DX9 is definitely a fix I would try for the crashing. My old system needed it to run stably (is that a word? ) I also went into the advanced settings and turrned down the settings to 1 or 2 and it helped quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well, hearing the positive responses on this, I'm actually looking forward to getting home to try it out. I won't get my hopes up, because there's nothing worse than thinking you found a solution to a problem just to be let down again lol. With computers, this happens soooo much.
    I double checked my options menu and its running on DX9. I'm almost sure i changed it from DX11 to increase performance as some threads on the official forum suggested and it certainly made the stuttering and framerate drops less frequent/shorter. Hope it helps your crashing aswell.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It appears that DX9 did fix the problem, but still having trouble killing things. The blade/fist build is worse than the one I was using, healing is nowhere near enough. I guess I'll try the fist magic one when I have some free time tomorrow.
    BAD WOLF

It appears that DX9 did fix the problem, but still having trouble killing things. The blade/fist build is worse than the one I was using, healing is nowhere near enough. I guess I'll try the fist magic one when I have some free time tomorrow.
    Movement is another big part of Blue Mountain challenges -- dodging (especially away from the damn Ak'ab!) becomes important as well as simply keeping going as you fight. Reduces damage by a third. Also, double check your skill bars and see if you have been allocating some towards survivability. You really need to up your health, block/evade/defense, and survivability stats in that zone. Also, check out the weapons they sell at the Wakanabi trailer park; some nice blues there.

Deleted
    If you like, I could just come help you get through blue mountain and get it over with :P Could have a look at your deck too, see if I can recommend any easy fixes.

Running on 64-bit windows will also greatly increase stability.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean wanting to seamlessly finish one battle and enter another right away, unless im doing something wrong too you can't do that in this game. I always have to wait a bit for the health to regen to max. Also have you checked the post office (AH) in London? while its technically not cheating, you can just buy QL 5-6-7 (assuming you have that much SPs invested in Talismans and Weapons to allow you to equip them) and make it easier on yourself. Gear makes a huge difference in this game. And PAX Romana is everywhere to be found, i have more than i can spend having done all missions so far, no dungeons ,no pvp.

As per some poster suggested, on sunday ill be mostly free, if you wanna ill help you breeze through the Blue Mountains. I can migrate temporarely to your server or vice versa.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-05 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    If you mean wanting to seamlessly finish one battle and enter another right away, unless im doing something wrong too you can't do that in this game. I always have to wait a bit for the health to regen to max. Also have you checked the post office (AH) in London? while its technically not cheating, you can just buy QL 5-6-7 (assuming you have that much SPs invested in Talismans and Weapons to allow you to equip them) and make it easier on yourself. Gear makes a huge difference in this game. And PAX Romana is everywhere to be found, i have more than i can spend having done all missions so far, no dungeons ,no pvp.

As per some poster suggested, on sunday ill be mostly free, if you wanna ill help you breeze through the Blue Mountains. I can migrate temporarely to your server or vice versa.
    I already use the AH in London lol. And to be honest, with fists you can move seamlessly and not wait for regen if you take the right mix of healing, but it takes a little too long for my tastes to kill things. thought the sword/fist build would increase that, but it seemed to be just as slow except now I have large downtime between fights and pulling more than one thing is almost guaranteed death now.

I don't expect to be some all powerful god, but not being able to pull 2 mobs, or one and then another one immediately without having to use potions, run in crazy ass circles nonstop, and basically crossing your fingers is not fun gameplay to me. Everyone keeps saying it's Blue Mountain, but idk.

I appreciate the offers on BM, but I'm working overtime at the office all weekend. Which brings me to another question, that I think I know the answer to, but wanted to clarify.

Once my 'subscription' runs out, what am I losing other than a discount in the cash shop? Anything vital to gameplay?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I already use the AH in London lol. And to be honest, with fists you can move seamlessly and not wait for regen if you take the right mix of healing, but it takes a little too long for my tastes to kill things. thought the sword/fist build would increase that, but it seemed to be just as slow except now I have large downtime between fights and pulling more than one thing is almost guaranteed death now.

I don't expect to be some all powerful god, but not being able to pull 2 mobs, or one and then another one immediately without having to use potions, run in crazy ass circles nonstop, and basically crossing your fingers is not fun gameplay to me. Everyone keeps saying it's Blue Mountain, but idk.

I appreciate the offers on BM, but I'm working overtime at the office all weekend. Which brings me to another question, that I think I know the answer to, but wanted to clarify.

Once my 'subscription' runs out, what am I losing other than a discount in the cash shop? Anything vital to gameplay?
    That refreshment thingy that gave you twice the XP for kills during 1 hour i think. Other than that , nothing i think. That i have noticed . Which is good. (I'm not subbed).

10+ Year Old Account
    That refreshment thingy that gave you twice the XP for kills during 1 hour i think. Other than that , nothing i think. That i have noticed . Which is good. (I'm not subbed).
    That's going to go away when my sub is up?

Oh god...what about my Anubis Dog?
    BAD WOLF

There's food in the game to fix downtime between fights, takes you up to full health in a matter of seconds (as long as you're out of combat). Tacos from the haitian market in London is the classic, but there's plenty more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are good combos to use in the game?

I've not played for a while but thinking about coming back, my current combo was pistols and sword (I had unlocked the equipment thing, forgotten what it is called), however I think I made a mistake going for that combo.

My preferred combo would be good dps and some healing.

Deleted
    That's going to go away when my sub is up?

Oh god...what about my Anubis Dog?
    My pet and accelerator never disappeared on me at least o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Ok whew...Anuberman Pinscher is safe for another day.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a Shotgun the other day and have been fiddling with a "Deck" to incorporate it with my Elementalism. I really like it, and combat is actually a lot more fun than I was originally led to believe. I think part of that fun is having so much control of your abilities and build. I'm still working on my build though. I've started putting points into one of the Misc Wheels in order to get a self-heal. Am I right and assuming that those Wheels are more for rounding out your role as a DPS, Tank, or Healer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    The yellow colored drink is gone from my inventory. Im pretty sure i never deleted it either . As for the pet, i couldn't really care less, if i want a pet ill get a cat IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    The yellow colored drink is gone from my inventory. Im pretty sure i never deleted it either . As for the pet, i couldn't really care less, if i want a pet ill get a cat IRL.
    Blashpemy! I have a cat irl and I need more virtual pets with egyptian masks on!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I've started putting points into one of the Misc Wheels in order to get a self-heal. Am I right and assuming that those Wheels are more for rounding out your role as a DPS, Tank, or Healer?
    Actually i think its more like CC, Tanking or Healer. But your assumption is otherwise right.

Is there a trial yet? I'd love to buy the game but want to make sure I'd enjoy it before doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What are good combos to use in the game?

I've not played for a while but thinking about coming back, my current combo was pistols and sword (I had unlocked the equipment thing, forgotten what it is called), however I think I made a mistake going for that combo.

My preferred combo would be good dps and some healing.
    I run an elementalism and shotgun build that focuses on afflicted status. Later in the game though, you'll need to keep an eye on buffs on the mobs like "deals 25% more damage while in afflicted state" and "100% chance to critically strike while in afflicted state." Think of anything after Scorched Desert as "endgame" questing, because of a lot of it is tough; it'll give you good practice for moving into elite and nightmare dungeons.