.thesecretworld.com
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

/sigh this is true. Then you have those magical days, even weeks when it's like /tearsofjoy

Deleted
    Here's another key: 7PLAAFTLT4CNMLCQH6PV

LJSJK2X3E62LX6LQRL8N

HDFTSKUBWWLXGWQDT5XS

QN2PD9QXRGXMW9AFFN8A

3 codes for open beta

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as...? I don't think the combat is bad. It is incredibly lame in the first town. Pretty much just stand there and kill things one at a time. During the later parts you have to move, not stand in fire, not run around or risk getting packs of mobs on you. With the active dodge added in, I think it's fun. Of course I used Assault Rifles and Pistols. Two weapons that make you CC your targets and move. If you pick shot gun or hammers then you can just stand there like most MMOs and 1,2,3 until your fingers bleed. You probably won't find updated combat videos because there haven't been any press releases or official videos that have been made.
    I actually did enjoy combat a lot more once I hit Savage Coast/QL3-5. I could die. I had built up enough AP to come up with some fun/interesting builds. Some mobs started to adopt new behaviors. Encountered a mob that leech life from other mobs, the one being leeched tried to fight it off (familiars at the school).

Deleted
    I feel like this game can definetly benefit from going overboard on the cash shop. Especially since it's in a modern setting, allowing people to wear bonnets, all sorts of crazy glasses, super cool coats, for a few dollars can be quite beneficial for them. I'm just afraid this game won't get enough of an audience because it has a subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed Beta NDA lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Closed Beta NDA lifted.
    With the final patches out, are the clothing vendors still just selling recolored versions of a few pieces of clothing? That was a turn off for me, is that there is only like 5 orginal per vendor and the rest is just recolored and I couldn't find any more clothing vendors outside the main citys.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    With the final patches out, are the clothing vendors still just selling recolored versions of a few pieces of clothing? That was a turn off for me, is that there is only like 5 orginal per vendor and the rest is just recolored and I couldn't find any more clothing vendors outside the main citys.
    They've added a good little bit more clothing to the shops. There are rewards for missions that give clothing, as well as certain dungeons and rare mobs awarding clothing. Then of course there's going to be tons of it in the cash shop.

On the topic of "recolored" clothing, next time you go to the store to buy some clothes, look around at all the recolored versions of the same thing.

On the topic of "recolored" clothing, next time you go to the store to buy some clothes, look around at all the recolored versions of the same thing.
    There is usually more then a few options though with recolors.

Edit: london is intended to be the main social hub? What.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-06-21 at 01:22 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.