Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Looking foward to the next DLC =)
    I'm just glad to be headed back to Egypt again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    I'm just glad to be headed back to Egypt again!
    I'm currently there on my char, its even better than the first area. The feel and immersion is pretty cool.
    I wonder if they'll ever make Tokyo as a playable zone, my "Dragon" character would love it =p

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I'm currently there on my char, its even better than the first area. The feel and immersion is pretty cool.
    I wonder if they'll ever make Tokyo as a playable zone, my "Dragon" character would love it =p
    They're working on that right now. I'm not sure if it's the entire city, or just the Orochi Tower.

This game has been ridiculously addicting so far. I'm just now finishing up Blue Mountain but it really is good even with a few small bugs.

I am kinda interested so far. It says early on in the game you will have the choice to side with your faction or go against them. Do you have situations where you can make a moral choice (Like in Bioware Games) that affect the outcome of your faction in a certain situation.

This is the video I'm talking about

It say's beware of the voices because they corrupt..

and other one say's because they speak the truth..

Without spoilers will I be making any personal choices in my faction missions
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2013-01-29 at 01:03 AM.

Without spoilers will I be making any personal choices in my faction missions
    There really isn't personal choices like GW2, the story is pretty linear for your faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Zito said, at least from where i am in the game atm. There is although one choice (up to where i am) but not faction related.

After the first inital zone with the zombies, does it start to quicken the pace. I on accident focused solely on the main faction mission and now I'm too under leveled. I'm running back to do the side missions while curiously wondering what's ahead of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    After the first inital zone with the zombies, does it start to quicken the pace. I on accident focused solely on the main faction mission and now I'm too under leveled. I'm running back to do the side missions while curiously wondering what's ahead of me.
    It depends what you mean by "quicken the pace". The questing and such stays relatively similar, but the gains in AP/SP pick up so you don't really feel like you're having to wait longer before getting an upgrade, despite costs climbing quickly. The combat becomes more dynamic, particularly if you're still in Kingsmouth. I haven't had a chance to really play for the last couple weeks, been busy, but I'm messing about in Transylvania now; I felt the pace accelerated into Blue Mountain, and it maintains the pace through Egypt. Transylvania takes a bit of a rethink; you should be maxing out your weapon/talisman skills to 10 by the time you're leaving Egypt, so Transylvania is less of a "next quest hub", and more of an endgame questing concept. Some of the sections are designed to be horrendously punitive unless you tweak your build to account for them; some mobs will get buffs if you use certain states against them, like Affliction, so if you've been running with an Affliction build up till then, they will hand you your keister every time.

You can group to power through them, but soloing it means building up certain decks to handle it (not that there's a specific one, but you'll need certain types of abilities and certain states you can trigger reliably), and likely getting some decent gear, too; Transylvania missions drop QL10 items, but you'll be wanting to get QL10 blues, and those are mostly in Elite dungeons (the first step up from "normal" dungeons).

What this means is that, unlike WoW where you level level level level BAM 90 and then start thinking of endgame, you should start planning for endgame in Egypt, and once you hit Transylvania, you'll want to start pushing into Elite dungeons and such; don't expect to finish Transylvania quests and THEN start elites/nightmares.

While it's a tad bit of a let down I won't be making any personal moral choices. I am interested in the Transylvania missions in fact that name alone is enough to make me cannot wait to get there. I'm mostly interested in the story besides the whole raiding would you say the expanding faction story is compelling and when I say the pace quicken.

I do not mean the actual combat. I mean the intensity of the story line and all the other interactions. I thought the opening intro was really interesting. It took me a bit to function inside the MMO I'm not used to some of the things. Overall it is a interesting game with polished graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the game, but I'm back into WoW again, and due to some TDR issues with my computer, I'm trying to clean out any games I don't play. But TSW is giving me a big no-no. Trying to open the launcher brings up an "Unable to locate LocalConfig.xml in the clients installation file." error box, and trying to remove with the Uninstall Programs thing under Control Panel brings up an "Messages file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\TheSecretWorld\unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct and try again." error.

Is the a repair tool or something that fixes my TSW file? I don't think I've touched that file or deleted anything from it. I tried putting in the game disc to see if that brought up anything, but it didn't.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I liked the game, but I'm back into WoW again, and due to some TDR issues with my computer, I'm trying to clean out any games I don't play. But TSW is giving me a big no-no. Trying to open the launcher brings up an "Unable to locate LocalConfig.xml in the clients installation file." error box, and trying to remove with the Uninstall Programs thing under Control Panel brings up an "Messages file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\TheSecretWorld\unins000.msg" is missing. Please correct and try again." error.

Is the a repair tool or something that fixes my TSW file? I don't think I've touched that file or deleted anything from it. I tried putting in the game disc to see if that brought up anything, but it didn't.
    I have no idea...

Try the Tech Support forum: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

10+ Year Old Account

Download Revo Uninstaller: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...nstaller.shtml

I use this to do clean uninstalls of software because built in wizards and windows uninstaller does a piss poor job of leaving leftover files. Ive also used this when the windows uninstaller fails. You can always find the game directory and delete it manually as well, but Revo will also remove registry keys.

Just got my fancy-pants new computer, and the graphics are so pretty (maybe... atmospheric is a better word!) when you can dial them up all the way... I stopped playing last time becuase the game just ran badly on my old pc.

Played for a while ages ago, but have decided to start again with a clean slate and new character now, and so far it's still a great game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can run this in mostly Medium settings with some in High and it looks good. I should really buy a new PC >.<. I like playing with everything maxed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Download Revo Uninstaller: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/U...nstaller.shtml

I use this to do clean uninstalls of software because built in wizards and windows uninstaller does a piss poor job of leaving leftover files. Ive also used this when the windows uninstaller fails. You can always find the game directory and delete it manually as well, but Revo will also remove registry keys.
    Don't particularly want to download something like that. If I just find the directory and delete all the files manually, will TSW be removed from the Uninstall Programs list?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't particularly want to download something like that. If I just find the directory and delete all the files manually, will TSW be removed from the Uninstall Programs list?
    Not usually; that involves registry editing and the like if you really want to clear it out. That's one reason for utilities like that. Revo Uninstaller is a solid program, though; it's not malware or something.

linear?

mario bros is a linear game. NO mmo is linear by any stretch of the meaning of the word.

Uhm, many MMOs have linear story. TSW's main story is linear as well. You have only few story quest chains and they all must be done in proper order. That's what zito was talking about - story and not gameplay. Although even with gameplay there is some linear...ity. You go to kingsmouth first, then savage coast, then blue mountain and so on.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrawler View Post
    linear?

mario bros is a linear game. NO mmo is linear by any stretch of the meaning of the word.
    TSW is very linear indeed. You have a pre-determined order and path to complete the main quests. The only thing that breaks said linearity is the side missions that can be completed mostly in any order at any given zone.