Why does using the word "Legit" make me think it is even less Legitimate?

Seriously, I have never heard a least trustful word in my life. Is it just me, or do you feel the same when you hear that Abbreviation. It makes me kinda want to AVOID that "Legit Car Dealership".

Its like someone coming up to me and saying "LOL! That joke was ROFLBOXORS" and expecting me to have respect for them afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I think thou protest too much" kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Seriously, I have never heard a least trustful word in my life. Is it just me, or do you feel the same when you hear that Abbreviation. It makes me kinda want to AVOID that "Legit Car Dealership".

Its like someone coming up to me and saying "LOL! That joke was ROFLBOXORS" and expecting me to have respect for them afterwards.
    Sounds to legit

Legit is just another modern cool term like tight or sweet were in the late 90s. I use it often :| I guess it would depend on the person who's saying it if you can take their word for it or not.

I think "legit" is like gum, after you chew it for so long, it just loses taste
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

because of the kind of people who popularized the term, just the same as any slang

it's the fact they're actively trying to reassure you that something can be trusted.

and you're supposed to trust their advice.

...wait what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    For the same reason that you should never trust a man that says "Trust me" ?
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    For the same reason that you should never trust a man that says "Trust me" ?
    Unless its followed with "Pull my finger"

10+ Year Old Account
    I say legit a lot. But I use it sarcastically most the time when something is not legit.

Like, that cat with a top hat is legit.

^^^^ No, it is not legit, a cat with a top hat is obviously some kind of trained killer, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES trust the cat. ASSASSINOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    it's the fact they're actively trying to reassure you that something can be trusted.

and you're supposed to trust their advice.

...wait what?
    Yea thats the thing, would would really trust someone's judgement who uses that word?