Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    [...]

Also it is still fantasy, yes its modern and yes it has aspects of horror but it is not reality and it has magic and magical beings etc in it, fantasy doesn't have to be ye old times of dragons and fairy's.

Ask yourself this, If your partner comes in all dolled up in the latex cop outfit telling you, "you have the right to remain sexy" swinging the hand cuffs, is that fantasy ? or would they have to get the Night Elf ears on for that ? lol
    That is called SM, and it has nothing to do with fantasy at all; that is called imagination or filthy mind, Sonny. You are bloody delusional if you consider that fantasy. Drugwars would be fantasy too. Anything "remotely far fetched" would be fantasy in your book.

Let me quote wikipedia:

Fantasy is a genre of fiction that commonly uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from the genres of science fiction and horror by the expectation that it steers clear of scientific and macabre themes, respectively, though there is a great deal of overlap between the three, all of which are subgenres of speculative fiction.

In popular culture, the genre of fantasy is dominated by its medievalist form, especially since the worldwide success of The Lord of the Rings and related books by J. R. R. Tolkien. Fantasy has also included fairy tales, wizards, sorcerers, or witchcraft, (etc.), in events which avoid horror. In its broadest sense, however, fantasy comprises works by many writers, artists, filmmakers, and musicians, from ancient myths and legends to many recent works embraced by a wide audience today.

Fantasy is a vibrant area of academic study in a number of disciplines (English, cultural studies, comparative literature, history, medieval studies). Work in this area ranges widely, from the structuralist theory of Tzvetan Todorov, which emphasizes the fantastic as a liminal space, to work on the connections (political, historical, literary) between medievalism and popular culture.
    Emphasis mine.

Take note of the bold part in: "[...] magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting". In other words just because there is "magic and other supernatural phenomena" doesn't make a piece of art fantasy. It has to be the primary element of plot, theme, or setting.

Just because you took your knight with voodoo mask from your medieval LEGO onto your science fiction moon setting doesn't suddenly make your moon setting become fantasy. At best, it makes your moon setting become science fiction with a minor medieval element. Medieval != fantasy either.

This game doesn't have a fantasy setting at all. It takes place in real-life cities, not in the bloody Shire. The only thing which remotely resembles fantasy setting is the mystery around secret societies, but I find that too far fetched to call it fantasy. I don't think we can call the genre science fiction either. Neither genres give enough weight to the conspiracy aspect of the game.

And yes, even though I have not played the game I know enough about the genre, and MMOs, to warrant my WoW comment as well as my fantasy setting comment. There's this thing called Youtube where you can watch gameplay before you decide to sign up or buy a game.

FYI: the correct term to describe the genre we're discussing is mystery. An example of a mystery novel is The Da Vinci Code. Go to your local library and try to find The Da Vinci Code in the fantasy section. You won't find it. Thank you for trying!

I don't know, there is nothing drawing me back into the game. I maxed out all the skill points thanks to the NPC in CB and I tinkered around with the combinations. Some just don't work or extremely limited, just have 1 or 2 moves you use when you get the resource and of course some combos just plain out don't work for practicality.

Sooner or later its going to be a min max thing and being the hybrid you always wanted isn't going to cut it.

The customization is nicer than before. It is still lacking. I like the new face effect options (veins and tattoos), however the features are still limited there is only like 5 facial options and each one also changes the tone of skin color. It would be nice if we got something like Tera customization options instead of just a few. Also everyone is skinny? wtf with that...

End game is going to be like most MMO's. Run dungeons - collect best gear - run more dungeons till raids are released. There isn't any incentive besides playing with your newbie friends to go back to kingsmouth, the gear difference is significant, and there is nothing there rewards wise to make that underpowered content thanks to your gear significant.

I am also finding a lack of real world immersion with the myths and theories thing.

Also its really stupid that london is centered as the main hub....why? The difference is a bank and an extra clothes vendor... if a dragon is forced to be there as the main hub and has to go back to seoul for whatever reason its just time consumption and if you collect all the clothes in seoul and finish the story there isn't any reason to go back besides buy from the tier vendors, which as a dragon and Illuminati you can't do in london. You have to go back to your region and do it which contradicts london being the main hub. Pointless.

There isn't anything bringing me back :/
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    Just on this. Take a look at the following images showing the various decks per factions
    Illuminati - http://imgur.com/a/d35QA#0
    Templar - http://imgur.com/a/mz2N2#0
    Dragon - http://imgur.com/a/kDPwl#0

This shows examples of the types of clothing available later in the game.

I have actual screen shots of all the decks (minus dragon) that i'm currently uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't know, there is nothing drawing me back into the game. I maxed out all the skill points thanks to the NPC in CB and I tinkered around with the combinations. Some just don't work or extremely limited, just have 1 or 2 moves you use when you get the resource and of course some combos just plain out don't work for practicality.

Sooner or later its going to be a min max thing and being the hybrid you always wanted isn't going to cut it.

The customization is nicer than before. It is still lacking. I like the new face effect options (veins and tattoos), however the features are still limited there is only like 5 facial options and each one also changes the tone of skin color. It would be nice if we got something like Tera customization options instead of just a few. Also everyone is skinny? wtf with that...

End game is going to be like most MMO's. Run dungeons - collect best gear - run more dungeons till raids are released. There isn't any incentive besides playing with your newbie friends to go back to kingsmouth, the gear difference is significant, and there is nothing there rewards wise to make that underpowered content thanks to your gear significant.

I am also finding a lack of real world immersion with the myths and theories thing.

Also its really stupid that london is centered as the main hub....why? The difference is a bank and an extra clothes vendor... if a dragon is forced to be there as the main hub and has to go back to seoul for whatever reason its just time consumption and if you collect all the clothes in seoul and finish the story there isn't any reason to go back besides buy from the tier vendors, which as a dragon and Illuminati you can't do in london. You have to go back to your region and do it which contradicts london being the main hub. Pointless.

There isn't anything bringing me back :/
    Customization in TSW took like 20 steps back compared to what is available in other games. Even AoC had better customization. As far as the abilities and stuff like that, it took me about 4 months of pretty regular playing to get to around 69% of the wheel unlocked. Of course some combos don't work, and in a lot of places, a hybrid doesn't work. Some of the elite dungeons, hybrids are a god-send, so I can't imagine how scary Nightmare modes are going to be or what will work. The thing that will really save the end-game is the supposed difficulty, and also that it isn't going to be a "raid-or-die" game. The big draw for a lot of people is that it isn't like WoW in a lot of aspects, and a lot of people are taking things at their own pace and aren't rushing to "level-cap." The gear recently got nerfed, bringing the QL's a lot closer together, so maybe that'll help the longevity of the content.

As far as myths and legends go, they really haven't included anything mainstream besides the whole zombie thing, with a few others peppered here and there throughout the game. Transylvania brings a little more to the table, fortunately. Overall though, I agree with you.

There's some lore behind why London is the main city, but I think they should've given people the option to do their business in NY and Korea. Sometimes you wanna socialize, sometimes you just wanna do your banking and auctioning (that interface is the best ever, imo). Having your choice of where to socialize would be nice too. Maybe my Templar wants to join in an Illuminati rave? Maybe that will be something we'll see in the future.

There are going to be a lot of people that aren't going to play TSW, and that's fine for them and fine for those of us that will. That's the most important thing about new MMOs that come out: you have the choice in what you play. This is why it's prudent that gamers quit talking shit and bashing games they don't plan on playing. Nobody's going to like everything, and nothing will ever be liked by everybody. People bitch and moan about WoW having stuff wrong with it, yet they condemn any decent competition that comes out. Competition will make the genre better eventually, as long as something else can survive. Since TSW hasn't been hyped out the wazoo like other MMOs before it, maybe it'll survive that initial surge and subsequent drop-off and not be labeled a failure.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I have actual screen shots of all the decks (minus dragon) that i'm currently uploading.
    Female bounty hunter looks like Scherbatsky from HIMYM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Female bounty hunter looks like Scherbatsky from HIMYM.
    I have The factions and achievement coats from a male P.O.V. If I have time I'll try to do all them from a female too. The server is down, so I can't get on to catch the Dragon ones. I hope some of these look better on the females lol. The male Illuminati Mercenary reminds of Spy from TF2.

Edit: And by server is down, I mean a lot of people, including myself, can't connect while others can.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-06-22 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are going to be a lot of people that aren't going to play TSW, and that's fine for them and fine for those of us that will. That's the most important thing about new MMOs that come out: you have the choice in what you play. This is why it's prudent that gamers quit talking shit and bashing games they don't plan on playing. Nobody's going to like everything, and nothing will ever be liked by everybody. People bitch and moan about WoW having stuff wrong with it, yet they condemn any decent competition that comes out. Competition will make the genre better eventually, as long as something else can survive. Since TSW hasn't been hyped out the wazoo like other MMOs before it, maybe it'll survive that initial surge and subsequent drop-off and not be labeled a failure.

GTFO THIS GAME IS CRAP LOL ROFLMAO... GW2 FTW THE BEST GAME EVER YOU NOOBS !!! LOL

Just kidding! Yeah I really like that kind of comments! It help alot!

I can't wait to try it tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deck Screen Shots

Illuminati - http://imgur.com/a/9Xnp9#0

Templar - http://imgur.com/a/Zzq2H#0

Dragon - http://imgur.com/a/RhVi7#0

Ability Wheel - http://imgur.com/a/g3pIM#0
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-06-22 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    GTFO THIS GAME IS CRAP LOL ROFLMAO... GW2 FTW THE BEST GAME EVER YOU NOOBS !!! LOL

Just kidding! Yeah I really like that kind of comments! It help alot!

I can't wait to try it tonight!
    I'm a passionate gamer. It's an unrivaled form of art and entertainment. MMOs have unrealized potential, and the more quality games we have, the better. WoW has been "good enough" instead of "great" for much too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    chance to win Secret World beta keys

https://apps.facebook.com/msi_secret...0&fb_bmpos=1_0

Deleted
    I was under the impression that anyone who had signed up to the betas got in to this last beta, was I wrong?

"Everyone who has ever registered for The Secret World beta will get access to this final Beta" from the site. How come I have not got an email?

Man, all the Templar decks look so freaking sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Man, all the Templar decks look so freaking sweet.
    I hope they fix the hair clipping through the hoods! Magus looks amazing equipped except for the hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they fix the hair clipping through the hoods! Magus looks amazing equipped except for the hood.
    If could put the hood down on the Magus deck, I would use it. I don't like any of the hoods on the hooded decks.

If could put the hood down on the Magus deck, I would use it. I don't like any of the hoods on the hooded decks.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the hoods either. The rest of the non-hooded decks look good except for Executioner. I don't like the glasses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grifter (illuminati) is my favorite deck I've seen so far. I gotta run out and get some crap done, but I should have the Dragon decks up here shortly.

Deck Screen Shots

Will try to get Dragon Decks today.
    where do you buy the decks?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't buy them. You earn them from unlocking certain abilities. Open the ability window and you can check out what each deck requires.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    where do you buy the decks?
    Yeah, what Buckwald said. Press N to bring up ability wheel, click "decks" on the left edge of the screen, and you can browse through the decks for your faction there. When you select one, it'll show you what abilities you have to buy to fill out the deck. Once you buy all the abilities in the deck, you click "claim" at the bottom (next to "equip") and you'll receive your outfit reward. When you get a reward, you go to your dressing room, and go to "multislot" in the drop-down menu.

10+ Year Old Account
    DRAGON UPDATE!

Deck Screen Shots

Dragon - http://imgur.com/a/RhVi7#0

Favorite Decks by faction

Illuminati - Bodyguard, Grifter

Templar - Crusader, Paladin, Puritan, Warlock

Dragon - Hunter, Neoshaman, Warlord, Wu
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-06-23 at 04:31 AM.

Deleted
    sigh gave it another spin and healing is still unbearable.

also who the twitch decided that a 1 sec gcd was ok ? shits hurting my finger just to spam heal to keep tank aliveplay

and it's still freaking hard to get any quest done solo as a healer. Probably means that no one will roll healer. again. and they wonder why nobody play them. Start to feel that gw2 is taking the right step : if all you do is shit on healers, might as well not have them at all
    Last edited by mmoce098a05eeb; 2012-06-23 at 01:09 AM.