Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Is there another weapon that synergizes well with Afflicted states? I say that because my Shock (adding DoT to target Passive) + Blaze combo (with the +40% crit to Afflicted Target Passive) is pretty much my bread and butter. Plus I just really like lobbing lightning and fire. Aesthetically I still like pulling a shotgun over the shoulder for a single one-handed shot (Out for a Kill) since its such an action movie cliche.

Also, I got into Eqypt over the weekend and really like the new setting. Its a completely new environment, but it retains the sense of ominous mystery that Solomon Island had. I'm also curious whether the storyline from Solomon Island will continue because it "seems" that Egypt is completely different. But I'm wondering if its one of those things that seems unrelated, but by the end you see how they are related.
    Solomon is a seperate storyline and the first few updates continued it a little, recently they been adding to Egypt. Um there are a few passives in Assault rifle that produces affliction on crit or pen (one or the other I can't remember).

http://yokaiblog.wikidot.com/guides:weapon-choices

That's a short guide that has tables for all synergies (state, trigger and subtypes). Elemental is the only one that uses both Afflicted and crits - but it synergizes with pistols on both crit and chain attacks. The downside with using only Elemental/Pistols/Shotgun is that they're all support weapons, so you have very little damage mitigation or healing.

Generally you'd base a combo on either state or trigger synergies (afflicted or crit for elemental), as subtype limits you to either single target or aoe attacks. If you want synergies on both trigger and weaken/afflicted (hindered and impaired are much rarer), you'll be very limited: hammer/pistol, blade/blood and rifle/fist are the only three pairs that combo on both. Not sure if you really gain that much by going for such a combo. Probably better to mix in passives from three or four different weapons that synergize well with your actives.

Haven't played in quite a while. I see it's a B2P/F2P model now but is there new content that is purchase only? I'm a little confused.

Yes the content that is being added now you have to pay for. I think it is a pretty good system myself.

TSW will always have a special place in my heart. I wouldn't touch it if it still had a sub though. Just not the best time for me financially. That's why I'm kind of hesitant as to what those b2p articles really are, is it just a couple of short quest chains or something at least a little bit more substantial. Gotta check for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    TSW will always have a special place in my heart. I wouldn't touch it if it still had a sub though. Just not the best time for me financially. That's why I'm kind of hesitant as to what those b2p articles really are, is it just a couple of short quest chains or something at least a little bit more substantial. Gotta check for myself.
    I can't really say what it is in comparison to old updates, but I know the new update has a large quest chain and the new Whip auxiliary weapon.

Is there another weapon that synergizes well with Afflicted states? I say that because my Shock (adding DoT to target Passive) + Blaze combo (with the +40% crit to Afflicted Target Passive) is pretty much my bread and butter. Plus I just really like lobbing lightning and fire. Aesthetically I still like pulling a shotgun over the shoulder for a single one-handed shot (Out for a Kill) since its such an action movie cliche.

Also, I got into Eqypt over the weekend and really like the new setting. Its a completely new environment, but it retains the sense of ominous mystery that Solomon Island had. I'm also curious whether the storyline from Solomon Island will continue because it "seems" that Egypt is completely different. But I'm wondering if its one of those things that seems unrelated, but by the end you see how they are related.
    One of the handiest features of the game (that a LOT of people miss) is the Search panel to the right of the ability wheel. Allows you to search on a condition (e.g. "Afflicted") and find other abilities that exploit it. Remember that passives can be from any weapon, not just equipped!

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pokot View Post
    Basically you get the first 4 Issues with the purchase of the game (as well as the entire game -- no lockouts), and Issues 5 and 6 are DLCs through the cash shop. They generally run $5-10, but both quest chains take place relatively late in the game, so you won't miss out on much if you wait to purchase them later. Here's a run down on what's in the issues:

http://unfair.co/tsw-guides/monthly-updates/

Deleted
    i feel like this game was beter if it was a single-player game

Quote Originally Posted by Ortwig View Post
    Basically you get the first 4 Issues with the purchase of the game (as well as the entire game -- no lockouts), and Issues 5 and 6 are DLCs through the cash shop. They generally run $5-10, but both quest chains take place relatively late in the game, so you won't miss out on much if you wait to purchase them later. Here's a run down on what's in the issues:

http://unfair.co/tsw-guides/monthly-updates/
    Thank you for the link. I'll check it out.

The issue 5 is free for me in the cash shop. Previous four, I would assume, are already added or something like that. But the 6th one is 10 EUR.

Do not know how much I have to catch up. Left with rank 13. But that's the beauty of TSW, I don't want to get there as fast as possible but rather hope that there's lots and lots to catch up to.
    Last edited by Pokot; 2013-04-24 at 07:39 AM.

One of the handiest features of the game (that a LOT of people miss) is the Search panel to the right of the ability wheel. Allows you to search on a condition (e.g. "Afflicted") and find other abilities that exploit it. Remember that passives can be from any weapon, not just equipped! [COLOR="red"]
    It wasn't until recently that I discovered I can search conditions etc, It helped me A LOT building decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    i feel like this game was beter if it was a single-player game
    This game has great small group content to be honest, and it's always more fun to play investigation and sabotage missions with friends. Although there is not any massive play-ability in the game (and to be fair there are a lot of MMOs that lost it nowadays anyway) and in theory an offline mode might seem fitting, but in reality I don't think I would even liked it that much if it was just a single player game. Not to mention that it would be a pretty crappy single player game (dem fetch quests!).

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the handiest features of the game (that a LOT of people miss) is the Search panel to the right of the ability wheel. Allows you to search on a condition (e.g. "Afflicted") and find other abilities that exploit it. Remember that passives can be from any weapon, not just equipped! [COLOR="red"]
    Wow, I didn't know that. That'll be really helpful. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've got a crapton of Pax Romana. What are you supposed to be spending it on? I've bought equipment upgrades from the AH and a few clothing items, but are there are other money sinks?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've got a crapton of Pax Romana. What are you supposed to be spending it on? I've bought equipment upgrades from the AH and a few clothing items, but are there are other money sinks?
    I hear if you mail them to a certain character it brings you lots of awesome things in the game. I'll PM you my details and you can give it all to me.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I hear if you mail them to a certain character it brings you lots of awesome things in the game. I'll PM you my details and you can give it all to me.
    If you need some, sure. I can't figure out what to spend it on and I've got a million sitting around not doing anything. I've got my suit and some QL10 weapons. I tried looking for Talismans, but all I see are tanky and healy flavors on the AH so I am sticking to what I find off of mobs.

If you need some, sure. I can't figure out what to spend it on and I've got a million sitting around not doing anything. I've got my suit and some QL10 weapons. I tried looking for Talismans, but all I see are tanky and healy flavors on the AH so I am sticking to what I find off of mobs.
    Upgrading to QL10.4 and enchants too is fairly expensive. A long with that weapon transmog kit. But after that, besides consumables and outfits there isn't much

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you need some, sure.
    Haha no, was just taking the mickey out of you. I'm currently elbows deep in Orrian Zombies these days. I'll get back to TSW probably sometime next week when I have some time off.
    BAD WOLF

Bank and bag slots, clothes (Pangaeia and subway in London), consumables, mats, talismans and weapons, crafting kits. But yeah, there could be more stuff to spend pax on!
    Last edited by Ortwig; 2013-04-27 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    sorry but me coming from wow,rift,swtor,gw2, aion etc... this is just not a good mmorpg, in my opinion.. who knows, i might just not be able to adjust to the new style

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    sorry but me coming from wow,rift,swtor,gw2, aion etc... this is just not a good mmorpg, in my opinion.. who knows, i might just not be able to adjust to the new style
    It's definitely different; it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is just different than all of those. It might not be good to you due to those differences but I don't think one can really say TSW isn't good.

Your statement at the end is probably the accurate one.