Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a Blood Elf Warrior so I think it's pretty obvious I don't care about racials. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Kent1000 View Post
    u sir are wrong.

2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    32% Achievement Whores
    32% Pet Collectors
    32% Mount Collectors
    2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    31% Achievement Whores
    31% Pet Collectors
    31% Mount Collectors
    2% Trade Trolls
    1% Goldfarmer Advertising Bots

More accurate numbers for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My shammy is a draenei and the small ( very small ) gift of naaru is something i use all the time to top up dps. Over a dungeon it's like 100k but still. Plus the 1% crit it would minutely change my play but nothing to rave about.

For pvp? Pretty big deal, and sometimes unfair.

Double trinket stacking for humans? Proc on top of a use? Oh man, MEGA DEEPS INC.

Goblin jump? Can be the difference between a win and a loss, if you jump behind a pillar out of LOS of a killing blow, and heal up.

Stoneform: Successfully pissing off any feral team since whenever it was created.

Arcane torrent: A good blanket silence, not much in the way of 'OP' since it shares DR with all other silences, afaik.

Warstomp: Roflstomp/cyclone/cheetah run/regrowth/roots/etc.

Berserk/Fury: Huge damage cooldowns that can be stacked with trinkets and other abilities, can be the difference between a burst kill, or another long round waiting for CC chains.

Darkflight: DARKFLIGHT BLADESTORM TROLOLOL -- srsly though, free 40% boost isn't super OP, but it can come through when it counts.

Gift of the Naaru - 20% heal, with this expansions HUGE health pools, it can be a doozy of a survival cooldown.

Shadowmeld: Free re-entry to stealth, as well as being able to use stealth abilities in shadowmeld (sap, ambush, ravage, pounce, etc), as well as the SUPER HAX shadowmeld + sit, doesn't break the shadowmeld stealth on DoT damage. lawl.

Escape Artist/WotF: Extra escape route for when your trinket is on CD, or you don't feel like burning it. Sort of evened out when they gave it a 45s CD share with pvp trinkets, but still, better than nothing eh? Could be the difference of killing a priest, or eating a full duration 8 second fear and having the priest at full health when its over.

For PVE, no super serious advantages, sure draenei 1% hit, worgen 1% crit, orc cooldown, troll cooldown, and all the racial weapon passives are nice, but not required. and the dps increase certainly isn't something to go pay 25 or so dollars to change.

Meh. My 2c.

Deleted
    I usually don't place too much thought into the racials whenever I pick a character, but I can see some Racials being quite nasty in PvP. I usually don't bother with that, though.

Unfair. They should be balanced or removed.

i.e. very sim and dps guide lists the best racials for pve per class, so there is a distinct correct way and incorrect way to do something; anyone that is looking to minmax will have a problem with this. I want to be a Tauren but I can't because they have no PvE racials and I'd be pissed to wipe at 100k on a boss because I didn't have a DPS racial.

They should have customizable racials like a small talent tree to invest in per race whether you want to be a gatherer/pve or pvp inclined character. But that'd be smart, and the devs are not.

Deleted
    guys pleasee..... so you want every race to have same/no racial, so everything would be the same, next?, all races can choose every class??
    sounds fun yeah

misread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    guys pleasee..... so you want every race to have same/no racial, so everything would be the same, next?, all races can choose every class??
    sounds fun yeah
    And that's different to every serious/progression guild consisting of all Goblin for DPS and all Blood elves for Healing? Ah yes, I see it's all balanced.

From a pure DPS PoV according to Simcraft, troll is actually a better race than goblin :P

Deleted
    All the racials are fine, its just the human racial that is messed. the advantage over non humans is just to big.

I am surprised to read so many in this thread claim that "racials are not a big deal in PvE." In my humble opinion, they are a huge deal in PvE. I play a Goblin Death Knight in a 13/13 Heroic guild. The Rocket Jump is so incredible, it is priceless.

Just to name a few examples:

1. Kiting parasites at Magmaw & DPS at the same time.
    2. Kiting plants at Conclave.
    3. Leaving the platform for Explosive Cinders and return to the platform with a simple Jump at Heroic Nefarian.
    4. Jumping forward and/or back to the platform from Wind Burst at Heroic Al'Akir.
    5. Jumping over ice patch at Heroic Al'Akir.
    6. Many 'gap closer' uses in various encounters which increases DPS significantly such as switching from Onyxia to Nefarian, switching from Adherents to Cho'gall, etc.

There are other uses, but any of those uses are a boost to DPS and/or survivability. Imagine if you will, that you are doing a dummy DPS test. First DPS a dummy for a full minute a couple of times. Average that DPS. Then, DPS a dummy from 1 to 40 seconds, then pause for 3 seconds, then continue. The DPS drops significantly. Now stop for 6 seconds every 4 minutes, etc.

At first I didn't like Goblin as the OP described, but in this expansion at least, for PvE, the racial is just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Sup guys,

I mentioned in an earlier thread that I went goblin, and while my DPS improved slightly and rocket jump was fun, I just couldn't stand being so short. As much as I wanted to have every advantage possible, I can't play a race I just can't stand. The poochy belly, clown shoes, Brooklyn accent....it all irritates the shit outta me. (Apologies to all goblin lovers out there). While it may offer superior dps, if I hate my toon I'm not going to be providing ANY dps because I won't be playing. So I pissed away another $25 and went back to UD.

I'm not intending this as a QQ thread, but it would be nice if racials were a bit more balanced. It seems like Undead have the short end of the stick in PVE and that kinda blows. Ultimately of course it's not a deal breaker and my guild isn't so obsessed that they insist I be goblin or troll but...has anyone heard anything about Blizz revisiting racials anytime soon? What do *you* think? Unfair or no big deal? I'm trying really hard to be in the no big deal camp but I can't say I'm not at least a little irritated.

P.S. Still curious as to why as Goblin I had an extra 5 spellpower.
    Not a big deal.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    And that's different to every serious/progression guild consisting of all Goblin for DPS and all Blood elves for Healing? Ah yes, I see it's all balanced.
    If it was that big of a deal all progression guilds would be Horde. Oh wait, they aren't.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

roll a troll. get xylems illusion thing. and bam free look change. trolls and goblins tend to have the best pve race stuff imo. its not gamebreaking but it helps , esp since 1% haste is great for priests.

Deleted
    Racials aren't a big deal for PvE imo. Not that much of a big deal in PvP either. Maybe the human racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    31% Achievement Whores
    31% Pet Collectors
    31% Mount Collectors
    2% Trade Trolls
    Fixed the numbers for you.

2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    10% Achievement Whores
    10% Pet Collectors
    10% Mount Collectors
    2% Trade Trolls
    63% Players bitching on forums instead of playing the game.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If it was that big of a deal all progression guilds would be Horde. Oh wait, they aren't.
    ??? Worgen and Dranei have good DPS racials too. ??

Are you confused?

Which on a second thought, Worgen are uncredibly unfair with Darkflight in a raid - massive advantage to kiting, on Nefarian, kiting is so much easier with Darkflight. On Horde side, I tend to need assistance in the form of heavy bomb heals to survive because i can't get away towards the end when snares no longer affect them.

Racials always make a big difference in many ways. =S
    Also how Sealpup described above.
    Last edited by taurendeathknight; 2011-05-28 at 02:43 PM.

Arcane Torrent is completely imba for Nef and Cho'gall on both normal & heroic difficulty. They really should have made Worshipping immune to Arcane Torrent. Makes no sense.

Good Racials for PvP:
    Undead - WoTF
    Blood Elf - AoE Silence
    Human - EMFH
    Goblin - Rocket Jump
    Gnome - Escape Artist
    Dwarf - 10% damage reduction
    Night Elf - Shadowmeld
    Worgen - Sprint
    Tauren - AoE Stun

The only ones not great are:
    Orc - + Spell Power or Attack Power
    Draeni - Pointless heal.
    Troll - Haste is lame.

They dont really make a difference in PvP as one person is going to win a game, with one racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big enough deal to influence the race I play as.