Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I love the Pyramidian. Have you talked to the girl in the server room yet? She's got some funny gossip lines too.
    Nope, not yet. Will check her out though :3

This game was such a pleasant surprise. The story is immersive, there is an active population and the talent wheel system is addictive.

This may just be me being new to the game, but something that hooked me was the sense of impending danger... You can actually die while leveling if you slip up or get a bit careless. Fits well with overall theme of the game.

Also, the voice acting is quite good, and there is a fair amount of diversity in quests. I have not hit QL10.x so I can't comment on the 'endgame' but I am very glad I picked this game up.

In case anyone is enterested. I finally got email with game key... 2 hours after purchase.

But another funny thing happened on funcom page. Turned out I still have active account which I made during beta. So, I go to password recovery. I type email in and receive a mail with my login, but without password. I go to password receovery again and type in my mail and login. This time I get a dedicated link to password retrieval. Ok. I enter, and I get another mail with new temporary password. I log in and try to register TSW key on this account and I'm told my email isn't verified (lol). So I get yet another mail with link for email verification. In the end 4 mails had to be sent to me from Funcom
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    In case anyone is enterested. I finally got email with game key... 2 hours after purchase.

But another funny thing happened on funcom page. Turned out I still have active account which I made during beta. So, I go to password recovery. I type email in and receive a mail with my login, but without password. I go to password receovery again and type in my mail and login. This time I get a dedicated link to password retrieval. Ok. I enter, and I get another mail with new temporary password. I log in and try to register TSW key on this account and I'm told my email isn't verified (lol). So I get yet another mail with link for email verification. In the end 4 mails had to be sent to me from Funcom
    You've had a right lot of fun to get through all those hoops. I think the origin ones were worse but still! I still access the testlive forums for the secret world with my closed beta account, I can't seem to get my conventional account to go there, not that thats a big deal, at least I can still access them when new things are near release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Doing the quests also requires some brains. I really liked the morse code quest.
    Investigation quest are amazing, cannot beg people enough to actually try to do quest before they open the in game browser and just type in *quest name here* walkthrough. This is one of the only MMO's that I can say I enjoy leveling in, the zones are very well constructed, the quest are thought through, barely feel the same. Are there any words on expansion packs that add more zones and "levels" or decks? Or will they just keep releasing content in the form of Special Issues, I would love to see more done to this game. Also Mayans are annoying. Make it stop

Well, we know that Tokyo will be the next zone that will be coming after Transylvania. Sometime this year is about all I know.

Deleted
    Do they offer a free trial for this game? I have been burned too many times by new MMO's and do not want to make the same mistake again.

There was 3-day trial offered 2 months ago. Not sure if it's actual
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    There was 3-day trial offered 2 months ago. Not sure if it's actual
    Bugger, guess I have to wait a while then.

Deleted
    I decided try this game out now that it's B2P and on sale.

All I can say is that I'm blown away. The B2P model with monthly 'episodes' of content is amazing. The game really pulls you in with the well-written story and original setting. This game gives me hope for the MMO genre.
    Last edited by mmoc48e3d08f2b; 2013-01-03 at 05:11 PM.

i have not played for months now, what happened to those who bought life-time sub ?

I am cautiously optimistic about this - I will have to look more at the game play and see how that is? Pretty graphics do not make a game (i.e. Aion) and honestly it will take a lot to take me away from WOW - even for a short-time.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i have not played for months now, what happened to those who bought life-time sub ?
    They get a pretty nice stipend of cash shop currency every month, I think 20% off of all cash shop purchases, weekly allotments of experience boosts ect., and some other nice perks.

I was super worried about the reaction from lifers, but thus far (purely anecdotal) out of the hundred(s) of posts on various boards I've seen, only a small handful have been upset with what they received.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I am cautiously optimistic about this - I will have to look more at the game play and see how that is? Pretty graphics do not make a game (i.e. Aion) and honestly it will take a lot to take me away from WOW - even for a short-time.
    the set and story is enough.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Do they offer a free trial for this game? I have been burned too many times by new MMO's and do not want to make the same mistake again.
    They did until they changed it to B2P, after that they took it away. It's a shame, it would of helped sell even more imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    They did until they changed it to B2P, after that they took it away. It's a shame, it would of helped sell even more imo.
    Indeed, All I would ask for is a 2-3 day trial just to try it out. I have tried so many new MMO's lately only to get bored after 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Given that on amazon atm you can buy the game for $17.99 US, or $12.99 if you have one of their $5 coupons for a purchase last month from their website ... I really can't see how theres any "excuse" to not give it a try. That's essentially one month sub to another game and knowing full well that once thats over, the game is yours.

And hell, looking at the amount of praise in this thread since the game went B2P, anyone on the fence ... hell, if they aren't curious and willing to put one sub month worth down to give it a try ... well, they never will.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Indeed, All I would ask for is a 2-3 day trial just to try it out. I have tried so many new MMO's lately only to get bored after 2 weeks.
    Apparently it is possible to send someone invite to the game which gives them 24h to try the game for free. If you want to I can try and send you such invite. Just PM me with your email

Deleted
    Starting a templar to roleplay tommorow on Arcadia with a friend, anyone who would like feel free to join us, just tell me

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Starting a templar to roleplay tommorow on Arcadia with a friend, anyone who would like feel free to join us, just tell me
    I'm on Arcadia now. Haven't had a lot of free time lately, but when I'm on I'm playing Melisande.