Ragnaros Public Test Realm Attempt - Enigma (Phase 1-2)

Our other group got further, however nobody was frapsing. Fairly fun fight although phase one was undertuned.

US-Deathwing Enigma, Hunter point of view, 'Megahoof'

Thanks for watching our attempt at Ragnaros on the PTR.
    Last edited by Fountaiinn; 2011-05-28 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice video! Good to see one up so quick.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see some skilled people in Deathwing

Too bad that if you guys end up in top 10 guilds us killing raggy, alliance side will die in Deathwing and i will have to transfer because of everyone going horde to aply =(
    Last edited by Antherios; 2011-05-28 at 04:21 AM.

Nice video. Have to agree on phase one looking undertuned. You barely had to do anything but dps away at Rag.

Yeah, phase two can be tricky if the hammer spawns awkwardly, but if everyone stays alive the fight seems pretty manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    not just that the sons were easy to kill, p3 was ridiculous, camera angles suck have to zoom right in, pets are bugged but its ptr so all is forgiven we got him down too 33% p3 i think 2 meteors then blizzard pulled the plug
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Nice video. Have to agree on phase one looking undertuned. You barely had to do anything but dps away at Rag.
    The idea of the fight is each phase Rag maintains his currently abilities while adding new ones for you to contend with. Phase one is going to be the easiest out of design, but we were all unanimous in thinking that the fight is under tuned.

There's also a general undertone that you need to be aware of in beta testing that fights are purposely under tuned so that actual fight mechanics can be tested rather than letting groups wipe to more basic abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    It's normal mode, it's not any harder than normal mode Cho'gall/Nefarian by the looks of it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It's definitely not the type of fight where if people don't pay attention you'll destroy it, at this gear level anyways. The adds need to die; people need to dodge shit. Most of us enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorps View Post
    The idea of the fight is each phase Rag maintains his currently abilities while adding new ones for you to contend with. Phase one is going to be the easiest out of design, but we were all unanimous in thinking that the fight is under tuned.
    Eh, no he doesn't. In his current state, only phase three poses any challenge. Phase one was easy, but phase two was even easier.

A fight with lots of dont-stand-in-the-fire elements?me likes
    Awesome avatar by Resentful

"If you are Megahoof, what Battle Text are you using on that Rag fight? I quite like it.."

Got this PM, figured some others may wonder, so

I'm not Mega, however he uses MSBT, and the font itself is Myriad Condensed Web

So many people bashing the warlock lol. Pets were bugging out and despawning when attacking due to range issues. Dark is an exceptional warlock.

Ragnaros looks ugly - the swirly part of his body looks artificial and not organic - I hope they will improve the art of his torso.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Ragnaros looks ugly - the swirly part of his body looks artificial and not organic - I hope they will improve the art of his torso.
    The room itself is still extremely buggy. If you zoom out past the platform, everything goes blank. Blizzard just wanted mechanics tested last night.

Difficulty wise, the raid in general feels tuned for 359 gear, not 372.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    The room itself is still extremely buggy. If you zoom out past the platform, everything goes blank. Blizzard just wanted mechanics tested last night.

Difficulty wise, the raid in general feels tuned for 359 gear, not 372.
    That is because it will be tuned for 359. The first tier was more tuned for 346 than it was for 359 so the trend will continue.

However I think he should be made a little harder because guilds that get to him will replace some of the 359 with 378 gear from the previous bosses/firelands dailies/valor points.