Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Anyone on EU that has a "guild" or the likes that I could join? I used to play the game when it came out, but I only used one months subscription, and I didn't really play a lot. I'm gonna play some more since it's buy to play now.
    It's one single server and there's no split between NA and EU. I'd try the official forums at http://forums.thesecretworld.com/

So what do people generally think is the best item to start spending bullions on? I want to pick one and keep upgrading it before moving onto another item, but can never decide which to start with as I've barely gotten any drops yet, so the possibilities are many :P Is it weapons? Even though they take so many bullions to upgrade fully.
    Meh.

It depends on your spec. If you're a fist healer for example, your weapon dps goes a huge way towards your healing efficiency so getting your fist weapon to 10.4 first (glyph not as important but still) is the priority. Other specs have different priorities. Overall though, if you know that the first weapon you upgrade you will be using for the forseeable future - you're not going to be disappointed.

Personally I filled out my weapons' primary roles and kept my talismans up to par as well so I wouldn't be stuck being unable to equip upgrades.

This game is soo good, i actually keep subscribed without playing.

The Secret World seems interesting. I wish they would tell you early on that it's best to do the side quests instead of just the main class quest. I found myself jumping a ton of side quests. Then found out I was not strong enough yet to advance on my story. I am really interested to see the zone past the zombies. I think it should only get better from there.

The combat needs to be tweaked a bit. It feels awkward sometimes shooting and running at the same time. I'd also wish they help direct you more easily to locations. It's a good story so far and fact I only bought it once makes me feel great that I do not have to pay expect for the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Send it to all your video gaming friends. It's a steal for that price! I hate origin, but I applaud them for that price, lowest I've seen it without any kind of coupon or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Send it to all your video gaming friends. It's a steal for that price! I hate origin, but I applaud them for that price, lowest I've seen it without any kind of coupon or anything.
    I've been so tempted to buy this game ever since I played the beta. I was holding off until I got a newer computer so I could play it at some decent settings but at that price I'll just buy it online and install it later once I got my new system.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    The Secret World seems interesting. I wish they would tell you early on that it's best to do the side quests instead of just the main class quest. I found myself jumping a ton of side quests. Then found out I was not strong enough yet to advance on my story. I am really interested to see the zone past the zombies. I think it should only get better from there.

The combat needs to be tweaked a bit. It feels awkward sometimes shooting and running at the same time. I'd also wish they help direct you more easily to locations. It's a good story so far and fact I only bought it once makes me feel great that I do not have to pay expect for the DLC.
    I think there are loading screen hints or something of the sort that tell you not to rush through the story mission and do side quests :P If you don't do everything in a zone before moving on you WILL have trouble later unless you have already researched and are moving towards an optimal questing deck. The combat probably felt weird to most people at the start, but it doesn't need to be tweaked because you can move and cast at the same time, it's how the fights are designed at end game As for directing you more easily, there are many breadcrumb quests if you simply do missions you run into as you go along your story mission. You can hold one main main mission, your story mission and 3 side missions in your log at the same time. Pick up main missions, they're the bread and butter of the game and your advancement, and generally you will find a side mission somewhere on the way to lead you either back to the same hub/quest giver or a new one.

As for getting better, I found the quality of the zones to keep going up zone by zone
    Meh.

Wow. If it is truly B2P I'm seriously thinking of buying...

Do you have to 'unlock' the endgame stuff at all, or is it straight B2P?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

Currently, the only thing you have to unlock is the latest mission update, the Tyler Freeborn one. But you have access to everything else, that update only has 4 missions that are part of a story chain.
    Meh.

$10 is a steal for this game. I'm thinking about buying another account just to show some friends how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post

You have access to 100% of the game content now. They will be releasing DLC later that you have the option to purchase, but at the moment you get everything except one (I think only one) of the auxiliary weapons.

I have no problem paying for future DLC if it is a buy to play (as long as the content in the DLC is worth the price). Personally I think that is how all games should go

It's definitely a steal for $10. Personally I thought it was worth paying a sub for (and still do).

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You have access to 100% of the game content now. They will be releasing DLC later that you have the option to purchase, but at the moment you get everything except one (I think only one) of the auxiliary weapons.
    Nope, you still get the quantum brace, that mission is part of the over-arching update, but not part of the DLC (The Vanishing of Tyler Freeborn).
    Meh.

Everything that's on the live servers now is included with the purchase of the client. The DLC starts with Issue #6.

Everything that's on the live servers now is included with the purchase of the client. The DLC starts with Issue #6.
    Afaik you only got the Tyler Freeborn DLC for free if you bought the game in January.
    Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Afaik you only got the Tyler Freeborn DLC for free if you bought the game in January.
    I think that was the case prior to the new layoffs and resulting delay of Issue 6.