To add most normal dungeons are soloable for higher level folk so you see carries for story a lot.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I feel it'll help the atmosphere. Seeing 30 people in a haunted theme park you're investigating wasn't too spooky on release. Kingsmouth was incredibly packed. Replaying it much later felt much more satisfying when only 3-4 people were running about nearby.
    Seeing anyone with you makes it feel kinda odd to be honest. Not very scary to run around with 40 strangers mysteriously investigating the same cult activity as you are. But pretty pants-shitting when you are alone in the middle of a hellmouth with cthulu about to rip your heart out.

This game feels more appropriate with instanced maps with cool social hubs. In fact, I would be really keen to see the different 'factions' represented as more of a focused social hub in the cities they are located. Agartha by itself is a bit lame to be honest.

Honestly everything I'm hearing about this new version of the game sounds awesome.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Seeing anyone with you makes it feel kinda odd to be honest. Not very scary to run around with 40 strangers mysteriously investigating the same cult activity as you are. But pretty pants-shitting when you are alone in the middle of a hellmouth with cthulu about to rip your heart out.

This game feels more appropriate with instanced maps with cool social hubs. In fact, I would be really keen to see the different 'factions' represented as more of a focused social hub in the cities they are located. Agartha by itself is a bit lame to be honest.

Honestly everything I'm hearing about this new version of the game sounds awesome.
    Investigating some Tokyo missions as a small band or solo was pretty great. I'll never forget how creepy it was being alone in a giant skyscraper sized building that was a cult that collected children. Completely empty, effective lighting, creepy ambient noise with the occasional child giggling. All while you solve the mystery of what the Hell happened.

Yeah, London was the only other active place for a time. Mostly due to music events, the museum which ultimately was instances too, and clothes shopping. Oh and the auction house.

I'd like if new York was expanded on, I'm illuminati afterall.

Investigating some Tokyo missions as a small band or solo was pretty great. I'll never forget how creepy it was being alone in a giant skyscraper sized building that was a cult that collected children. Completely empty, effective lighting, creepy ambient noise with the occasional child giggling. All while you solve the mystery of what the Hell happened.

Yeah, London was the only other active place for a time. Mostly due to music events, the museum which ultimately was instances too, and clothes shopping. Oh and the auction house.

I'd like if new York was expanded on, I'm illuminati afterall.
    Tokyo was a zone I never got very far in, partially due to my extreme dislike of the Aegis system. I'm hoping they do something to make it not a total fucking nightmare with the relaunch, because I really want to see how the story progresses in that zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Tokyo was a zone I never got very far in, partially due to my extreme dislike of the Aegis system. I'm hoping they do something to make it not a total fucking nightmare with the relaunch, because I really want to see how the story progresses in that zone.
    Agreed. Aegis was a terrible thing. The mechanics were cool, but that grind was up there with some Korean mmos.

Which is unfortunate, because Tokyo had some amazing stories and content that was ultimately gated behind a hard grind. And attempting to go in early? Well you better be in 10.4 and higher gear.

I also hope they tackle that issue, and I'm sure they will. If they don't, there will be a hard wall players will hit with Tokyo and they'll have a major drop off due to either frustration or the grind.

Get up in the morning and see a Funcom email. Get excited at the prospect it might be a beta invite in the split second before you read the subject and see it's just an advertisement for Conan Exiles.

Which you already own...

Under NDA now. :S
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-04-17 at 05:12 AM.

Under NDA now. :S
    You can break it. They'll never know.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't tell.

Tempting. Very tempting.

I have screenshots.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-04-17 at 05:52 PM.

You've already broken the NDA by saying you were under the NDA so you might as well go all the way

Or did I type that before I hypothetically clicked a possible nda agreement button. Hypothetically.

Thereby attempting to find a loophole? O,o
    Hypothetically of course.

A new video about TSW Legends was released today:

Here is a link to the new release:

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/what_is_swl/

What is Secret World Legends?
    By AndyB | May 9, 2017
    Today we announced that we are releasing the game on June 26th, 2017!

We wanted to take this opportunity to provide an overview of what Secret World Legends is. Ever since we announced the game we’ve seen a lot of questions and discussions about what this means to The Secret World and what people can expect in Secret World Legends.

Today we’ve released a video that we hope better answers the question of what the game is:

Secret World Legends is a free-to-play reboot of 2012’s The Secret World. We’ve learned a lot over the past several years, and wanted to go back and draw upon as much of that experience in our approach for Secret World Legends. It will mean going back and re-doing many mechanics and design decisions from TSW, and there’s a ton of under-the-hood work going into Secret World Legends that may not even be immediately apparent from the get-go.

One of the most common questions we’ve received is simply why are we doing this?

We’re doing this because we feel the game still has a ton to offer. There are stories yet to be told, adventures yet to be had, and locations yet to be explored. As a studio, we had to decide whether to put the game on the backburner and move the team onto a new project, or if we should reinvest in it and breathe new, fresh air into the game. We decided on the latter, because we truly believe there is untapped potential in the game, and because there is a vast audience out there that haven’t even discovered the game yet – and hey, we think they should!

One of the things we knew we had to do to bring a new wave of players into the game is switch to a free-to-play model, and for that to truly work we’ve obviously had to make some significant changes to how the game plays. We know it’s a risk, but we’ve chosen to take that risk instead of seeing the game fade away. We’re giving it our best shot, and our hope is Secret World Legends will provide you with many more years of entertainment to come.

This reboot will allow us to continue adding new content and new storylines that will benefit players both new and old. Yes, we’ll finally be able to launch Season 2!

Now, let’s talk about the game itself!

We want to be able to share the story and setting with everybody, so what is apparent immediately are the changes to accessibility. We want to get players into the action as quickly as possible, so we’re adding a new tutorial that gets players into the game and in control right from the start! The entire ability and progression system from TSW has been redesigned to make way more sense, make every choice stand out, and minimize instances where players could feel like they made the wrong choice when building a character.

New starter “classes” have also been added, to help guide players along as they learn more about their abilities, weapons, and possible combinations. This is important, since every single weapon type is getting their own unique combat mechanics! For example, Shotguns now have an ammunition count, and can choose from a variety of ammo types (self-heal, damage over time, etc.) when reloaded!

The revamped ability and weapon system is built with the aim to make Secret World Legends’ gameplay more responsive and action-oriented. To that end, we’re adopting traditional action game controls, meaning aiming everything with the mouse and moving with the keyboard! We’ll have a closer look at combat next week.

Also in store is a rework of the dressing room, which will allow for keeping track of the thousands of available clothing options much, much easier, a whole free-to-play economy system, a new equipment and upgrade system, updated character creation options, a slew of new visual effects for abilities and playfields, and a whole bunch of other stuff I’m probably forgetting about or can’t talk about yet. We’ll have more about all that in the coming weeks!

Secret World Legends is currently in Closed Beta, and we’re getting a ton of constructive feedback about everything that’s changed so far. We also need to stress this has been a BETA-beta, not a glorified demo or stress test that runs for a week before launch, so there’s many aspects of the Beta still not polished or even ready to be tested right now.

So, first, we’d like to extend a huge thank-you to all our Closed Beta participants for your help in making Secret World Legends as awesome as it can be, and then for our testers with an extensive TSW background, a special thank-you for all your input on what we can improve on.

Change can be a tough, and despite all the new things going into it, Secret World Legends is still Secret World at its core. The story itself is still the spiraling, sprawling craziness we all love, the setting is still intact, and the zany investigation missions that have you trying to solve Morse code are all returning–uncompromised and unforgiving as ever. You know, the good stuff.

That is Secret World Legends in a nutshell.

Over the next few weeks we will be revealing more details about Secret World Legends and how it all works, so keep your eyes peeled! Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Andy Benditt

Community Manager

Secret World Legends
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-05-12 at 06:22 AM.

Saw an early combat demonstration and idk if it was just cause the mobs were in a low level area or what but the mob ai was dumb as bricks and the combat looked awful
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Eh, engine isn't exactly the best, spell effects donì't look exactly nice. ANyway - it's going to be f2p. I'll be in for the story, and see how it pans out. If combat is decent and story is involving, it will do fine. If combat is bad though people won't be bothered much.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Well, I think the story will be much more involving without all the players. It's hard to build the climate of survivors besieged by nightmarish monsters when you have a dozen of players running around everywhere, jumping and nuking all monsters as if those were trining dummies.
    Last edited by procne; 2017-05-12 at 01:08 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping for graphical improvements, but if the combat is engaging I'll play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Was hoping for graphical improvements, but if the combat is engaging I'll play anyway.
    Some graphics are improved.

The combat revamp is. . . different.

Have they lifted the NDA yet? xD

"Release Date: June 26, 2017"

Welp, so much for giving this game another go...I'll be (eye)balls deep in FF14's Stormblood expansion by then.

They really need a month of non-nda beta to pull in more, get additional opinions, etc.

It SEEMS like the game could still use a lot of work. It SEEMS like they should work harder to make weapons feel good, especially energizing with the off weapon.

I have a FEELING that the forums are POSSIBLY echo chambers, or MAYBE the feedback isn't always taken to heart.