Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    10 bucks with a healthy amount of extra currency left over, not bad. That's actually cheaper than DCUO DLC, and I think they handle it wonderfully on their end. Well played Funcom. I can even pick it up with the free 1200 you get for completing 30 missions! I knew I held onto it for a reason : )

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I knew I held onto it for a reason : )
    Skanky clothes? That's what I spend mine on.

That's actually a good price, will definatly buy it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Again thanks for the run yesterday It was fun. I'm also glad I finally got elite SH down.
    And again, despite the frustration, I was still glad to help. Once more, my apologies that it took longer than it probably should have and thank you for your patience. In that particular group we got, I think our problem was that our dps was actually hitting the boss a little too hard a little too fast, causing him to run to the middle more often, and summoning more adds before we could properly deal with the adds we already had. That was especially the problem with the "pillar strategy" they wanted to use it at first. Often, the boss would just get done with doing his AOE in the middle, and then he'd run right back into the middle, preventing me from running over to grab the adds that spawned previously, while also causing even more adds to pop up after. -_- Obviously, it's a boss encounter I still need to continue to work on, and I've already been spending some time looking up various tips and strategies for the fight, which will hopefully help me to refine things before the next group I run SH with. Still, glad I was able to help you out, and I wish you luck with the Gatekeeper, if you haven't already yet tackled him.

Regarding DLC Pricing: Do we know if that's going to be standard for all DLC, or is that just the cost for Issue #5? Also, when it comes to the next issue, and the implementation of the Whip auxiliary weapon, I just hope it will have some use for a tank. The current choice of auxiliary weapons for tanks is rather sparse, and most are a tad bit on the bulky and inelegant side, for me. Though I'd be willing to make use of them when I have the SP/AP for them, I'm still not keen on dancing across the field of battle as a dexterous chaos/blade tank...and suddenly stopping to whip out a bloody chainsaw or giant rocket launcher. Not something I find aesthetically pleasing in the least.
    The most dangerous man in the world is neither good nor evil, for no one truly knows what that madman will do.

Skanky clothes? That's what I spend mine on.
    I was thinking about it! I'll probably still be able to afford some for a 5 bucks more, but I'll have to find the time to drop into the game again (getting closer!)

Dreadlord
    While I am not a subscriber, this is the first game ever that I actually feel like I "need" to buy something from the store, not because I want it but simply because this game, which i got for about 20$, is worth so so so much more. It's an amazing game and i would happily sponsor them by buying stuff(will definetely buy every DLC to come)

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah we had too much of nearly everything. The boss is meant for a slow burn, but that one guy was doing too much dps.

On the plus side, I beat the gatekeeper today in 2 attempts. I thought one purge would be enough to kill him, but the CD on it was too long. I had to switch to another one to get his second. He only spawned one add before he died

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    On the plus side, I beat the gatekeeper today in 2 attempts. I thought one purge would be enough to kill him, but the CD on it was too long. I had to switch to another one to get his second. He only spawned one add before he died
    Congrats! Nice work. Now, all that's left is to face the world of Nightmare...dungeons.
    The most dangerous man in the world is neither good nor evil, for no one truly knows what that madman will do.

Two points:

One, does anyone else have this game just absolutely blow up their system? I constantly run into the "dxgi_error_device_removed" crash these days, and it is insanely frustrating.

Two, due to that, I've been really slow getting anywhere. Not that it's a bad thing - this game is just amazing, and spending extra time on it is no loss. I finally got the chance to do the Tyler Freeborn chain, and just damn. What an amazing piece of work that was. These guys know how to make atmosphere and tell a story. So, so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    Two points:

One, does anyone else have this game just absolutely blow up their system? I constantly run into the "dxgi_error_device_removed" crash these days, and it is insanely frustrating.

Two, due to that, I've been really slow getting anywhere. Not that it's a bad thing - this game is just amazing, and spending extra time on it is no loss. I finally got the chance to do the Tyler Freeborn chain, and just damn. What an amazing piece of work that was. These guys know how to make atmosphere and tell a story. So, so awesome.
    Try switching to DX9 or updating your DX11. What settings are you running the game on?

I run it on max, using a GTX570 at the moment. Everything should be up to date, I believe. I'll give DX9 a shot and see what comes of it.

I run it on max, using a GTX570 at the moment. Everything should be up to date, I believe. I'll give DX9 a shot and see what comes of it.
    You're having the same issue that a lot of people had around launch. Switching to DX9, reinstalling DX11, and turning down lighting effects were all reported to help, but not completely eliminate the issue. Report back and let us know what helps!

DX9 seemed to help - didn't run into the issue after swapping over. That said, there are times where it has a lull anyway. Either way, thanks for the info. Hope it gets fixed, however... I miss some of the DX11 visuals

DX9 seemed to help - didn't run into the issue after swapping over. That said, there are times where it has a lull anyway. Either way, thanks for the info. Hope it gets fixed, however... I miss some of the DX11 visuals
    Glad I could help! It does suck that the game is so intensive and not exactly optimized the best. A 570 should be able to run it. I'd say to post on their official forums in the Tech Support section, but they've been in a transition and cut back mode, so those forums are pretty dead. The users are pretty quick so it may be worth it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Didn't notice that you got 1200 funcom points for free, that's awesome I should probably get issue #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Didn't notice that you got 1200 funcom points for free, that's awesome I should probably get issue #5.
    Yup, for completing 30 missions. It's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    I bought some skanky clothes for my Dragon asian chick with those points aha. Turns out i acquired a taste for it and have now purchased like 4 or 5 other outfits.
    The funny thing is, my favorite outfit atm is the Martial Artist deck outfit, with the mask/bandana of the Ninja deck outfit. Looks sexay. =p
    Talk about spending superflous money

I bought the game about a week ago and having a blast (I Played the beta but didn't buy into it until now). I'm actually trying to do Blue Mountain first before Egypt. Yes I know Egypt is supposed to be "easier" but I just want to do things in the correct story order. Having a blast right now. Will prob have the Martial Artist Deck done in another few days.

Will prob buy Issue 5 when it comes out. Well worth the cost IMO. I hope the game continues to sell well and grow over time. Keep the PvP contained as a side show and push PvE content and I'll be a happy clam.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I bought the game about a week ago and having a blast (I Played the beta but didn't buy into it until now). I'm actually trying to do Blue Mountain first before Egypt. Yes I know Egypt is supposed to be "easier" but I just want to do things in the correct story order. Having a blast right now. Will prob have the Martial Artist Deck done in another few days. .
    Honestly the whole Egypt before BM thing is pointless now. There may have been merit to it when the game was first released, but they heavily toned down BM a month or so in, and it's really not that difficult anymore - especially if you've made sure to cover every quest in the previous two zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    Honestly the whole Egypt before BM thing is pointless now. There may have been merit to it when the game was first released, but they heavily toned down BM a month or so in, and it's really not that difficult anymore - especially if you've made sure to cover every quest in the previous two zones.
    I didn't bother going to egypt before basically finishing BM myself. I still had some group stuff to do there, and a couple higher-end questlines, but I finished most of the normal stuff before moving on to Egypt.