So I've decided to finally pick this game back up and "beat" it through.

I've only managed the first zone but for some reason, never really got any further. Hell, never touched the 3rd area of Solomon Isle or whatever.

Any tips? Recommendations? So on and so forth...

Edit: Awww poo. Apparently this is one of those clients that only uses like a fraction of my actual internet speed. Time to throw on the Netflix I guess...>:
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2015-10-02 at 04:21 AM.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Hmm, i was thinking of buying this game, and i had a couple of questions :

First off, im playing other games and recently bought some / paying subscriptions, so i want to get the game as cheap as i can (Well, don't we all do?)

So i saw there was the steam version (30€), and some sellers have the "retail" version (8€), but i know when such gap exists, theres something bad here for sure! I am losing content buying the cheap one? My friends play on Steam, will this affect playing with them if i pick the "retail"?

And in the other hand, since i want to play with friends, if i get the standard version (Ultimate Edition is too expensive for me right now), would i be losing key content?

I'm not sure but i read a bit here and there about this, and since i don't know the game, i may be mistaken, but if i understood right, the idea is to pick the Steam game (30€) + ultimate edition (60€) to have it all? Sorry if im mistaken, just wanna know!!

Hope you guys can help me with this because i'm not sure about what to buy, but i really wanna buy this game to play with my friends ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shigma View Post
    And in the other hand, since i want to play with friends, if i get the standard version (Ultimate Edition is too expensive for me right now), would i be losing key content?

I'm not sure but i read a bit here and there about this, and since i don't know the game, i may be mistaken, but if i understood right, the idea is to pick the Steam game (30€) + ultimate edition (60€) to have it all? Sorry if im mistaken, just wanna know!!
    30€ version includes issues (think major patches) up to 1.4.
    60€ version includes issues up to 1.11

If you get the 60€ version you get everything in the game except 1.12 but you get enough points while leveling to buy one extra issue and I bought that. You don't need the 30€ version.

If you buy the 30€ version you need to buy each issue for points (comes up to 10€ each)

However you don't need to buy everything if you want to play together with your friends except in newer content like if they go to Tokyo you'll need 1.9 through 1.11 to follow, or if they do The Last Train to Cairo you'll need 1.6 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    So I've decided to finally pick this game back up and "beat" it through.

I've only managed the first zone but for some reason, never really got any further. Hell, never touched the 3rd area of Solomon Isle or whatever.

Any tips? Recommendations? So on and so forth...
    Don't spend your black bullion on anything below Q10, it's not worth it, game is perfectly ok with just quest greens (well before Tokyo anyway). Also don't buy major talisman, ring, belt or occult talisman with bullion, you get Q10.1 from quests (provided you have all issues).

Sell anything below Q10 to vendors, disassemble only Q10 stuff.

If at all possible don't do missions above Normal difficulty (eg Hard, Very Hard etc). Not only are you getting absolutely no benefit, but are also penalized in the XP gained if you do (only 95% for Hard, 85% for Very Hard, peanuts for anything above). The opposite is not true - Very Easy missions still give full XP.

Level your skills 2 to 1 in Weapon/Talismans (by the time you hit 10 on your chosen weapon all 3 talismans should be 5 at least). I personally leveled one weapon to 10 and leveled the second alongside the talismans.

While you level ravaging glyphs (hit/penetration) are all you'll ever need. Really you don't need anything else before Q10 gear or unless you intend to tank/heal.

It's impossible to mess up your build so bad as to not be able to continue. You can always repeat quests for more XP and invest in different skills if you don't like your build though.

You get speed increase to sprint from your faction vendor. The first 2 are at faction level 2 and 4 iirc. You have to buy them in order - as in you can't buy Sprint IV before buying Sprint II and Sprint III.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2015-10-02 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    30€ version includes issues (think major patches) up to 1.4.
    60€ version includes issues up to 1.11

If you get the 60€ version you get everything in the game except 1.12 but you get enough points while leveling to buy one extra issue and I bought that. You don't need the 30€ version.

If you buy the 30€ version you need to buy each issue for points (comes up to 10€ each)

However you don't need to buy everything if you want to play together with your friends except in newer content like if they go to Tokyo you'll need 1.9 through 1.11 to follow, or if they do The Last Train to Cairo you'll need 1.6 etc.

Don't spend your black bullion on anything below Q10, it's not worth it, game is perfectly ok with just quest greens (well before Tokyo anyway). Also don't buy major talisman, ring, belt or occult talisman with bullion, you get Q10.1 from quests (provided you have all issues).

Sell anything below Q10 to vendors, disassemble only Q10 stuff.

If at all possible don't do missions above Normal difficulty (eg Hard, Very Hard etc). Not only are you getting absolutely no benefit, but are also penalized in the XP gained if you do (only 95% for Hard, 85% for Very Hard, peanuts for anything above). The opposite is not true - Very Easy missions still give full XP.

Level your skills 2 to 1 in Weapon/Talismans (by the time you hit 10 on your chosen weapon all 3 talismans should be 5 at least). I personally leveled one weapon to 10 and leveled the second alongside the talismans.

While you level ravaging glyphs (hit/penetration) are all you'll ever need. Really you don't need anything else before Q10 gear or unless you intend to tank/heal.

It's impossible to mess up your build so bad as to not be able to continue. You can always repeat quests for more XP and invest in different skills if you don't like your build though.

You get speed increase to sprint from your faction vendor. The first 2 are at faction level 2 and 4 iirc. You have to buy them in order - as in you can't buy Sprint IV before buying Sprint II and Sprint III.
    Thanks for the advice. :3

Edit: Well, 'The Dragon' certainly has a provocative and interesting start to it. >_>
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2015-10-02 at 04:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice. :3

Edit: Well, 'The Dragon' certainly has a provocative and interesting start to it. >_>
    I cracked up at that, but felt more at home with the Illuminati.

I mean, they started me off with an out of body experience provided via a drug cocktail. I knew I made the right choice.

Plus, your handler is a complete bitch and I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I cracked up at that, but felt more at home with the Illuminati.

I mean, they started me off with an out of body experience provided via a drug cocktail. I knew I made the right choice.

Plus, your handler is a complete bitch and I love her.
    I inherently dislike both the Templars and Illuminati. I'm not big on power in the sense of how they reflect it, if you've ever heard me discuss politics.

So 'The Dragon' seemed fairly appropriate. Made me like the shortest little freckled Asian girl possible, who is now running around with an AK and shotgun. x3

7+ Year Old Account
    I inherently dislike both the Templars and Illuminati. I'm not big on power in the sense of how they reflect it, if you've ever heard me discuss politics.

So 'The Dragon' seemed fairly appropriate. Made me like the shortest little freckled Asian girl possible, who is now running around with an AK and shotgun. x3
    Honestly, the fact I tank with a shot gun and a baseball bat is what keeps me playing.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Honestly, the fact I tank with a shot gun and a baseball bat is what keeps me playing.
    Heh, so far I like using the guns. Melee feels a bit clunky to me.

What do I have to look forward to towards the end of the game anyway? I'm personally a major PvE fan. Like my co-op dungeons and such that provide a hefty challenge.

Went to Arcadia I believe which is one of the two RP servers available. I don't always RP, sometimes even rarely(used to a lot to where I even made sites, short stories, and other stuff for my characters) but I'd like the option to be there. Plus people are typically better mannered on such servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Heh, so far I like using the guns. Melee feels a bit clunky to me.

What do I have to look forward to towards the end of the game anyway? I'm personally a major PvE fan. Like my co-op dungeons and such that provide a hefty challenge.

Went to Arcadia I believe which is one of the two RP servers available. I don't always RP, sometimes even rarely(used to a lot to where I even made sites, short stories, and other stuff for my characters) but I'd like the option to be there. Plus people are typically better mannered on such servers.
    To be quite frank, the missions and story are the highlight of the game. The actual game is mediocre, but still fun. I've had the game for a while and I've still yet to step into a hardmode dungeon. I've mainly been focusing on filling out my wheel and looking for a cabal.

And I do the same thing. I create a character, rather than a toon, so I don't break other's immersion, and I try to keep in character while talking on say, etc. This game makes it easy because I just play me, just a lot thinner. And I know magic.

Oh, and I'll suggest the same thing I suggest to everyone: play with headphones.

To be quite frank, the missions and story are the highlight of the game. The actual game is mediocre, but still fun. I've had the game for a while and I've still yet to step into a hardmode dungeon. I've mainly been focusing on filling out my wheel and looking for a cabal.

And I do the same thing. I create a character, rather than a toon, so I don't break other's immersion, and I try to keep in character while talking on say, etc. This game makes it easy because I just play me, just a lot thinner. And I know magic.

Oh, and I'll suggest the same thing I suggest to everyone: play with headphones.
    My situation is rather humorous really as I am playing like the complete opposite of myself.

I actually stand at nearly six feet tall, fairly built (not overweight nor thin), male, white, with like no hair. I just shave all of mine away and I have a beard.

My character is like the shortest, daintiest Asian female I could possibly make her with untamed, long hair, and green eyes. Obviously no beard...

I unfortunately can't play with headphones right now, use a stereo system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Halloween Event started today. Lots of goodies and it looks like a bunch of missions.

I'm rather stoked they have "all" the previous Halloween stuff available since I've missed it so far.

Halloween Event started today. Lots of goodies and it looks like a bunch of missions.

I'm rather stoked they have "all" the previous Halloween stuff available since I've missed it so far.
    Do you know of any guides for where to start stuff? I've always meant to do the halloween mission stuff but neither knew where to start nor have been able to find the time. Heard the new mission for this year is great, so pretty excited to check it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you know of any guides for where to start stuff? I've always meant to do the halloween mission stuff but neither knew where to start nor have been able to find the time. Heard the new mission for this year is great, so pretty excited to check it out.
    I had three voicemails waiting for me when I logged on today. I started with the cat god stuff from I think 2013.

Then I got distracted by a few killings of Super Jack.

I had three voicemails waiting for me when I logged on today. I started with the cat god stuff from I think 2013.

Then I got distracted by a few killings of Super Jack.
    Oh cool, nice. Damnit, there's too bloody much going on. SWTOR expansion, GW2 expansion, want to play through The Park, and a bunch of other stuff.

But I really don't want to miss this, so I guess I'll try to carve out some time this weekend to play through the missions. I totally forgot you can get voicemails. Wish we got more, because I loved the templar lady leaving messages and being constantly confused by technology.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh cool, nice. Damnit, there's too bloody much going on. SWTOR expansion, GW2 expansion, want to play through The Park, and a bunch of other stuff.

But I really don't want to miss this, so I guess I'll try to carve out some time this weekend to play through the missions. I totally forgot you can get voicemails. Wish we got more, because I loved the templar lady leaving messages and being constantly confused by technology.
    Yeah, I'm staggering my time between games. I told myself I'd do this stuff this year, and I'm doing my Park playthrough this weekend. Then it's back to space.

Heads up: I'd close down the chats while you work through the missions. People were looking for answers to stuff on them earlier.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2015-10-29 at 02:10 AM.

For those holding off on Halloween festivities, I'd highly recommend playing The Park before the new Halloween mission that came out this year for The Secret World. The new Halloween mission (The Seven Silences) seems like it has massive spoilers for The Park, for those who want to play through it completely fresh.

If you still want to pick up this year's Halloween goody bag, besides buying it in the item store, the Halloween mission from last year, The Broadcast, also gives you a 2015 Halloween goody bag. If you missed out on the goody bag from last year, you can buy two of them each day from a vendor in London's park for either Pax or Black Bullion.

And yeah, as JW mentioned, all of the old Halloween missions are back as well, and I'd definitely recommend people giving them a look if they didn't get a chance to play through them when they originally came out. I think the missions from the first two Halloween events, The Meowling and Spooky Tales from Solomon Island, are still my favorite thus far, which is why I went through and did them again at least once, despite the fact that the rewards from them this year aren't as good as those from the more recent missions.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have to be 'max level' to do all the Halloween stuff or is it the same level as the zones they are in?
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Do you have to be 'max level' to do all the Halloween stuff or is it the same level as the zones they are in?
    I remember seeing part of one of the old events and it was in that first batch of zones, so I imagine you can see much (or maybe all?) of them without having access to all the zones yet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Plus Super Jack is an event boss in Kingsmouth and is a great source of ap and sp even at lower levels. But you'd have to double check this with someone else, as I couldn't get confirmation before I went to bed last night.

Plus Super Jack is an event boss in Kingsmouth and is a great source of ap and sp even at lower levels. But you'd have to double check this with someone else, as I couldn't get confirmation before I went to bed last night.
    That a world boss? Because I'm totally down to kill some world bosses to farm up AP/SP, need a whole hell of a lot of both -_-